The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Reply 741
I SERIOUSLY need some help please!
How do I structure my poetry answer (on Thursday)? I know it's meant to be a comparison essay, but what do I compare?
Should it be like this:
Paragraph 1&2: comparing the structure of the 2 poems
Paragraphs 3&4: comparing language in the 2 poems
Paragraphs 5&6: comparing language/devices in the 2 poems

Or is it ok to compare the themes and attitudes in the 2 poems, like this:
Both poems focus on the futility of war. In poem 1 this is evident through the use of metaphors.... Examples, blah blah blah... On the other hand, poem 2 uses rhetorical questions to challenge the need for war... Examples, blah blah blah... Therefore both poems explore the futility of conflict, only through different techniques.

OR is either structure ok, as long as the points I make are good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 742
Original post by Blake-inator

Original post by ryanroks1

Original post by gloria0816

i think it will be conch/ralph/effect of beast

i have a few notes

ryan
Reply 743
When do you guys have your english Language exam? Gcse? edexcel? 20th or the 21st?
Aw I've got C2, C3 and English Lit all on Monday fml :frown:
Reply 745
I have my Lang on Monday and Lit on Tuesday for GCSE Edexcel.. Anyone having them in different dates than me?
If the AIC question is, as many are predicting, on Eric and it was something like "How do you respond to Eric? How does Priestley make you respond as you do by the way he writes?"

What would the main point of focus be:

- His problems - alcohol/aggression(acted in a threatening manner to Eva and his mother when he found out about her rejecting Eva at her charity)/stealing

- Poor relationship with parents - he accuses Mr Birling of not being "the kind of father a chap could go to when he's in trouble" and his distant relationship is shown by the fact that his parents did not know about his quite obvious alcohol problem.

- Responsibility - Eric is deeply affected by the news of Eva Smith, and like Sheila shows remorse and signs that he will change as a person for the better.

Can anyone think of any more key talking points about Eric to add? It will be a very useful exercise as much of the signs are pointing to a question based of Eric. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
Reply 747
''Discuss Steinbeck’s descriptions of the natural world. What role does nature play in the novella’s symbolism?''

I have mentioned,
- that the natural world acts as a representation of the duality of relationships: Lennie loves animals, but kills them. Candy loves his dog, but can’t stand up for it; and even Crooks tends to the horses that maimed him.
- The rabbits that sit like “gray, sculptured stones” hurry for cover at the sound of footsteps, hinting at the predatory world that will finally destroy Lennie and George’s dream.
- The dead mouse in Lennie’s pocket serves as a potent symbol of the end that awaits weak, unsuspecting creatures.
- Vivid colours - peaceful, heavenly, idyllic setting - like Garden of Eden.. description of the river place at the beginning of the book.
- end of book, the same place described as ‘a pleasant shade had fallen’ ‘the sun had left the valley’ ‘Rosy in the sun’ ‘The mountains seemed to blaze with increased brightness’ contrasting the initial description of the place. Scene is symbolic and portrays the predatory nature of evil in men and animals.

What else can i mention?
Reply 748
Original post by Jatz07
Wednesday 22nd in the morning... 1 day before Unit 4 lit exam... how's further maths coming along? When are your FM exams? :biggrin: Jatz

ive got FM on wednesday and friday...grrr the unit 1 exam is on birthday..why couldnt i have been born in july..grr

Original post by ThatGirlx

C2/3 ..maths ??

ryan
Reply 749
write something about the snake at the start of the novel... snake took the form of satan in eden..link to idyllic scenery in 1st capter??

ryan
Reply 750

omg. same I feel your pain! :frown: And I have P2, P3 and the second English lit on thursday. fml:frown:
Reply 751
Original post by msxo
Yeah, someone mentioned that they're likely to ask us a question about Nature in OMAM. In this case, I have no notes about Nature at all. Terrified :frown:

HAHAHAHA hAsSAaaAaa I'm going to make a fool of you

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App
Reply 752
Original post by N Kay
HAHAHAHA hAsSAaaAaa I'm going to make a fool of you

Do I know you..?
Reply 753
Original post by msxo
I have my Lang on Monday and Lit on Tuesday for GCSE Edexcel.. Anyone having them in different dates than me?

Why so many questions msxo?
Are you trying to.... God forsake... CHEAT?!?!?!

Reply 754
Since Gerald and inspector goole has came up already, if they really do ask a question about them would they be comparing them to another character? Or do you guys reckon they won't come up at all?
Does anyone know what is predicted to come up in the Inspector Calls, Of Mice and Men and Relationships cluster of the "Moons on the Tides" anthology?
Reply 756
Original post by msxo
Do I know you..?

I'm not sure... You tell me... 😼😏🐇🐩

Original post by ryanb97
i think it will be conch/ralph/effect of beast

i have a few notes

ryan

THANKS SO MUCH, you have saved me a lot of time! I feel so much more confident now, cheers!! :smile:
Reply 758
Does anyone know where I could find a list of essay questions and stuff for an inspector calls?

Omgg, so do I, I thought it was just me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending