The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 3A Summer 2013

Thought I would start a new thread for the big A2 geography paper in summer as the last one was dedicated to the 2012 paper!

Please discuss how revision is going, what topics you are learning, share notes and predictions for what will be in the exam...

:smile:

I MEANT UNIT 3! (NOT 3a!) :smile:

I SHALL TRY TO POSITIVE REP EVERYONE WHO COMMENTS TOO!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Orrrrrr not then :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by gman10
Orrrrrr not then :frown:

Do you mean just Unit 3 (GEOG3), 3A confused me ha.
I'm studying Weather and climate, plate tectonics and world cities
How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by Jade10128
Do you mean just Unit 3 (GEOG3), 3A confused me ha.
I'm studying Weather and climate, plate tectonics and world cities
How about you?

Yes UNIT 3 (NOT 3a!!)... Awesome, I am doing tectonics, world cities, and development and globalisation!

How are you finding tectonics and world cities? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by gman10
Yes UNIT 3 (NOT 3a!!)... Awesome, I am doing tectonics, world cities, and development and globalisation!

How are you finding tectonics and world cities? :smile:

Tectonics is by far my preferred and world cities seems a little less geography like..it just felt like an odd topic to be in A level geography. How about you?
Weather is a tough one! But your not doing that one anyway ha
Reply 6
Original post by Jade10128
Tectonics is by far my preferred and world cities seems a little less geography like..it just felt like an odd topic to be in A level geography. How about you?
Weather is a tough one! But your not doing that one anyway ha

Yeah tectonics is enjoyable! World cities I am less keen on and seems to have so many case studies :s-smilie: Ah I'm glad i am not, it sounds boring!

How much revision are you going to do for the exam??
Reply 7
Original post by gman10
Yeah tectonics is enjoyable! World cities I am less keen on and seems to have so many case studies :s-smilie: Ah I'm glad i am not, it sounds boring!

How much revision are you going to do for the exam??

Yeah I know exactly what you mean! Everything seems so synoptic...its making me so worried as I feel I've forgotten everything from AS! (not good)
I've only just started hardcore revision..which i also feel like I should of start earlier, we have just under 3 months so I hope it will be alright!
What about you? And how are you revising?
I've just been re-writing my notes, but i feel like nothing goes in :/ I need better revision strategies!
Reply 8
I'm doing tectonics, globalisation and ecosystems. What case studies are people doing? I'm doing Tohoku earthquake, boxing day tsunami, Pinatubo and Mount Saint Hellens for tectonics, then BP Deepwater Horizon, Batwa pygmies of Uganda and Troopers hill for Ecoystems, unsure for globalisation atm
I am doing Ecosystems, Plate Tectonics, World Cities & Conflict.
there is a 2013 thread already...
Reply 11
Hi guys :smile:

I'm also doing this exam, I got a B for AS ( ums 143) , I was wondering what i need to get in A2 to get an A overall?

Hope revision is going well :smile:
Reply 12
What is everybody's predictions for the exam?
Reply 13
Anyone got any ideas how to learn case studies?? I have about 8 to learn, it's so mean of them haha! :P Does anyone know whether you have to know specific stats or would you be able to get away with just knowing the general gist (e.g. that responses were better in Mt St Helens than Montserrat). Trying to learn all these tiny little details is making me go crazy!
Reply 14
Original post by flower124
Anyone got any ideas how to learn case studies?? I have about 8 to learn, it's so mean of them haha! :P Does anyone know whether you have to know specific stats or would you be able to get away with just knowing the general gist (e.g. that responses were better in Mt St Helens than Montserrat). Trying to learn all these tiny little details is making me go crazy!

Condense each case study to one side of A4 putting a few of the key facts e.g. what happened, the responses, the recovery etc. The examiners are not expecting you to know loads and loads just enough to show you have a fairly good understanding. When you come to learn them write them out and keep on doing this until you can do it from memory!

Good luck
Reply 15
Original post by gman10
Condense each case study to one side of A4 putting a few of the key facts e.g. what happened, the responses, the recovery etc. The examiners are not expecting you to know loads and loads just enough to show you have a fairly good understanding. When you come to learn them write them out and keep on doing this until you can do it from memory!

Good luck

Thank you, that's really reassuring - I was thinking the examiners were expecting us to roll off 25+ statistics for each of the 6 case studies with complete accuracy :/ I hope it goes well for you :smile:
Reply 16
I'm getting pretty confused about humidity.

Can someone just confirm that what I think is correct please
Relative humidity = % of water vapour in atmosphere with 100% being saturation
Humidity = amount of water vapour in the atmosphere

Relative humidity and humidity both decrease as temperature increases

Does a decrease in relative humidity mean that the air can hold more water until it becomes saturated???

Help! I'm struggling, hope revision is going well !
Reply 17
Well about 4-5 dayd till the exam and i will be doing almost 6 hours a day on geography. Hopefully i can stick to this and do 2 hours per topic (2 physical and 1 human). I have trouble remembering all the figures any tips? All the content is relatively easy to remember and only requires a few days to understand but keeping these figures in my head is getting very hard closer to the exam. Any tips?
Reply 18
Original post by kabutsu12
I'm doing tectonics, globalisation and ecosystems. What case studies are people doing? I'm doing Tohoku earthquake, boxing day tsunami, Pinatubo and Mount Saint Hellens for tectonics, then BP Deepwater Horizon, Batwa pygmies of Uganda and Troopers hill for Ecoystems, unsure for globalisation atm

Heyy, Im also doing ecosystems :smile:

any predictions for questions on ecosystems ?
Reply 19
Original post by phillips 1878
I am doing Ecosystems, Plate Tectonics, World Cities & Conflict.

Heyy, Im also doing ecosystems :smile:

any predictions for questions on ecosystems ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending