The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought that too but I am dislecsic so aren't very good at English and I haven't took any humanities or art at gcse :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 401
Biology- A/A*
Physics- A/A*
Chemistry- A/A*
E. Lit- A*
English Lang.- A (Achieved :smile:)
History- A*
Geography- B (Need a high A for an A though so maybe an A :smile: )
French- C :angry:
ICT- Merit
Maths- A*
R.E- B (blurgh)

Anyway let's go back to Bio talk, getting a little carried away!!
Reply 402
I think I'd genuinely cry in the exam if the 6-mark was on explaining a biogas generator.
I hope that it's on comparing dialysis with heart transplants, but I doubt it will be.
Original post by BI0
I think I'd genuinely cry in the exam if the 6-mark was on explaining a biogas generator.
I hope that it's on comparing dialysis with heart transplants, but I doubt it will be.

I also doubt it, sadly :frown: because it was on the specimen paper
Reply 404
Original post by BI0

There are not that many points to make on bio gas generators though :s-smilie: Unless they ask you to compare the two types? :confused:
Reply 405
Can someone link me to the specimen paper?
Original post by megan1997
All are predicted except maybe which I already have

Maths - B
Chemistry - B
Biology - A/A*
Physics - B
Geography - A
Business - A
Spanish - C
English language - B/A
English literature - B
Psychology - A
Philosophy and ethics - A

they're not bad :smile: .. mine are in my sig :smile: you have 6 A's 4/5 Bs and a C ... they're good enough :smile: now you just have to work for your AS's

Original post by issie1234
These are all my predicted grades, I'm currently a B in most subjects:

Biology - A
Citizenship - A
Drama - A
English - A
History - A
IT - distinction
Maths - A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Music - B
RE - A

So basically all As except music :/ I probably won't be able to get the A in Biology unless I get 94 in this exam or retake the ISA (I did really badly for some reason)

if you get those they will be great :smile: better than mine :smile: ..... I think you're a bit late to retake the ISA the deadline I believe is the 15th ... I would personally work my ass of on unit 3 :smile: ... I am targeting 100 UMS , I reckon I will get 92 :L ... and I need 76 UMS for an A*
Original post by the-hindu
Can someone link me to the specimen paper?

Specimen paper - http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL-W-SQP-3H.PDF
Mark scheme - http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL-W-SMS-3H.PDF
Reply 408
Original post by techno836
they're not bad :smile: .. mine are in my sig :smile: you have 6 A's 4/5 Bs and a C ... they're good enough :smile: now you just have to work for your AS's

if you get those they will be great :smile: better than mine :smile: ..... I think you're a bit late to retake the ISA the deadline I believe is the 15th ... I would personally work my ass of on unit 3 :smile: ... I am targeting 100 UMS , I reckon I will get 92 :L ... and I need 76 UMS for an A*

Congrats on the A*, let's face it you do already have it :colondollar:
I need 92 UMS :eek:. This exam will hopefully be piss though :cool:
Reply 409
Considering this exam has never been sat before, how can AQA only give us one crappy specimen paper? :mad:

Aren't they supposed to give us 3 or something?
Reply 410
Original post by Kill3er
Considering this exam has never been sat before, how can AQA only give us one crappy specimen paper? :mad:

Aren't they supposed to give us 3 or something?

This is how it works, it's not only AQA that does it:tongue:

But when you think about it, hopefully the boundaries will be low because this is the first time the exam is sat. But judging from what I have seen here, people will do good. So I would not count on it :s-smilie:
Reply 411
I think theres like a high possibility that the 6marks question might of sustainable food production or something around mycoprotien maybe..? :smile: x
How confident are you all for B3?
Reply 413
Original post by lolface32
This is how it works, it's not only AQA that does it:tongue:

But when you think about it, hopefully the boundaries will be low because this is the first time the exam is sat. But judging from what I have seen here, people will do good. So I would not count on it :s-smilie:

I can remember Edexcel giving 3 specimen papers for maths module 3, the first time it was being sat.
Reply 414
Original post by Kill3er
I can remember Edexcel giving 3 specimen papers for maths module 3, the first time it was being sat.

awwww

Edexcel are baws :cool:
Original post by MsFahima
How confident are you all for B3?

I thought I was confident but then I did the specimen and the mark scheme is ridiculous!
Reply 416
hi

I was wondering does any1 have the jan 2013 higher paper with marscheme of bio, chem and phys ??
thankks
If a 6 marker on the two different biogas generators came out how would you answer the question to get 6 marks. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836

Mine are 8 A* 3 A and a B, but thats not really realistic but then again nothing is impossible :biggrin:

Same. Im targeting at 100 UMS. I really want an A* in bio !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 419
I'm predicted an A in all sciences but I got one mark under a c in b2 and 5 under a c on c2 so not to confident on b3 :/

Latest

Trending

Trending