The Student Room Group

AQA AS level Product Design - 14th May Exam

Don't think there's a thread on this yet, General discussion

How do you all think you did in the exam?
Original post by Sherry95
Don't think there's a thread on this yet, General discussion

How do you all think you did in the exam?

i wont go as far to say it was an easy exam, but it was certainly a 'nice' one. I answered everything and knew pretty much all i need to know. but i froze at the first question haha. like what the hell is biopol. thought the first question is meant to be the easy one haha. anyone else find it okay?
Reply 2
Never even heard of the Biopol in the first question, even my teachers were unsure, and the exam was easier than the january paper but still dont know how well i did :/ :dontknow:
Reply 3
I managed to put down biodegradable polymer just because of the start of the word... luck I guess! but I agree it wasn't the hardest but not the easiest either. I didn't get what product could be made from it though :frown: What precaution did everyone write for the COSHH question?
Reply 4
damn i was stuck on 'biopol' too, for the soap dispenser question, my mate went to the toilet and looked at the triangle on it and it was ABS, i put HIPS :frown:
Reply 5
The biopol question through everyone in my group off, but yes it was biodegradable polymer, and you could put things such as food packaging because it was made from natural sources and was biodegradable. The coshh question was also tricky if you didn't read the question as I didn't as it asked for coshh disposable precautions rather than precautions when using these substances, and for the soap dispenser it didnt matter whether you said PP, HIPS, or ABS as all can be injection moulded and that was the key thing to pick up on, I think overall the paper was relatively easy to get a B, but an A is where it gets tricky, I think the boundaries for an A will be 55, B 48, C 42
Reply 6
I thought it was a very 'nice' paper, there wasn't really anything on joining which was helpful. The one part I messed up was the sink, which I put as spinning rather than press forming :/ Do you think I'll get any marks for that?
Reply 7
What substance did you all put for the COSHH question? something like Tensol? i put Aerosol Spray Glue? don't think id get the mark though.
Original post by Smudger710
What substance did you all put for the COSHH question? something like Tensol? i put Aerosol Spray Glue? don't think id get the mark though.

I put acrylic cement (tensol 12). yah i think you'd get the mark. what precaution did you put
Reply 9
Original post by Michael Hedaux
I put acrylic cement (tensol 12). yah i think you'd get the mark. what precaution did you put

I believe it was any solvent, was the question precautions when using or was it disposing? I don't think I read it properly
Reply 10

I put liquid cement too, I'm sure we'll get the mark... but I also put press forming for the washing basin, I think as long as the method is reasonably plausible then they won't disregard your answer and give you 0. Let's hope not anyway!
Original post by Sherry95
I put liquid cement too, I'm sure we'll get the mark... but I also put press forming for the washing basin, I think as long as the method is reasonably plausible then they won't disregard your answer and give you 0. Let's hope not anyway!

yah its really hard to know how well i done. lets hope and wait haha
Reply 12

For the precaution I put an agreed and controlled method/process of disposing the substance? I originally put Like extraction masks warn etc but crossed it out.. I dont think that question was very clear at all
Original post by Smudger710
For the precaution I put an agreed and controlled method/process of disposing the substance? I originally put Like extraction masks warn etc but crossed it out.. I dont think that question was very clear at all

I hopefully wrote about disposing the product but im not actually sure what they were asking for
Reply 14
Has anyone made a unofficial mark scheme for this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending