Who are the big names in Recruitment Consultancy and who does graduate schemes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ReggaeRich
By far the best are:
- Daniel Williams Consultancy (DWC)
- Ashwood Associates
- Michael Page
- Pursuit NHA

All of these are really solid professional outfits with very capable and talented people. Michael Page and DWC have some egotistical careerists working for them, but hey, you may be an egotistical careerist so they will be perfect for you! I wholeheartedly endorse Ashwood and Pursuit NHA. Both fabulous companies.

Then there's the rest:

Churchill
Seven
Handle
NymanWhitfield
Veritas
AshfordKnight
Gove Resourcing
Jigsaw
Riled
Vertex
DRNewitt
BMS - Cowboys. Stay well clear.

Good luck!

Some of those aren't listed on the rec.uk directory of members do you know why? Is there a website where I can find a list of all recruitment consultancies in London?
Also when I search the top four companies on indeed only michael page comes up with recruitment consultant jobs? Thanks
I have never heard of most of them, apart from Michael Page. A huge listed company that will make you work long hours and monitor every activity under the sun. Not my cup of tea.

The others all seem small (looked on linked in) 11-50 employees, where is the career path at Ashwood if the founder still at the top 30 years later? Although it is good to be in business that long but why aren't they bigger? Daniel Williams is owned by a private equity firm, working for someone that wants 600% return on investment will see the squeeze on everyone when revenues need to go up. Pursuit NHA have 12 employees on Linked in. How much time for training and development does a 12 person outfit have? I don't know these companies so I am just going off information available online.

I would personally focus on mid sized companies that offer good training, the opportunity to stand out but in a mature environment
Hi, Has anyone heard of Huxley Associates??My friend is joining them in a couple of weeks and moving towns to work for them. I'm not sure about the role but they are convinced they will make a fortune doing the job. They are going to work in logistics and supply chain. My concern is that while they wait to hit the big time they will earn just enough to have a place to live and eat but not have a social life or any life at all- trust me not much left after the basic salary. Do you really earn the big money they say in the adverts? My other concern is the high staff turnover you read about. Is it really a case of business in our your out & how quick - they are giving up a good salary for this move (convinced about the bigger pay at the end). Sorry its all in one but I can't seem to move down the page :confused: Thanks in advance - recruiter2005 you obviously know your industry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by smiling through
Hi, Has anyone heard of Huxley Associates??My friend is joining them in a couple of weeks and moving towns to work for them. I'm not sure about the role but they are convinced they will make a fortune doing the job. They are going to work in logistics and supply chain. My concern is that while they wait to hit the big time they will earn just enough to have a place to live and eat but not have a social life or any life at all- trust me not much left after the basic salary. Do you really earn the big money they say in the adverts? My other concern is the high staff turnover you read about. Is it really a case of business in our your out & how quick - they are giving up a good salary for this move (convinced about the bigger pay at the end). Sorry its all in one but I can't seem to move down the page :confused: Thanks in advance - recruiter2005 you obviously know your industry.

They are part of sthree group, so quite big

S3 Group have high turnover of grads, a good training scheme (1 week intensive in a hotel they used to do) and they will expect you to work hard - for instance - 3 hours a day on the phone, no excuses, certain number of calls etc again.. no excuses. Now that might not sound great but you need to work hard to generate the business. usually people work out well if they 'need' to make it work. S3 will teach that hard work makes results, I personally don't enjoy the working environment so left to work in better environments but took their work ethic with me and have never looked back - (knowledge - previous S3 employee)

There are some people that make fantastic money at S3 but for every one there are probably 30 that don't make the grade.

Recruitment can be a great career and very enjoyable one, I for one really like it. You need to work smart, hard and be prepared to take a lot of no's in life but that's life in sales but the fun and monetary rewards are also great.

I'm hesitant too give names of companies as it all depends on the people you work for in those businesses and I'm sure there are plenty of good ones that I don't know about so my opinions are formed from interviewing competitors, my own experience, a family member has also worked in recruitment for 10 years.
I wouldn't pay attention to best recruitment companies to work for lists as hear lots of rumors about underhand tactics going on...
Meet as many people as possible and ask questions.. for instance about training / development, I always get a couple of people that have been in the job for under 12months as they give the best example of what its like to work here.

Hope this helps
Thank you Recruiter2005 that about sums up most of the things I have read, though it is hard to find anything on S3 which I was taking as good sign. I'm sure there are lots of people happy in their jobs as a recruitment consultant but it is amazing how many people you find that say they have done less than 12 months in the role, hated every minute and would never do it again. Would you say it is a concern if the office they are moving to has already advertised for 1 trainee & a number of experienced consultants SINCE my friend took the role only 4 weeks ago. To me something isn't right if they are recruiting at that level. Then again maybe I have just been lucky to be in a company where turnover is low as in general most people stay. Anyway they start the new role soon. I will keep the forum informed of how it goes. I just hope it goes as well as my friend hopes it does. Thanks again.
Reply 26
Thank you Recruiter2005 that about sums up most of the things I have read, though it is hard to find anything on S3 which I was taking as good sign. I'm sure there are lots of people happy in their jobs as a recruitment consultant but it is amazing how many people you find that say they have done less than 12 months in the role, hated every minute and would never do it again. Would you say it is a concern if the office they are moving to has already advertised for 1 trainee & a number of experienced consultants SINCE my friend took the role only 4 weeks ago. To me something isn't right if they are recruiting at that level. Then again maybe I have just been lucky to be in a company where turnover is low as in general most people stay. Anyway they start the new role soon. I will keep the forum informed of how it goes. I just hope it goes as well as my friend hopes it does. Thanks again.

I think most firms do that. Aston Carter, huntress, morgan McKinley
If anyone needs any advice regarding becoming a recruitment consultant feel free to PM me. The advice you have received from Recruiter2005 is excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest