The Student Room Group

How many GCSEs have you got so far?

Well I've got:
Core science (bio- C chem- C physics- A OVERALL: B)
Maths (C, retaking to get an A)
English Lang (C, I'm so pissed out about that)

And that's all so tell me yours :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

maths: c (retaking this june to get a b)
core science: bio:c, chem: c and physics: d, overall c
english language: A for writing part and b for speech.

oh and 1 year courses:
spanish: g
rs: e
Reply 2

1 x A
4 x B
5 x C

That was two years ago, thank god I'm leaving for uni, I hated GCSE's. But looking back, they were SO much easier.
Reply 3
As of today, I have officially finished 4 of my GCSEs.

Core Science - A*
ICT - A
Maths - A*
English Language - B (very close to an A so I'm resitting the exam)
Reply 4
French - A*
Religious Studies A*

Haven't really finished any others.
Reply 5
Just the one and that was a RS half course

RS-A
Reply 6
I currently have only one GCSE (English Language - A*) and one BTEC (ICT - Distinction) :colondollar:, finishing them all in May/June.
we only got to do maths early, so 1 A*
i need another 10 in August though :frown:
Finished with twelve: Nine A's and Three B's.
Reply 9
Mathematics:1st Module 97%, 2nd Module 92% (final to be completed)Predicted Grade A*
English Literature & Language:Coursework Collectively A*A* Predicted Grade A*A*
IGCSEs Double Award Science:Predicted Grade A*A*
French:Predicted Grade A
Geography:Predicted Grade A*
Design & Technology: Resistant Materials Predicted Grade A*
Fine Art: Coursework Collectively A*Predicted Grade A*(aRT sCHOLARSHIP TO A PRIVATE sIXTH FORM)-SORRY CAPS
HPQ studying Architecture
I've finished:
Astronomy (A*)
Maths (A*)
English Language (A*, but only one mark into the boundary so am retaking an exam to make it secure)
ICT (A, but have just today made improvements to my coursework so this should hopefully go up)

Still got stuff to do for the rest, unfortunately.
Reply 11
got 5 so far:
ICT - A
Statistics- A
Core Science- A
RS- A*
English language- B
Reply 12
8 I think, took them in 2005. Not disclosing grades though :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
I have none :frown: DAMN YOU LINEAR COURSES!
Reply 14
Maths - A

The others are modular but English Language will most probably be an A since I've done everything for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mitchellshazia
I've finished:
Astronomy (A*)
Maths (A*)
English Language (A*, but only one mark into the boundary so am retaking an exam to make it secure)
ICT (A, but have just today made improvements to my coursework so this should hopefully go up)

Still got stuff to do for the rest, unfortunately.

Why are you retaking English Lang? You got an A*, it's not going to go down and no-one will see what mark you got!!!
Reply 16
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Why are you retaking English Lang? You got an A*, it's not going to go down and no-one will see what mark you got!!!

Sometimes the coursework can bring it down. Also this year for January exams they didn't give us grades, just marks due to last years fiasco. They'll release grade boundaries in Summer after both exams have been taken, so securing the grade is necessary as they may up the boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Sometimes the coursework can bring it down. Also this year for January exams they didn't give us grades, just marks due to last years fiasco. They'll release grade boundaries in Summer after both exams have been taken, so securing the grade is necessary as they may up the boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh? That's odd... How does not giving you the actual grades make any difference...?
Reply 18
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Huh? That's odd... How does not giving you the actual grades make any difference...?

Because last January (as far as I remember) ... To get a C was (hypothetically) a mark of 40... But in June when the same exam was taken to get a C you had to get, say 50. This was due to pressures from the government. If the person who'd taken the June exam had taken it in January they would've got a C. So this year to avoid the whole protest blah bah thing they're withholding the grade boundaries until both exams are done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
10 A*-C
2 D-U(both D's)

Quick Reply

Latest