AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by huma95
Now here is the eating behaviour essay plans for this unit ; hope it helps :/
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369758377.788436.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369758419.968455.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369758483.517343.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369758507.201672.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1369758537.704636.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369758576.150952.jpg

And I'm sorry for my terrible handwriting I tried to make sure it's clear enough in the pictures!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for these :smile: have you got any aggression ones?
Reply 161
Yeah I do and would post them some time tomorrow (: good luck revising anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by huma95
Yeah I do and would post them some time tomorrow (: good luck revising anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! same to you :smile:
For unit 3, how many sides of A4 are the essays meant to be? I can only write 2 sides in half an hour.
Reply 164
Original post by newcastle123
For unit 3, how many sides of A4 are the essays meant to be? I can only write 2 sides in half an hour.

I have been doing 2-2 and a half but I am a fast writer. 2 pages sounds enough as long as you have put enough good IDA points in and extended A02 to get the marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lalison94
I have been doing 2-2 and a half but I am a fast writer. 2 pages sounds enough as long as you have put enough good IDA points in and extended A02 to get the marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.
Reply 166
Hey will someone take a look at my essay and tell me what they think i can improve on/general opinion. Im learning from home and so i have no teacher to mark them for me. Thanks :smile: x
Original post by eelnais
Doing PSYA4: Schizophrenia, Media and Research Methods. :smile:

Aiming for an A*...what is really annoying is that to get an A* I need to get an A*, but to get an A I need a low E. :s A LEVEL LOGIC!

I really need some advice on how to go about getting A*'s in PSYA3 and PSYA4? Any tips. I would be really greatful!
Reply 168
Hey will someone take a look at my essay and tell me what they think i can improve on/general opinion. Im learning from home and so i have no teacher to mark them for me. Thanks :smile: x

Hi that was a really good essay - I would give you:
A01 = 7
A02 - 14

So 21/24
:borat:

The reason you didn't get full marks was because in an exam you wouldn't be able to label your paragraphs, so your sentence openers need to be made clearer - whether an A02 point or IDA point. Try starting IDA points with for example "A criticism of this theory/study is.......because......(supporting research).... :biggrin:
Refer to gender bias, reductionist, determinism, reliability when making IDA points and make sure you have a least four clear points.
Other than that it was really good, and I hope you have time to write that much in the exam, because I definitely ran out of time in January :smile:
Oh and my teacher taught me to do this in paragraphs:
Point
Evidence
Explain
:rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 169
Original post by bluedate
Hi that was a really good essay - I would give you:
A01 = 7
A02 - 14

So 21/24
:borat:

The reason you didn't get full marks was because in an exam you wouldn't be able to label your paragraphs, so your sentence openers need to be made clearer - whether an A02 point or IDA point. Try starting IDA points with for example "A criticism of this theory/study is.......because......(supporting research).... :biggrin:
Refer to gender bias, reductionist, determinism, reliability when making IDA points and make sure you have a least four clear points.
Other than that it was really good, and I hope you have time to write that much in the exam, because I definitely ran out of time in January :smile:
Oh and my teacher taught me to do this in paragraphs:
Point
Evidence
Explain
:rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback! :smile: Will take on board what you said. And I think I will have time, psya3 is 1 hour an 50 for me because I get 25% extra time (thank god! )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Is anyone doing Addiction as a topic and how did they revise for it? Im at a complete stand still. Cant find a way to revise it
Reply 171
Thanks for the feedback! :smile: Will take on board what you said. And I think I will have time, psya3 is 1 hour an 50 for me because I get 25% extra time (thank god! )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky :smile: You will definitely ace this exam then, really good essay
Any predictions for what might come up in schizophrenia and media?
Original post by Study33
Is anyone doing Addiction as a topic and how did they revise for it? Im at a complete stand still. Cant find a way to revise it

Haven't really started as I have a whole week for one exam, but I'm intending on doing flash cards for each of the initiation, maintence, relapse etc so about 18 in total - I'm also going to do all the past papers as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Aggression, Relationships and Gender... scared for Monday, eek! :smile:
Reply 175
I'm doing the unit 4 exam and I'm struggling to work out exactly what topics I need to cover for Anomalistic Psychology. The specification has apparently changed but I don't know whether that applies to me or not, since I started the A level course in 2011.
Also apparently we can get an essay question for Anomalistic/Media/Addiction, is this true?
Any ideas?? Thanks!! :smile:
I'm doing PSYA3 next Monday. The topics I'm doing are Relationships, Aggression and Eating Disorders (Anorexia). I've done all my notes just need to read them but I have an RE exam this Thursday which is limiting my revision at the moment for Psychology. I got 74 UMS in Unit 1 (B), 80 UMS in Unit 2 (A) and 68 UMS in Unit 4 (C). So I need 58 UMS in Unit 3 (D) to get a B overall which is what I want. Is Unit 3 easier than Unit 4? I really need to get revising but this RE exam is annoying me so I'm just wondering is getting a D or 58 UMS in PSYA3 easy? Thanks
Reply 177
Original post by oconnell95
I'm doing PSYA3 next Monday. The topics I'm doing are Relationships, Aggression and Eating Disorders (Anorexia). I've done all my notes just need to read them but I have an RE exam this Thursday which is limiting my revision at the moment for Psychology. I got 74 UMS in Unit 1 (B), 80 UMS in Unit 2 (A) and 68 UMS in Unit 4 (C). So I need 58 UMS in Unit 3 (D) to get a B overall which is what I want. Is Unit 3 easier than Unit 4? I really need to get revising but this RE exam is annoying me so I'm just wondering is getting a D or 58 UMS in PSYA3 easy? Thanks

Just really a lot of content. I'm only a third of the way through the module. Can't wait until monday afternoon is over.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 178
Currently revising eating behaviour. Anyone know whats more likely to come up? is psya4 as bad content wise? I'll only have a week to learn it all. Depression addiction and research methods.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by oconnell95

Woo I am doing those topics for PSYA3 on Monday! I need 86/100 for an A* which is quite scary since I'm not brilliant at essays haha which text book do you use to revise from? I personally preferred unit 4 just because of the essays in this one :frown: in previous exams 58 ums is usually around 31 marks out of 72 which is nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending