The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kreayshawn
thanks that makes sense - mark scheme skipped putting "m" in either side of the equation so i was confused as to how they got there

Yeah what i tend to do with any question is to remember everything i know about the topic, so if i saw a question about a slope im almost certain i have to use mgsintheta and if an angle is involved it gives a hint, although that question was quite difficult to know what you had to do.
Reply 141
Original post by yodawg321
I've been revising almost daily for this exam. Why can't I revise today?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? Help someone

I've been revising all day today too:/ I feel like nothing's gone in!
Don't feel prepared for tomorrow at all :s-smilie:
Reply 142
Does anyone know where I can find the Jan 2013 paper? I can't seem to find it anywhere :/
I found it kinda hard when we had it as a mock... want to do it again but it's not on the ocr website or anything...
Original post by RafJav
Does anyone know where I can find the Jan 2013 paper? I can't seem to find it anywhere :/
I found it kinda hard when we had it as a mock... want to do it again but it's not on the ocr website or anything...

it's on the first page
Reply 144
Original post by RafJav

Here you go! :smile: I hope it's attached right..
Reply 145
so I have been revising for the past 3 hours, managed to finish module 3(if you familiar with syllabus).

I thought it would be the hardest since I did bad in this module in Jan, however, I find it quite easy now :s-smilie:

Now I am working my way through past paper question for this module, and I am finding them rather easy.

Hopefully I will be able to cover Module 2 along with the questions before the day finishes, leaving only module one.

If you did this Jan I advice you focus on the later chapters first working your way down.

the only part I am a bit apprehensive about i the car safety questions.
Original post by dakenSoren
Things that shouldn't come up as long questions would be Galileo's experiment / Aristotle's beliefs and trilateration.
Judging from Jan 13 paper

I hope that to be true. Although since doing the Jan exam, that's all I seem to know now!
Reply 147
Original post by Liberty.
I hope that to be true. Although since doing the Jan exam, that's all I seem to know now!

what sort of question do you reckon will take their place, I hope the Young modulus experiment questions comes up, I revised for it :s-smilie:

but I can't think of any other question they could ask as a long question.
Original post by Joseph-
here you go bitchess

Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 149
Original post by Joseph-
here you go bitchess

got a corresponding markscheme for them by any chances?
Original post by Baraf
what sort of question do you reckon will take their place, I hope the Young modulus experiment questions comes up, I revised for it :s-smilie:

but I can't think of any other question they could ask as a long question.

Constantly appearing questions:
Units (matching/stating)
Scalar & Vector definitions
Free Fall scenarios
Suvat
F=ma style
Velocity-Time Graphs

Due to appear:
More car safety (calculations/definitions/explanations)
Longer Youngs Modulus questions
Probably Energy efficiency
Vector triangles, resultants

To be fair, Physics seems to be the most spread exam compared to the other sciences.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was Trilateration again, and Gallelio (hopefully with less mention of the other guy).
Reply 151
Original post by _hail
Here you go! :smile: I hope it's attached right..

Thanks a bunch! :biggrin:
Reply 152
Anyone know where I can find a crumple zones question on a past paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
someone post up all the units for different types of forces, e.g. young modulus, spring constants, pressure, etc...

and all the equations we need to know!
Reply 154
Can anyone explain what is meant by the spring constant?

I understand F/x = k where k is the spring constant, and i also understand that k represents the gradient, but i don't know how to explain what is meant by it? can anyone help?
Reply 155
Original post by Guy96
Anyone know where I can find a crumple zones question on a past paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done all of the past papers and I can't recall coming across a question do with with crumple zones...they mainly focus on seat belts and air bags...
Reply 156
This is my hooke's law notes, I have notes on every topic with model answers let me know if you want me to upload them, and which one !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by zcanf
Can anyone explain what is meant by the spring constant?

I understand F/x = k where k is the spring constant, and i also understand that k represents the gradient, but i don't know how to explain what is meant by it? can anyone help?

K is the stiffness of the spring; the stiffer the spring the larger the value for k
Reply 158
Original post by Guy96
This is my hooke's law notes, I have notes on every topic with model answers let me know if you want me to upload them, and which one !

Posted from TSR Mobile

do we have to know about 2 springs? is that in the ocr book?
Reply 159
is this a morning exam or an afternoon exam?!

Latest

Trending

Trending