The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D Singh
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like?

About 48 out of 68 for an a*
Original post by Farhan96
About 48 out of 68 for an a*

That's what it is normally. I think it will be slightly higher seeing as predictions on TSR were correct and most people would have followed them
Reply 1642
Original post by USERNAME.RR
Did you choose the slim question? What did you write about?

there are only one of mice and men question! you had to answer both part a and part b...but don't worry the examiners are encouraged to give you marks if you answered part in b in part a and vice versa :smile:
Reply 1643
They could be higher this year, I think everyone was quite certain Slim would come up.

Saying that, Curleys wife was predicted to come up last year and is quite an easy to go up. I say it'll be around 53/68 for an A* max.

Someone outside the exam said to me ''Who even is Slim'' I felt for that person when I opened the exam paper.
(edited 10 years ago)
I found the OMAM section fairly easy, but I didn't finish the AIC question on Eric! Don't think I was analytical enough :frown: I think I did enough for an A, but I really want an A*...
Reply 1645
Original post by IHTWFR
That's what it is normally. I think it will be slightly higher seeing as predictions on TSR were correct and most people would have followed them

Do they do that if people have predicted correctly? :frown: surely it's not fair on those who havn't been a part of the predicting
I did the Eric question, the other one seemed tricky to me and didn't seem like there was a lot to write! OMAM was good though, although i rushed the last bit
Original post by Jack59
They could be higher this year, I think everyone was quite certain Slim would come up.

Saying that, Curleys wife was predicted to come up last year and is quite an easy to go up. I say it'll be around 53/68 for an A* max.

Someone outside the exam said to me ''Who even is Slim'' I felt for that person when I opened the exam paper.

Dejavu! On the way to the exam, I told my best friend Slim might come up and she said "who's slim?" and I tried explaining it to her but she insisted Slim was Candy. I felt for her when I opened the exam paper.
Original post by D Singh
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like?

Here are the grade boundaries from the past years from the AQA website- :smile:

Spoiler

So for an A*, I would say about 49 marks but no higher than 52 marks, if we follow the trend... :wink:
Original post by IHTWFR

But there are loads of different books people study and so a few good predictions here and there doesn't really push the grade boundaries for the whole paper up by that much. Plus not everyone is on TSR and imagine how many people predicted Crooks in January yet it didn't make that much of a difference.
Reply 1650
Original post by cxhay
Do they do that if people have predicted correctly? :frown: surely it's not fair on those who havn't been a part of the predicting

No, they take into account averages. You would expect the average to be higher if a lot more predicted Slim would come up and revised him.

Saying that, many people believed Curleys wife would come up last year. She did. It was 49/68 for an A*
Original post by IHTWFR
Dejavu! On the way to the exam, I told my best friend Slim might come up and she said "who's slim?" and I tried explaining it to her but she insisted Slim was Candy. I felt for her when I opened the exam paper.

Same here- I was also telling a friend outside the exam that Slim or Curley could come up and he was telling me that he had not revised either of those characters, but had done so for everything else...although I tried to give him some interpretations just in case it came up and hopefully he remembered to write them down :redface:
How did you find TKAM? I found it pretty complicated to be honest!
Original post by rosie_pops

Yeah! It was very vague, and the passage Q was very confusing.... Wasn't much analysis
Reply 1654
How many pages did everyone manage to do?
Reply 1655

same, I didn't really know what to write about it!! and as I spent too much time on Section A, Section B was such a rush....

at least question 3 for Lord of the Flies was straightforward :smile:
Reply 1656
Original post by haqi2

I wrote around 4 sides, maybe slightly more?
Original post by haqi2

About 4-5... don't think I wrote enough
i wrote 7 pages both questions together, but i have massive handwriting

Really? I found it quite straightforward, and because there weren't a lot to analyse, it was easy to find good points about it. The (b) was really simple about racism

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending