The Student Room Group

hes so experienced and i just feel stupid

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alassin sane
My boyfriend was exactly like this when we first got together, and yeah, it did make me feel rubbish and worried about whether I was just being used. However, after asking him to stop he did and 2 years down the line we're still madly in love :smile: when I asked why he was like that during the early days of our relationship he said it was because he was insecure and thought that if he proved to me that other girls were interested in him, I'd be more likely to stay. Silly boy:rolleyes:

That's a good point. I mean it's definitely true that having girls interested in you makes you more attractive to other girls, so it isn't unreasonable to think that mentioning that other girls found you attractive will also have the same effect. Sadly telling doesn't have the same effect as showing.

Having a lot of sex/relationships also doesn't make a person automatically secure- he's also had a lot of failed relationships. And you only have to read reactions on here to see how horrible people can be to people who've had a lot of history.
Reply 41
Original post by oursecret3
tell him bye bye, you have saved your self? he sounds horrible! sleeping with alot of people isnt something you brag about, especially to a girl you like?

Using question marks... You're doing it wrong.
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
Im in a relationship with this guy, both 3rd year Uni students. Im a virgin and he keeps telling me to wait till im ready, he wont rush me, hes never tried anything without my permission and he really is amazing.

The only problem is he is VERY experienced and its making me really feel crap. He mentions his sexual encounters ''ive taken quite a lot of girls virginities and they enjoyed themselves'' or he mentions his ex's (which he has a LOT of). Like i dont even wanna know what his sex number is because it would make me feel crap.

Its not really the sex that bothers me, but the fact hes had about 10 relationships and I just feel like Im going to be another girl whose virginity he takes and then means nothing to him.

I really like him and Ive spoken about this with him and he keeps telling me how important I am to him and he feels differently about me, but it feels like he probably said the same thing to the hundreds of other girls before.

How do I get over this stupid insecurity?

Every time he brings his ex's up or his sexual encounters it just makes me feel really crap.

Some of the responses on here are from absolute morons.

The first thing, above all, to remember is that you know this guy better than anyone here. All we have is a few paragraphs of information to go off, so anyone telling you they know what's going on his mind is lying. For the love of God, if you really, honestly believe he's genuine, give him the benefit of the doubt. Don't condemn him from the accounts of a few strangers on the internet.

Anyway. I don't think he's that bad. Two of my exes were just like this. I'm now good friends with both and they're still just like this. It's just the way they are. They're two of the kindest, most decent people in the world. They just don't see certain topics like this as off-limits. It's not them being insensitive, or manipulative (hah) like some people have said. They just really think it's a relevant conversation point.

To be honest, I find the easiest way to deal with it is to just push past the insecurity. He's chosen to be with you, he wants to be with you. If you ever feel like he's deliberately not treating you right or ignoring you then you have cause for concern, but don't worry about him just having a different idea of what's acceptable conversation. Like it or not, these are things that happened to him, he wants to talk about them, and asking not to hear about it never makes it go away. It's more healthy to listen, be understanding, and accept his past.
Original post by Misstery
Some of the responses on here are from absolute morons.

The first thing, above all, to remember is that you know this guy better than anyone here. All we have is a few paragraphs of information to go off, so anyone telling you they know what's going on his mind is lying. For the love of God, if you really, honestly believe he's genuine, give him the benefit of the doubt. Don't condemn him from the accounts of a few strangers on the internet.

Anyway. I don't think he's that bad. Two of my exes were just like this. I'm now good friends with both and they're still just like this. It's just the way they are. They're two of the kindest, most decent people in the world. They just don't see certain topics like this as off-limits. It's not them being insensitive, or manipulative (hah) like some people have said. They just really think it's a relevant conversation point.

To be honest, I find the easiest way to deal with it is to just push past the insecurity. He's chosen to be with you, he wants to be with you. If you ever feel like he's deliberately not treating you right or ignoring you then you have cause for concern, but don't worry about him just having a different idea of what's acceptable conversation. Like it or not, these are things that happened to him, he wants to talk about them, and asking not to hear about it never makes it go away. It's more healthy to listen, be understanding, and accept his past.

Ah, a girl who gets it. Handy thing to remember- when a guy says something that hurts your feelings, he really honestly probably didn't mean to. The amount of times I've tried to work out why I've upset a girl, and she's thought I've been malicious.
Reply 44
Original post by Mankytoes
Ah, a girl who gets it. Handy thing to remember- when a guy says something that hurts your feelings, he really honestly probably didn't mean to. The amount of times I've tried to work out why I've upset a girl, and she's thought I've been malicious.

Yeah, exactly. I think too many people get caught up in getting offended over what they think they should be offended over rather than what is actually meant to be offensive. Taking a couple of minutes to figure out which is which can do wonders for a relationship. :smile:
Original post by Misstery
Yeah, exactly. I think too many people get caught up in getting offended over what they think they should be offended over rather than what is actually meant to be offensive. Taking a couple of minutes to figure out which is which can do wonders for a relationship. :smile:

And just say what's bothering you. You can try to hint, but we probably won't get it.
Reply 46
Original post by Mankytoes
And just say what's bothering you. You can try to hint, but we probably won't get it.

i did say before, but he still does it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending