The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick University - Engineering

I am planning to join Warwick in the autumn, and would just like to know how's the engineering course?

How are people finding it?

How's the university as a whole?

Any regrets?

Good/bad points about it?

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just started another thread on this because I didn't see yours! I'm going to be a fresher in September too! Which engineering have you applied for? I can't seem to find any other engineering applicants at all! I'm really excited, just got to get through these exams first! Have you firmed warwick? :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Same feeling here. Think all the current engineering students are swamped with exams
Reply 3
Yeah you are probably right! Are you going to be a fresher this year? Have you firmed Warwick? :smile:
Original post by Leniilou
Yeah you are probably right! Are you going to be a fresher this year? Have you firmed Warwick? :smile:

Yes I am! What about yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Perpetual_nomad
Yes I am! What about yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too, Civil Engineering! :smile: I'm really excited, just stressing about my exams now! How are yours going? :smile:
Yeah me too, Civil Engineering! :smile: I'm really excited, just stressing about my exams now! How are yours going? :smile:

Pfft... What are exams... Forgot already! Had a year of doing no stud what so ever!
Gap year student :wink:
Reply 7
Pfft... What are exams... Forgot already! Had a year of doing no stud what so ever!
Gap year student :wink:

Oh it's alright for some!! I've got 4 left, been up doing FP2 revision already. Kill me now! Haha!!
Oh it's alright for some!! I've got 4 left, been up doing FP2 revision already. Kill me now! Haha!!

Haha yeh. I had like 9 exams last June, even though it was horrible pressure... I kinda miss it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
i'm also starting this oct :smile:, i'm doing mechanical....can't wait.
Original post by silva01
i'm also starting this oct :smile:, i'm doing mechanical....can't wait.

Can't wait! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I look in the modules of what we will study during the first year, they are lots of things which I know and plenty other stuff which I do not know. Is it the same thing for you guys?

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/eng/study/ug/degrees/me/degstruct/year1mods/
Original post by Kristofferz
When I look in the modules of what we will study during the first year, they are lots of things which I know and plenty other stuff which I do not know. Is it the same thing for you guys?

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/eng/study/ug/degrees/me/degstruct/year1mods/

They're changing the whole of first year for engineering this coming year so all that won't be completely relevant!!

On a whole most of the stuff will still be there, just they're adding a lot more to it! Technological science will be virtually all still there (under a different name), but I'm not too certain about the rest!
Original post by kerribbz_x
They're changing the whole of first year for engineering this coming year so all that won't be completely relevant!!

On a whole most of the stuff will still be there, just they're adding a lot more to it! Technological science will be virtually all still there (under a different name), but I'm not too certain about the rest!

Adding stuff... I.e making things harder !
Heard that if you fail your retakes they will kick you out from school. Doesn't sound very friendly.

It might be a good thing that they are adding more things during the first year. First of all, your performence on the first year will not count on your degree. This might mean that it will be easier to tackle the other years..

Exactly what are they adding?
I'm not sure exactly to be honest what they're adding:s-smilie:

And if you fail your modules twice maybe it's not the best course for you! They are lenient so that if you fail one module, but get over 35% they won't make you resit it!
Original post by kerribbz_x
I'm not sure exactly to be honest what they're adding:s-smilie:

And if you fail your modules twice maybe it's not the best course for you! They are lenient so that if you fail one module, but get over 35% they won't make you resit it!

I'm sure we can all work hard together so that none of us come even close to failing :P
I'm sure we can all work hard together so that none of us come even close to failing :P

I'm up for that!!
So am I!

I am going to do an MEng so of course I will be working hard to get it.
I'm not sure exactly what the changes are (though rumours were abound), but if you're lucky you'll get some civil engineering in there (the dean was pushing for it last year) as otherwise, third year Civil becomes torturous.

First year will probably still have things that you've been taught before, most first years bring everybody up to speed and the same level as different students will have been taught different courses and to differing degrees.

Advice? First year isn't (wasn't) too difficult, take advantage of that to enjoy your time at Warwick, but keep in mind that its useful to know that stuff as the concepts underpin and feed into your other years...

Quick Reply

Latest