The Student Room Group

Non-existent facial hair

So basically I have only a few strands of hair on my face also never had to shave in my entire life being told I am a late bloomer. I want a beard so bad haha but it doesn't seem to grow.

Im 20 btw.
Reply 1
It grows longer if you shave it over and over again.
Shaving is bloody annoying. Count yourself lucky...
Reply 3
I feel your pain.

For me it grows fast enough, except it's way too thin to look good :frown:
I'm 26 and still left with face pubes. My moustache grows thicker on one side and my 'beard' only grows in certain places. Still though, I look weird clean shaven, so am compelled to grow. My mother was nice enough to tell me that I looked 'not as handsome' without facial hair.
Reply 5
Original post by pyaesone

What if you have nothing to shave :P
Reply 6
late bloomer at the age of 20? I dont think so your probably just going to look young all your life, dont be annoyed its a good thing. When all your mates look like grandads when your all 35 you will still look 22
Reply 7
Original post by pyaesone

I think this is a myth.

[h="3"]"Is it true that the more I shave the thicker my beard becomes?[/h]No, your beard won't get thicker by shaving more. So you should base your decision on how often to shave on how you want to look."

Source: http://teens.webmd.com/boys/facial-hair-faq?page=2
I had only a few whispy strands at 20. Now im nearly 23 and I have almost full coverage (except for a small patch under my chin) and I can grow a reasonably respectable beard. Have patience, facial hair development is a strange thing, it doesn't seem to neccessarily correspond with puberty, and for some people it takes many years to fully develop.

Of course it may simply be that you don't have the genes for it. Do the other men in your family have facial hair?
Reply 9
Original post by Cornelius
I think this is a myth.

[h="3"]"Is it true that the more I shave the thicker my beard becomes?[/h]No, your beard won't get thicker by shaving more. So you should base your decision on how often to shave on how you want to look."

Source: http://teens.webmd.com/boys/facial-hair-faq?page=2

Oh no, personal experience. Firstly I shaved and I needn't shave everyday. It would be 3 or 4 days apart at first and then it becomes less. Now, I have to shave everyday. If not it became thicker, and facial hair became tougher as well.
Reply 10
Original post by Black Cat
What if you have nothing to shave :P

Oh it will grown in a blink of eye lol
Reply 11
Original post by Greenlaner
I had only a few whispy strands at 20. Now im nearly 23 and I have almost full coverage (except for a small patch under my chin) and I can grow a reasonably respectable beard. Have patience, facial hair development is a strange thing, it doesn't seem to neccessarily correspond with puberty, and for some people it takes many years to fully develop.

Of course it may simply be that you don't have the genes for it. Do the other men in your family have facial hair?

It's definitely in the genes my dad doesn't even have a full beard whils in his late 40s. I asked him about it and he said he only shaves every 2 - 3 months or so and that he started getting a beard at the age of 27.
My facial hair grows quick. But when I first had to shave, my facial hair was in a bit of a state.
27 and I'm nowhere near full beard yet. I don't really mind tbh. Shaving daily is something I don't want to have to be bothered with! :lol:
Reply 14
I have this theory that weed makes you grow facial hair quicker. Smoke it for 6months daily and let me know how you get on.
Reply 15
Original post by Yawn11
I have this theory that weed makes you grow facial hair quicker. Smoke it for 6months daily and let me know how you get on.

Haha I don't smoke though but this sounds like a myth :rolleyes:
Original post by Black Cat
It's definitely in the genes my dad doesn't even have a full beard whils in his late 40s. I asked him about it and he said he only shaves every 2 - 3 months or so and that he started getting a beard at the age of 27.

It is in my genes too. The omnicient creator hand picked us because we are special. 'nough said Tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest