The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sershxxx
Thank you! Yeah I absolutely love Edinburgh so I'm sure I'll have a great time wherever I end up. And I'm sure you'll have a great time too :-). Are you looking forward to freshers' week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cannot wait to just finis school and move away! And yeah super excited about freshers' :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 181
Original post by billmollysookie
I cannot wait to just finis school and move away! And yeah super excited about freshers' :biggrin:

Yeah I'm so excited to start uni in September! Are you doing a sixth year at the moment :-)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm so excited to start uni in September! Are you doing a sixth year at the moment :-)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah are you? :smile: I am finding it such a waste of time :colondollar:
Reply 183
Yeah are you? :smile: I am finding it such a waste of time :colondollar:

Yeah I am. Same here - it's definitely not lived up to my expectations of what I expected sixth year to be but I'm so thankful that my offer is unconditional because it must be so difficult to have to meet conditions. What subjects are you doing this year :-)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GreenTeen
I'm doing Sustainable Energy Engineering, so I'll see you then :smile:

Hi,
I accepted offer for structural engineering with architecture. Maybe we will have some common courses in year 1.
Yeah I am. Same here - it's definitely not lived up to my expectations of what I expected sixth year to be but I'm so thankful that my offer is unconditional because it must be so difficult to have to meet conditions. What subjects are you doing this year :-)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AH History and Spanish (I dropped english) and int 2 italian :smile: but having an unconditional just means I do no work :colondollar: what are you doing?
Reply 186
AH History and Spanish (I dropped english) and int 2 italian :smile: but having an unconditional just means I do no work :colondollar: what are you doing?

AH Modern Studies, AH Chemistry and a crash higher in Human Biology. Wow I would have loved to have done Spanish/Italian but my school doesn't teach those languages. Yeah same here - my fifth year work ethic and sixth year work ethic could not be further apart! Haha. It must be awful to have the stress of a conditional offer though (sorry A Level/ International firmers) :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShahrukhSC
Heyy, so what course are you now opting for? Well its a conditional offer. I need an A in math and another BC. This was the minimum they want. In my AS levels I got 3A's. 8A's in Olevels.
I'm still opting for this course, :biggrin: probably heading to Newcastle now... That conditional isn't out of my hands, (currently sitting on ABB at AS) and got 2 A*s 7As and a C for O level... but hey, that's life. got rejected due to not being competitive enough :rolleyes: My PS was pretty impressive in terms of extra curriculars, but my vibes tell me its the ABB at AS that led them to turn me down... You're gonna enjoy Edinburgh! PS. I'm still thinking about whether or not calling them up if I manage something around AAA :wink:
AH Modern Studies, AH Chemistry and a crash higher in Human Biology. Wow I would have loved to have done Spanish/Italian but my school doesn't teach those languages. Yeah same here - my fifth year work ethic and sixth year work ethic could not be further apart! Haha. It must be awful to have the stress of a conditional offer though (sorry A Level/ International firmers) :-)

I'm actually doing the Law with Spanish course :biggrin: I did biology last year and I loved it. Last year I always felt like I was doing nothing but looking back I did soooo much more than I'm doing this year. Oh well I've caught up with a lot of sleep in the common room :colondollar:
Reply 189
I'm actually doing the Law with Spanish course :biggrin: I did biology last year and I loved it. Last year I always felt like I was doing nothing but looking back I did soooo much more than I'm doing this year. Oh well I've caught up with a lot of sleep in the common room :colondollar:

I was so close to applying to Law with French but didn't in the end. Yeah I really like it! Yeah - I claim to be suffering from 'sixth year fatigue' after the stress of five Highers haha :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by betay
Finally plucked up the courage to firm for Religious Studies!

Do I need to send my GCSE/A-Level certificates off? And has anyone applied for finance- if so what address have you put for the university?

Ta :smile:

Another Religious Studies person yaaay :smile: Hope to see you in September :biggrin:!!
Reply 191
Firmed for Nursing Studies :smile:
Just firmed for Philosophy! Just got to get the grades now...
Reply 193
Just firmed for Philosophy too! Is there a facebook group or anything? I'm so excited!
Reply 194
Original post by lornarose
Just firmed for Philosophy too! Is there a facebook group or anything? I'm so excited!

See previous pages; somewhere there's a link to a Facebook group.
Reply 195
Anybody going for law here? Really excited to be there :biggrin:
Reply 196
Hey I just firmed for Law (LLB). Was just wondering if anyone had sent copies of their certificates yet and if they had any advice on which was the best/easiest way to do it :-D? Really looking forward to starting in September!

Oh hi I didn't see this before I posted! I'm firming LLB too! Nice to meet you :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by alex_atl
Anybody going for law here? Really excited to be there :biggrin:

Me :smile:
I've got an unconditional offer for master's study in Theology in History(RS).
Reply 199
Original post by alex_atl
Oh hi I didn't see this before I posted! I'm firming LLB too! Nice to meet you :smile:

Original post by CarlyR
Me :smile:

Hey lovely to meet you both. I'm Saoirse but just call me Sersh :-D. Are you on the Facebook 'Edinburgh Firmers' group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending