Scroll to see replies

Does Durham have a humanities foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 261
I think there is a combined honours in arts and humanities, but I would have to double check that, otherwise they do a variety of Humanities related progression routes.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/foundation.centre/dpp/proglist/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 262
Hi everyone i got offered a place on the humanities course to progress onto English. Anyone else doing this course? Id like to get to know a few people before we start :smile:
Reply 263
Original post by daniel.njuguna
Does Durham have a humanities foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile

To follow up your query, there is a combined arts and humanities with foundation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems Durham have rejected me :frown:
Reply 265
Is that definite? If so, ask for feedback

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really sorry to hear that. Definitely ask for feedback!

I've been allocated Collingwood College guys! Anyone else?
Reply 267
Im collingwood. I was originally john snow then i got a letter saying im now colling?! Lol
Reply 268
Original post by aesir22
Im collingwood. I was originally john snow then i got a letter saying im now colling?! Lol

How is that even possible? Different campuses. :eek:
Reply 269
No idea! I think it might be because physics foundation is in durham city, not stockton, so it's more logical for my college to be in durham?? No idea lol
Congratz on getting into collingwood! Computer Science here
Original post by aesir22
No idea! I think it might be because physics foundation is in durham city, not stockton, so it's more logical for my college to be in durham?? No idea lol

Your correct, they misallocated my college to John Snow also. LLB Law with Foundation is taught at Durham city. :smile:
I will receive a definite reply next week of whether they can re-consider me & whether or not they aren't full. I applied for classics with foundation but initially its for the combined honours in arts with foundation, but since there is no ucas code I was told to apply for classics... My application is atypical so I'll have to wait till next week to know for sure.
Reply 273
Original post by Koshkaquoibonis
I will receive a definite reply next week of whether they can re-consider me & whether or not they aren't full. I applied for classics with foundation but initially its for the combined honours in arts with foundation, but since there is no ucas code I was told to apply for classics... My application is atypical so I'll have to wait till next week to know for sure.

Fingers crossed. If you are successful, then you may have the opportunity to convert to the combined honours during the Foundation year. Also the modules are the same, so it should be an easy enough process to change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274
What do you think of the new admissions process for allocating colleges?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 275
Hey guys,
I've been allocated St Chads! I was wondering if you guys could give me an overview of what St Chad's is like? There isn't really much information on here regarding it.
Reply 276
Original post by Esteta
Hey guys,
I've been allocated St Chads! I was wondering if you guys could give me an overview of what St Chad's is like? There isn't really much information on here regarding it.

Try: www.dur.ac.uk/st-chads.jcr

May give you some insight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 277

Ohh they have updated their website since I last visited a few weeks ago! I wish they had some more Youtube videos to give more insight into the college.
Reply 278
Original post by Esteta
Ohh they have updated their website since I last visited a few weeks ago! I wish they had some more Youtube videos to give more insight into the college.

I don't know if you are aware but that there is a Facebook page for St Chads, which may be good to communicate with other students on there who know the college best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 279
Hello
I got an offer for the Athropology+ Foundation Course.
Would you be able to tell me about the biology syllabus? Topics,books etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest