The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Economics - F585 Global Economy - Case Study Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11nrai23
The Maastricht criteria is for admission for the eurozone, the ERMII is apart of the criteria

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have found another page which goes wi what you said earlier - it's a terrible website. I think you're right :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 281
Original post by Hunarench95
I've just been on the EU's website ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369514697.280889.jpg and it says that membership of the EU is dependant on adhering to the aims economic and monetary union.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369514817.759865.jpg

And then the economic and monetary union includes the Maastricht treaty..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Maastricht criteria is for the admission in the eurozone which any EU member can join the single market if they fulfil the criteria like stable currency in the ERMII etc. It says in the case study in extract 1 that Greece failed to meet the criteria however Greece is already a EU member. It's for economies wanting to enter the single market which is the euro (eurozone). Re read extract 1 especially the last sentence, it is a bit confusing at first. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Original post by Hunarench95
I have found another page which goes wi what you said earlier - it's a terrible website. I think you're right :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh just saw your reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh just saw your reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thankyou - those cheeky Europeans :wink:
Anyone got some ideas on some national policies that could be implemented to reduce income inequality in Estonia?
Reply 285
Original post by zubhav
Anyone got some ideas on some national policies that could be implemented to reduce income inequality in Estonia?

That actually made me think and I googled it, there was this website called economics help that came up with policies like welfare benefits, higher pensions, progressive income taxes and minimum wages :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That actually made me think and I googled it, there was this website called economics help that came up with policies like welfare benefits, higher pensions, progressive income taxes and minimum wages :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funnily enough, I landed on the same website earlier (after I posted this). I read stuff like benefits and I was like duh! haha

Thanks anyways
anyone else feeling like this will be there worst exam?
Reply 288
for a sustainable development essay, if you have talked about progressive tax systems and welfare benefits etc, and pros and cons, what would you use for a conclusion? please help?!?!:confused:
Original post by oeh
for a sustainable development essay, if you have talked about progressive tax systems and welfare benefits etc, and pros and cons, what would you use for a conclusion? please help?!?!:confused:

it would depend on the question I guess, I've always found rewording the question in the conclusion helps answer it properly :smile:
E.g q) discuss the extent to which Estonia are reaching their goals for sustainable development, a conclusion could be .... As disgussed, Estonia are clearly behind the rest of the eu and their aim to be in the top 5 economies, but the future looks prosperous with their balanced budget, lack of debt and stong forcasted growth. To conclude, at the current time the extent to which Estonia are achieving their goals is pretty low, however their goal is for 5-10 years in the future in which there is likely to be a much higher extent to achieving these goals?!?
got me 93 ums points in work and leisure tho I'm finding this module a lot lot harder to wrap it all up :/
Original post by oeh
Does anybody have an essay structure for if the 20marker is on sustainable development?:confused:

I would also love to know this. I have no idea how to structure any of the essays for this exam - can anyone help? :confused:
Original post by physicso
I would also love to know this. I have no idea how to structure any of the essays for this exam - can anyone help? :confused:

I did this exam in january and I got 16 marks for the 20 marker after receiving my paper back, I used the same structure I used for the first two exams (F581/2) but you need to write a LOT more, the conclusion should also be longer. I think you should concentrate on the 'comment on' questions, those ones are where most people lose the most marks because they're more fixated on the last essay question, they're worth 10 marks too, which is a lot! I hope this was helpful! (:
Original post by zubhav

benefits, subsidies (for domestic/household goods in lower income households, tax (taxes like the 50p tax rate we had here a while back, bursaries, funding etc
Reply 293

In my essay structure, I would have definitions of key economic terms my introduction then you are ticking the ao1. Then I would analyse the benefits and drawbacks as the main body by including graphs and including information from the case study. Then you are ticking the ao2 and ao3. As my conclusion I would comment the analysis and include the factors that is would depend on. Then you would tick the ao4. Be aware that in the 20 marker, there are at least 10 marks for evaluating that's including. My main tip would be if you have a look at all the mark schemes and that the examiners look for in the essays :smile: I hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
cant believe this exam is a week tomorrow haha

if you have a question like describe 2 benefits of monetary convergence could you use the benefits of being in a monetary union eg price transparency, more certainty for businesses etc
Original post by indyb16
cant believe this exam is a week tomorrow haha

if you have a question like describe 2 benefits of monetary convergence could you use the benefits of being in a monetary union eg price transparency, more certainty for businesses etc

analyse 2 reasons which may acount for Estonia strong recovery from recession (6)
Reply 296
Original post by king101
Sure I'll PM it you when I get it schools defo buying it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my XT615

hey please could you send me it too because our never brought it & i really cannot learn everything by next week
Reply 297
Original post by physicshelp123
analyse 2 reasons which may acount for Estonia strong recovery from recession (6)

idk how to answer that one either paha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicshelp123

Could you use the fact their previous fiscal austerity measures implemented during the time of recession helped a strong recovery and overcoming a large budget deficit wasn't an immediate obstacle, allowing the government to focus on implementing policies to promote economic growth?

Then for my second reason probably estonia's strong ability to attract fdi due to low unit labour costs an a 0% tax on re-invested help promote growth
Could you use the fact their previous fiscal austerity measures implemented during the time of recession helped a strong recovery and overcoming a large budget deficit wasn't an immediate obstacle, allowing the government to focus on implementing policies to promote economic growth?

Then for my second reason probably estonia's strong ability to attract fdi due to low unit labour costs an a 0% tax on re-invested help promote growth

Both sound like decent points :smile: also could mention the inflation drop of 12%~0.2% which would hugely increase intention competitiveness which will raise we ports hence raising growth, as mentioned in the bit bellow the inflation graph :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending