The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel History: Russia in Revolution and Stalin's Russia

For the knowledge paper we are studying these 2 units. Anyone doing either of these have any predictions on topics which may be in the question choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing these topics! My teacher reckons purges and five year plans for Stalin but no idea for the first section, maybe provisional government or 1905 revolution? How are you revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
hmm i'm thinking maybe power struggle and either purges/FYPs and then possibly economic policy under Witte and prov government/one of revolutions...

To revise I've just been going over notes and creating big A3 plans for past questions on topics as I go along what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I have no idea what to do with this course, in no doubt about dropping History next year :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by MattDowse
I have no idea what to do with this course, in no doubt about dropping History next year :frown:

same here!
I've got Russia in Rev on Wednesday. Panicking quite a lot :/ Hopefully economic progress will come up!
Reply 6
I'm doing Russia in Revolution, and my teacher has predicted something about the 1905 revolution or the Bolsheviks' consolidation of power... Good luck! :smile:
Hi my teacher has predicted 1905 revolution and in the other section either USSR WWI, Stalins rise to power or Stalins totalitarian
Good luck to you too!
Does anyone know what the questions were last last time for Stalin, I know his rise to power was one of them but I can't remember the other :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by caitlinrussel1
Hi my teacher has predicted 1905 revolution and in the other section either USSR WWI, Stalins rise to power or Stalins totalitarian
Good luck to you too!

didn't Stalin's rise to power come up last year, i doubt they would do it again:confused:
Original post by Y0NCE
didn't Stalin's rise to power come up last year, i doubt they would do it again:confused:

oh yes of course it did silly me! ahhhh that would be an awesome question though if it did!
Reply 11
Original post by caitlinrussel1
oh yes of course it did silly me! ahhhh that would be an awesome question though if it did!

haha it really would!
Good luck guys :biggrin: hope the questions are as nice as they were for me last year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any essay plans they could share, I have great factual knowledge about Russia in this period as I did the edexcel russia course at GCSE and now at AS, so I know the facts! Its just my essays let me down for some reason :frown: Anthing would be appreciated! Oh and good luck for wednesday guys!
How do you guys structure your paragraphs? I have the same exam on Wednesday :frown: good luck to everyone!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by EilisCoughlan
Does anyone have any essay plans they could share, I have great factual knowledge about Russia in this period as I did the edexcel russia course at GCSE and now at AS, so I know the facts! Its just my essays let me down for some reason :frown: Anthing would be appreciated! Oh and good luck for wednesday guys!

for all my essays i do a:

INTRODUCTION - include all the 'main' factors i'm going to talk about, say which is the most important and why. (i doesn't matter how long it becomes, but as long as you show analysis, thats great!)

PARAGRAPH 1 - most important factor and why (give examples)

PARAGRAPH 2 - next most important and why (give examples) and link to paragraph 1

PARAGRAPH 3 - the least important and why (give examples and link to paragrah 1 and 2

Conclusions- basically a repetition of introduction but in other words

If you use this VERY simple structure you should be getting B's and above. Make sure your always linking and explaining in every paragraph as this shows 'sustained analysis'

I always use this as a mental plan and i always get A's and B's
Collectivisation fo sho!
Original post by Y0NCE
for all my essays i do a:

INTRODUCTION - include all the 'main' factors i'm going to talk about, say which is the most important and why. (i doesn't matter how long it becomes, but as long as you show analysis, thats great!)

PARAGRAPH 1 - most important factor and why (give examples)

PARAGRAPH 2 - next most important and why (give examples) and link to paragraph 1

PARAGRAPH 3 - the least important and why (give examples and link to paragrah 1 and 2

Conclusions- basically a repetition of introduction but in other words

If you use this VERY simple structure you should be getting B's and above. Make sure your always linking and explaining in every paragraph as this shows 'sustained analysis'

I always use this as a mental plan and i always get A's and B's

Thanks, its nice to have a clear plan, I think I struggle to link things back as when I do its always too brief apparently :frown: thanks anyway! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Are you lot talking about the AQA exam or Edexcel exam?
Reply 19
Original post by Kennedy7697
Are you lot talking about the AQA exam or Edexcel exam?

edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending