The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LittleMissVintage
Do you not think I could get like half marks or something because I only technically answered half the question?

Doubt they would be that harsh - don't worry, you can't change it now anyway :smile:

May I ask, why didn't you answer it? Timing or forgot?
Original post by LittleMissVintage
Please could somebody help me and answer this - I'm really upset:/
I answered the question on 'An Inspector Calls' and I answered a question on a character called Eric. However the question was along the lines of Eric is described as 'half-shy, half-assertive and a little unsure of himself'
Explain how this and other ideas in the play are used to present Priestley's ideas about Eric,
and I wrote a really good essay, but I didn't mention the quotation given:/ is this going to affect my marks as it counts as not directly answering the question? Is a C the most I can now get on this section?
Please could somebody respond to this as soon as possible:frown:

You are fine, as long as you answered the question!
Reply 2082
Original post by lolface32
40/40 :cool:

That is so good, only got 36/40
Original post by Olympiad
Doubt they would be that harsh - don't worry, you can't change it now anyway :smile:

May I ask, why didn't you answer it? Timing or forgot?

I honestly don't know:/ I'd just seen practice questions where it gave a quote, and then said like how does Priestley present this character - but didn't say to talk about the quote they'd given. So I guess I just panicked and ran off just talking about Eric in general. I did use 'slightly unsure' to describe Eric at the end but I doubt that'll count for anything:/
Original post by nnf

Nothing special :colondollar: Just good at making stuff up :rolleyes:. Besides, 36/40 is still an A*
Original post by nnf

If you're talking about the controlled assessment, I only had 33/40 :colonhash:
Original post by hebburn97
Anyone do 'The Crucible' exam today? John and Elizabeth Proctor?

Their changing relationship? yes i did that :wink:
Original post by hebburn97
Anyone do 'The Crucible' exam today? John and Elizabeth Proctor?

Me! Me! I did! :woo:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hey guys can someone explain to me how you analyse a poem's FORM in the comparison question and the Unseen Poetry? I know it's the type of poem such as a narrative or a sonnet, but how would you use these details to make a point? HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED :smile:

PLEASE can someone answer this? :redface: Pretty please with that ever-so-cliché cherry on top?
Reply 2089
I have my lit tomorrow. anyone know what could come up about of mice and men or a view from the bridge?
PLEASE can someone answer this? :redface: Pretty please with that ever-so-cliché cherry on top?

If your doing relationships , i guess In Paris With You is your fravorite then :wink:
Original post by msxo
I have my lit tomorrow. anyone know what could come up about of mice and men or a view from the bridge?

This is for AQA - have a look at the forum for your board :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh, the form may create a rhythmic beat, one of the examples. You could say that, assuming you are doing relationships, the poet expects us to understand the poets love through the way we understand music?
Reply 2093
kj
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lolface32
Meh, the form may create a rhythmic beat, one of the examples. You could say that, assuming you are doing relationships, the poet expects us to understand the poets love through the way we understand music?

Oh ok, thanks, though I'm doing Character and voice :tongue:
what did A-A* candidates write about Eric in "An Inspector Calls"
Original post by goldfish21
If your doing relationships , i guess In Paris With You is your fravorite then :wink:

I'm actually doing Character and Voice :tongue: :smile:
Does anyone have advice about how to prepare for the unseen poem question poem? :confused: Also, does anyone have any good points for Of Mice And Men? I got a B in Of Mice And Men last time and I don't want to do it again. :s-smilie:
Reply 2098
Can someone give me some exam style questions for Out of the blue and Come on come back?
Thanks
Original post by weasdown
Does anyone have advice about how to prepare for the unseen poem question poem? :confused: Also, does anyone have any good points for Of Mice And Men? I got a B in Of Mice And Men last time and I don't want to do it again. :s-smilie:

AQA's exam which included Mice and men has been and gone today! So i'm assuming your with another board i.e Edexcel , and so suggest you find another forum which would be more relevant to your enquiry. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending