The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnight1811
out of 60, what would would be the for grade an U & Just wonderig what the grade D well be ? Any rough estimations on the UMS score of 51 ?

I think a U will be below 12 and a D will be 13-19

51 will be 97-100UMS
Reply 1541
Guys quick question about my revision, do you think watching and taking notes on the myGCSEscience videos and doing a couple of past papers is sufficient revision for my C2, C3, P2 and P3 exams next week? thanks
Original post by cmorga1
Guys quick question about my revision, do you think watching and taking notes on the myGCSEscience videos and doing a couple of past papers is sufficient revision for my C2, C3, P2 and P3 exams next week? thanks

He hasn't finished the C3 videos, so I think you'll struggle if you rely solely on myGCSEscience. I'd pick up the official AQA revision guide if I was you and revise from that.

However, I think you'll be fine revising using a mix of myGCSEscience and past papers for P3. Personally, I think the myGCSEscience videos for P3 are very helpful, more so than in my revision guide.
Reply 1543
Original post by Joe7
He hasn't finished the C3 videos, so I think you'll struggle if you rely solely on myGCSEscience. I'd pick up the official AQA revision guide if I was you and revise from that.

However, I think you'll be fine revising using a mix of myGCSEscience and past papers for P3. Personally, I think the myGCSEscience videos for P3 are very helpful, more so than in my revision guide.

Ok I have the nelson thornes AQA endorsed guide so I shall use that for C3, it's just that I'm a visual learner and easily distracted :P

Thanks!
biology unit 3 grade boundaries people, well estimates...?
Hey guys, do you know what might come up for the six marker?
Reply 1546
For which exam, chemistry?
Original post by Captain Anonymous
biology unit 3 grade boundaries people, well estimates...?

As I said in the other thread, I think the A* boundary will be low 40's, probably around 42/60, and 100 UMS will be just over 50, around 51/60.
Original post by Joe7
As I said in the other thread, I think the A* boundary will be low 40's, probably around 42/60, and 100 UMS will be just over 50, around 51/60.

Would you say the same to Physics and Chemistry ? #

What would you say is a grade D ?
Would you say the same to Physics and Chemistry ? #

What would you say is a grade D ?

It's impossible to predict the grade boundaries before you've sat the exam. I've seen A* fluctuate all the way from 39/60 for an A* to 51/60.

On the Biology exam, for a grade D, I would predict you'll only need around 7 marks.
Why do you care so much about D and U grades :s-smilie:! Don't you think that 42 is really low...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1551
Has a thread been set up specifically for the P3 exam just yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Why do you care so much about D and U grades :s-smilie:! Don't you think that 42 is really low...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It must be the minimum they need to get an A. How did you find it bro?
Found it alright - should've been easy though :L I estimate that I got around 47-49 wbu bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joe7
It's impossible to predict the grade boundaries before you've sat the exam. I've seen A* fluctuate all the way from 39/60 for an A* to 51/60.

On the Biology exam, for a grade D, I would predict you'll only need around 7 marks.

that's a bit low ? I know its an estimate but I would think that a 51 UMS (D) will be 17/60 ? Is that a bit too high ? I'm sure that grade boundaries fluctuate but just like to know what grade I need to maintain my current mark based on the ISA/Unit One and Unit Two.
that's a bit low ? I know its an estimate but I would think that a 51 UMS (D) will be 17/60 ? Is that a bit too high ? I'm sure that grade boundaries fluctuate but just like to know what grade I need to maintain my current mark based on the ISA/Unit One and Unit Two.

Going by the D boundary on past papers, I've never seen it higher than 11 or lower than 5. Therefore, I think 7 is a reasonable estimate due to the fact that I think the exam will have pretty low grade boundaries.
Original post by Joe7
Going by the D boundary on past papers, I've never seen it higher than 11 or lower than 5. Therefore, I think 7 is a reasonable estimate due to the fact that I think the exam will have pretty low grade boundaries.

fair does pal, you might be wondering why is this person looking at D ? Well, it's simply because for just security weather or not I drop grades which will be disastrous. Cheers for your input mate, made me feel alot better than at 10:30 this morning . :smile: good luck in your results.
Reply 1557
Quick question about the actual exams guys:

Are we allowed to take in a highlighter and highlight key command words in the question?

http://poll.pollcode.com/le3rb ---> vote her for the b3 paper yesterday (difficulty so we can work out - good estimates for grade boundaries
Anyone know what the six mark question could be on? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending