The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the A* guy
Thank you very much for uploading this mark scheme.

I have one little question, in Q7 i made a silly mistake, and made 21/2 simplify to 11.5 (instead of 10.5), so i ended up with S21=9200 (instead of 8400), but i did the next part correctly and got 18600. Then i added the two giving me 27800 instead of 27000. How many marks do you think i will lose for this out of 5? will is get any ECF marks?

Original post by -bethan-
How the hell did we manage to do the same thing?! :lol:

How did all 3 of us manage to do this? :rofl:

I'm SO FRICKIN' annoyed - lost all my marks on stupid little mistakes, the most annoying of which was getting +6 instead of -6 in 9a), which meant that even though I did the integration process perfectly in 9c), I have probably only got 2/5 for that! GRRRRR
Reply 81
Were there any ECF marks on Q11 c+d? Hopefully my wrong normal value will still allow me to get more marks on Q11 :frown:

+how do you work out asymptotes? I completely guessed x=0 and y=4
Reply 82
Original post by Sensy
Were there any ECF marks on Q11 c+d? Hopefully my wrong normal value will still allow me to get more marks on Q11 :frown:

+how do you work out asymptotes? I completely guessed x=0 and y=4

The equation was something like y=2/x+4. A regular /x graph will have asymptotes of x=0 and y=0. This plus four means f(x)+4 and from the transformation of graphs we know that this moves the graph up by four units, therefore having an asymptote of y=4 and x=0 (as x=0 is unaffected). :redface:
how much will 55 or 56 be ?
Reply 84
a simplestic explanation is that asymptotes are straight lines that the curves never quite reach.

so a 1/x graph never quite reaches the x or y axis, those are its aymptotes. This graph had to be shifted 4 up, so the asymptote shifted 4 up from the x-axis to y=4.
Reply 85
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
On 11d I left the answer as root160, would I lose an answer mark on that?

On 9c I somehow got the constant as 4 :s-smilie:

11d - i very much doubt it, it didn't say to simplify
Reply 86
Original post by bloom princeton
do you have the papers for chemistry and biology unit 3??plz post them

no, sorry
Reply 87
Original post by JessicaGarlai
that phone question was some stupid ass question. did S20 instead of S21 and did 32x600 instead of 31x600 -.- at least I'll get the method marks!

Did exactly the same thing:s-smilie:
Reply 88
Now i'm not sure if i made this mistake but i got a bad feeling that I did. SO would i lose marks for not labelling the axis as x and y onQ8? And if so how many? Apart from that i think i got 73 but I really want above 95 UMS

>.<
EDIT:

So if the grade boundaries were to be 62 for an A what would 73/75 equate to in UMS?

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 89
Would 64 be an a?
Reply 90
Sorry to repeat what anyone else may have asked, but what do you think the grade boundaries will roughly be like for this paper?
Reply 91
Original post by SILHAM
Hey guys, I'm in need of help please, i got the same answers as arsey, until the final two questions on question 11, I was in a race against time on that last question, so I just rushed. For the five marker i did not differentiate, i just changed the 3 over x into -x over 3, and then found the equation of my wrong line by putting the co-ordinates in, then 3 marker for finding the length of AB mine would obviously wrong because i got a wrong equation for the line , but i used the right method (which was set x equal to 0 to get the point where it crosses the y axis, and the set y equal to 0, to see at which point it crosses the x axis), would they give me 3 out 3 because my length would have been right had i got the right equation for the line. Would I lose all 8 marks :frown:?

I DID THE EXACT SAME THING! But I'm sure we'll get 2/3 marks for method?
although I finished the paper 45 mins early I still managed to mess it up :colondollar: so we got -1/3 instead of 3 for the gradient :P which gave us root(40) not 160
Reply 92
I would guess around 62. It is very rare for a C1 boundary to be outside 58-62. I think this paper was slighlty easier than normal. 63 wouldn't surprise me, anything more would.
Reply 93
Original post by Arsey
I would guess around 62. It is very rare for a C1 boundary to be outside 58-62. I think this paper was slighlty easier than normal. 63 wouldn't surprise me, anything more would.

Whilst I believe I have around full marks, question 10 with 'k' threw a lot of people off in my school. I think only one or two other than me managed to get 1/16 or so; do you not think this will pull the grade boundaries down by a mark or two?
I got y - 3 = 3(x + 3) for part C of Q11 but then for part D, when I substituted x = 0, I got y = 15 instead of 12 and then got the wrong length of AB. I did get the x intercept correct though so how many marks might I get?
Original post by Arsey

Quick question for Q7b I worked out S20 and then calculated 32x600 I still get 27000 as the end result will I still get full marks? Also for question Q8b I expanded the equation will I get the mark?
I can't believe what I did!
I got all of 11b and c wrong because I didn't integrate to work out the equation of the line, I just used the 2 coordinates P and H, I have no idea why, I knew what to do!!!! :angry::angry::angry:
I got 62 marks. I could have got 70 marks!!!:frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
I DID THE EXACT SAME THING! But I'm sure we'll get 2/3 marks for method?
although I finished the paper 45 mins early I still managed to mess it up :colondollar: so we got -1/3 instead of 3 for the gradient :P which gave us root(40) not 160

I did exactly this.. any estimates on what that would get out of 8?
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
On 11d I left the answer as root160, would I lose an answer mark on that?

On 9c I somehow got the constant as 4 :s-smilie:

i did the same as you for 11d ! we won't lose a mark though as the question never said to simplify !
Reply 99
Arsey, cheers for the model answers. Can we kindly have your predictions on grade boundaries please? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending