The Student Room Group

Applying for new grad scheme- already in grad job?????

Hi,
I graduated this summer. Since May, I was only focused on doing recruitment. I landed a job and started in September. But now, I am finding out about much better graduate schemes such as consulting and project management. On my resume, I have called myself an associate consultant. Will I still be able to apply for grad schemes with this experience????

It's good because a lot of the work experience is transferable and I work in renewable energy which is in demand. But I'm not sure if hiring managers will think I can't apply??? PLEASE does anybody have advice.
Original post by samirash1305
Hi,
I graduated this summer. Since May, I was only focused on doing recruitment. I landed a job and started in September. But now, I am finding out about much better graduate schemes such as consulting and project management. On my resume, I have called myself an associate consultant. Will I still be able to apply for grad schemes with this experience????

It's good because a lot of the work experience is transferable and I work in renewable energy which is in demand. But I'm not sure if hiring managers will think I can't apply??? PLEASE does anybody have advice.

Graduate schemes are typically open to those who are either still studying (typically in their final year of their degree) or recent graduates (not always clearly defined but a year or two of work experience probably won't be an issue), so yes you will probably be able to apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending