The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craghyrax
But can you see all results via CamSIS, or just your own?

Just your own, so if you're nosy and want to see everyone else's results you still have to go to the Senate house :p:
Original post by Sockpirate
Just your own, so if you're nosy and want to see everyone else's results you still have to go to the Senate house :p:

jpgs usually get uploaded somewhere.

I must have spent a week stalking everyone else's results on the internet.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
jpgs usually get uploaded somewhere.

I must have spent a week stalking everyone else's results on the internet.

Oh yeah, I know - there's that Tripos results page, but sometimes they can take a really long time to be put up (especially the ones which go up after May Week) - I should have said if you want to know other peoples as soon as they come out, you still need to go to the Senate house.

I also definitely stalked all my friends results last year using that website :p:
Reply 43
Good luck to everyone. I remember Easter terms as being a particularly awful few periods of my life and ones I never wish to repeat.

Original post by Craghyrax
That's not strictly true :p: The reason there are a fair number of Fellows hanging around who don't have doctorates is that the standards and expectations were much lower in academia while it was still the preserve of wealthy white men :p: As to today, well I only had a 2.1, and I'm a funded PhD student :flute:
When I got my results for final year I did think my life was over though :sadnod:

Oh believe me, it was! It might not have been quite so bad if I'd managed to avoid being in floods of tears all of results day though :o:

I know exactly what you mean. I sank into a really deep depression after my second year results, and only barely managed to turn things around a bit in third year. I managed to have my name taken off the Senate house results things got so bad. At least everything worked out in the end, but I'll always view my Cambridge degree as an obstacle rather than something that helped me on my way.
Reply 44
Original post by Nichrome
Good luck to everyone. I remember Easter terms as being a particularly awful few periods of my life and ones I never wish to repeat.

I know exactly what you mean. I sank into a really deep depression after my second year results, and only barely managed to turn things around a bit in third year. I managed to have my name taken off the Senate house results things got so bad. At least everything worked out in the end, but I'll always view my Cambridge degree as an obstacle rather than something that helped me on my way.

If you don't mind me asking, what does the process of having your name removed entail? (Is it fairly difficult?)

I'd always assumed that even though the notice says "one or more names" have been removed, it only happens once in a blue moon and is virtually possible to get the University to agree to...
It never rains but it pours. My contact lenses have been cancelled because I tried to move stores, I have to decide if I'm uninjured enough to do something that would be really fun this weekend and, oh yeah, exams. ARGH ARGH ARGH.
Dissertation due in 9 days... First draft half finished :frown:

Somebody slap me and send me back to the library.
Reply 47
Original post by Topaz_eyes
It never rains but it pours. My contact lenses have been cancelled because I tried to move stores, I have to decide if I'm uninjured enough to do something that would be really fun this weekend and, oh yeah, exams. ARGH ARGH ARGH.

If you wear dailies, I can recommend daysoft - about £6 per box of 32, and the guy in charge of the company (Ron Hamilton) is the one who invented daily disposable lenses! Their delivery is pretty good too - should be here in 5-7 working days. :smile:
Original post by Rob da Mop

Hurry

Tripos is coming
Original post by Rob da Mop

Grit your teeth and think of May Week? Good luck :smile:

Original post by Tortious
If you wear dailies, I can recommend daysoft - about £6 per box of 32, and the guy in charge of the company (Ron Hamilton) is the one who invented daily disposable lenses! Their delivery is pretty good too - should be here in 5-7 working days. :smile:

Ah, I'm with Specsavers, who have very good aftercare that's free if you get their lenses and it actually works out pretty cheaply anyway :smile: But thanks! I've had a bit of a rant at my housemates which seemed to help :biggrin:
Original post by Topaz_eyes
Grit your teeth and think of May Week? Good luck :smile:

3tydxr.jpg
Reply 51
Original post by TimmonaPortella

Hurry

Tripos is coming

PRSOM.
Reply 52
Topaz: I left SpecSavers precisely because their admin is so diabolical with stuff like moving stores. I've been using Daysoft for awhile and its much cheaper. Even with paying for eye care its a lot cheaper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
I like how this thread's essentially become an unmoderated CamChat, where exam discussion is fine but implicitly discouraged. :p:
Reply 54
I like how this thread's essentially become an unmoderated CamChat, where exam discussion is fine but implicitly discouraged. :p:

How is CamChat moderated? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by wibletg
How is CamChat moderated? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No exam chat. :wink:
Reply 56
No exam chat. :wink:

Ah - I'mma avoid talking about exams (and just do work instead) til I go back up :tongue:
Reply 57
:ninja:
Reply 58

That's true - was wondering why the thread became livelier. :P

Talking of contact lens, I've been thinking of getting them for a while now (well, since last term), as I don't like wearing glasses, but it's so damn hard making out who it is from a distance by their contours! I've just been concerned about them hurting my eyes though :tongue:...
Reply 59
oh holy ****, just got my supervision timetable and looked how close we are to exams
i'm royally screwed

Latest

Trending

Trending