The Student Room Group

Negotiating Rent

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by meenu89
Congratulations :smile:

Thank you and thanks for your input :smile:
Reply 21
Congratulations! Good to know you were able to keep it lower :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my God where do you live. Living in Kent is expensive my one bed flat (in a dodgy area at that) was 600pcm! :frown: tbf it was quite big. Maybe I should relocate lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xStaceyy
She didn't accept £320 but offered £355 and we accepted it :smile: We have a flat!

Well done! :smile:
You've saved yourself a bit of money there which will certainly add up every month! :tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by HmMusic
Congratulations! Good to know you were able to keep it lower :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Solid.Snake
Well done! :smile:
You've saved yourself a bit of money there which will certainly add up every month! :tongue:

Thank you! Yeah I'm happy that we got some money off :biggrin: That £15 a month will pay for my broadband, tv and phone package :smile:
bloody hell, I wish I could get a 1 bed flat for £370 where I am. I'm looking into getting a studio for myself and they're around £500 a month no bills included for a poxy studio with a crappy kitchenette! Sucks to be near London...

Original post by meenu89
If that was my Dad he would refuse outright, he has asked for £370, he can find other tenants. I would rather have it empty.

It's a good job you're not in charge then... £320>£0

OP - The worst the landlord can do is say no, then you can always up your offer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by biffyclyro27
bloody hell, I wish I could get a 1 bed flat for £370 where I am. I'm looking into getting a studio for myself and they're around £500 a month no bills included for a poxy studio with a crappy kitchenette! Sucks to be near London...

It's a good job you're not in charge then... £320>£0

I know I'm not good with figures, but I know that £320 is more than 0. Like I said, my Dad doesn't negotiate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by meenu89
I know I'm not good with figures, but I know that £320 is more than 0. Like I said, my Dad doesn't negotiate.

Which is a shame really, private landlords put their rents up so damn high it's impossible to try and find somewhere half decent, clean and not a shoebox that you can afford. I have real issues with the letting market and greed.
Reply 28
The place I'm moving into with my boyfriend is £895 a month.

I'm a student too. Sucks.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by xStaceyy
Hi everyone,
Me and my fiancee are getting out first flat together and have found one we really like for which the landlord is asking for £370 a month.
This is a little expensive for a one bedroom flat in the area we've chosen so I have just phoned the agency and offered £320. Do you think this is too little?

I don't want to seem cheeky but this is our first flat and we want to keep costs down as much as possible.
I'm afraid she'll take offence and not offer us the flat at all! Do you think that'll happen?

I'm worried now, just waiting for the agency to call back :P
Any advice is much appreciated!

Personally I think it's rude to off less than the asking rental value. As the PP mentioned, they can find other tenants, and if you want it then pay for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending