The Student Room Group

Anyone used Solomon papers?

If yes what module did you use them on? Did you find that they harder/easier then the real exams? What was your grade in the actual exam in that module?

Thank You
Reply 1
Found them harder back when I did A-levels a couple of years back. If you can do them well I'd say you're (relatively) quite pro and ready for the real thing. Only really did a couple of them as there were enough normal past papers for me look at that I didn't even manage to get fully through by the time exams rolled around.
Original post by Fat-Love
Found them harder back when I did A-levels a couple of years back. If you can do them well I'd say you're (relatively) quite pro and ready for the real thing. Only really did a couple of them as there were enough normal past papers for me look at that I didn't even manage to get fully through by the time exams rolled around.

Hope I can be that pro then lol.
Reply 3
They are generally more challenging than the real ones (at least for the exam board I used, edexcel) I would say go through most of the real papers and when you find those easy move onto solomon, make sure you go back to the real papers before the exam as they are slightly different.

Also for revision purposes check out examsolutions it is a great tool for a level maths revision.
Original post by dean01234
They are generally more challenging than the real ones (at least for the exam board I used, edexcel) I would say go through most of the real papers and when you find those easy move onto solomon, make sure you go back to the real papers before the exam as they are slightly different.

Also for revision purposes check out examsolutions it is a great tool for a level maths revision.

Thx, what were your maths results if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 5
Original post by Study
Thx, what were your maths results if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, I can't remember individual module results but I got a B overall (mostly because of being let down by poor M1 and S1 results)

Quick Reply

Latest