The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 2 May 21st 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Ellsxo
OMG I got this too!! But I think I forgot to subtract from 1.. so I have no idea!

You should get all but one marks for the working out then, but it would probably affect the way you answered the next bit...not sure if they'll give you follow through marks or not, but hopefully they will :smile:
Reply 261
Oh my first post didn't send, I got 0.740 and so did almost everyone in my class, including the guy who forgot to bring a calculator and did it in his head >.< but also the maths buffs at this Maths and Science school, so I'm pretty sure it was that
I got 0.740 rounded to 3dp! What did everyone draw for the graph?
shout out to everyone that forgot the "1 - " part of spearman's rank
Reply 264
Original post by katiemurrall
I got 0.740 rounded to 3dp! What did everyone draw for the graph?

Scatter graph, but someone said they did a compound bar graph?? :eek: You?
Reply 265
Original post by alice.o123
shout out to everyone that forgot the "1 - " part of spearman's rank

It's such an easy mistake to make :-(
Original post by Edevane

I did a scatter graph too and somebody else did a compound bar graph in my class! Hmmmm!
Reply 267
Original post by Edevane

I did a compound graph..
Original post by Edevane
It's such an easy mistake to make :-(

tell me about it :frown:(( literally kicking myself, i mean all the table and working was technically right up to the 1- part, but the following question on significance will be wrong. but could they do error carried forward if we applied the critical values for significance right for our value, still shows that we understand the technique, not sure though :/
Oh and the written significance question??
Reply 270
Original post by Ellsxo
I did a compound graph..

I did too!
Reply 271
I did a scatter graph too and somebody else did a compound bar graph in my class! Hmmmm!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm sure it was ok...it just seemed like the obvious choice :-\

Original post by Ellsxo
I did a compound graph..

This may sound dim but..what's a compound graph?
Original post by Ellsxo
I did a compound graph..

i was going to do a compound bar chart at first, then i decided on a comparative bar chart, like smaller bars side by side?
Reply 273
Original post by Edevane
Oh my first post didn't send, I got 0.740 and so did almost everyone in my class, including the guy who forgot to bring a calculator and did it in his head >.< but also the maths buffs at this Maths and Science school, so I'm pretty sure it was that

I completely forgot to round up so put 0.739 ... is there any chance i could still get the marks?
Original post by abcev
I completely forgot to round up so put 0.739 ... is there any chance i could still get the marks?

You'll probably just miss out on the last mark, but everything up to that, youll get!
Reply 275
Original post by abcev

Again, you should only miss one mark, I'm assuming there will be one mark for the 1- and one mark for correct rounding so as long as your working was correct and you only made one of those mistakes, you should only be docked one mark
Reply 276
Original post by alice.o123
tell me about it :frown:(( literally kicking myself, i mean all the table and working was technically right up to the 1- part, but the following question on significance will be wrong. but could they do error carried forward if we applied the critical values for significance right for our value, still shows that we understand the technique, not sure though :/

They really should give follow through or error carried forward marks...it's be really harsh if they don't because the question was about applying significance, not about the data.
Reply 277
Original post by Edevane
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm sure it was ok...it just seemed like the obvious choice :-\

This may sound dim but..what's a compound graph?

Uhm I drew a bar for death rate and then on top of it I did the birth rate.. and then did this for every country. I dunno I saw it in a past paper..
Original post by daniel1005
0.740 ????

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Omg I'm so annoyed I forgot to do the 1 - too :mad: :mad: :mad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 279
You'll probably just miss out on the last mark, but everything up to that, youll get!

Original post by Edevane
Again, you should only miss one mark, I'm assuming there will be one mark for the 1- and one mark for correct rounding so as long as your working was correct and you only made one of those mistakes, you should only be docked one mark

ahh ok, thats not too bad then..thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending