The Student Room Group

Interview wiith Specsavers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ammy97
Hello,

It will probably vary from store to store, I have been working at Specsavers for about 3 weeks now (I work on Saturdays).

When I had my interview I was asked what I knew about the company and why I wanted the job. I also was asked to tell them a bit about myself and just general things like what A levels I am doing. Do not be nervous - you will be fine!! Good luck

Thanks for reply :smile: it helped! Interview went well- I'm normally get really nervous but I felt comfortable and I think I answered the questions well!

There seems to be loads of room for progression which sounds great to me and I really hope I get the job- I should find out by next week and although I feel confident that the interview went well. Loads of people have applied and he has been interviewing loads all week so all depends on the others I guess!
Reply 21
Original post by bellyboo
Thanks for reply :smile: it helped! Interview went well- I'm normally get really nervous but I felt comfortable and I think I answered the questions well!

There seems to be loads of room for progression which sounds great to me and I really hope I get the job- I should find out by next week and although I feel confident that the interview went well. Loads of people have applied and he has been interviewing loads all week so all depends on the others I guess!

Glad to hear it went well! Yeah, lots of room to progress and (in my store at least) there is always chances to do extra days. Good luck, I thought the chances of me getting it were very slim - lots of people also applied, but I guess I got lucky :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Ammy97
Glad to hear it went well! Yeah, lots of room to progress and (in my store at least) there is always chances to do extra days. Good luck, I thought the chances of me getting it were very slim - lots of people also applied, but I guess I got lucky :wink:

Yeah so many people apply for jobs these days- so you did very well :smile:! And the position I applied for is full time lol so I will probably avoid the extra days if I get the job lol x
Reply 23
Yeah so many people apply for jobs these days- so you did very well :smile:! And the position I applied for is full time lol so I will probably avoid the extra days if I get the job lol x

Thank you! Yeah good idea lol, let me know if you get the job! X
Reply 24
Original post by Ammy97
Thank you! Yeah good idea lol, let me know if you get the job! X

Sadly I didn't get the job :frown: he called me to say he was impressed and I had just missed out... he is going to keep my CV on record and he has passed it on to his sister company( another store)..

mmm to be honest I've heard all this from a company before so I wont wait around..
Reply 25
Sadly I didn't get the job :frown: he called me to say he was impressed and I had just missed out... he is going to keep my CV on record and he has passed it on to his sister company( another store)..

mmm to be honest I've heard all this from a company before so I wont wait around..

I'm really sorry to hear that! Although this might not help, I didn't get the job at first, they gave it to someone else and that other person declined so then I got the offer.

Best of luck with your search
Reply 26
Original post by Ammy97
I'm really sorry to hear that! Although this might not help, I didn't get the job at first, they gave it to someone else and that other person declined so then I got the offer.

Best of luck with your search

Thankyou :smile: got an interview for that other store tomorrow so fingers crossed for that!

Hope you're still enjoying specsavers :smile:
Reply 27
Hi Guys!

Can someone tell me some or all the questions you had on your interview? I will be having my interview for an optical assistant role on Tuesday... Thank you..
Anyone here work as a healthcare assistant? Have an interview !!
Reply 29
I've just been told I did not get job at specsave should I reapply.
Original post by TheCreed
The pay is national minimum wage, £6.19ph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi just wondering if you couldgive me any advice on interview questions for specsavers optical assistant?
Jst seen the thread !
Original post by tlite4real
Thanks, got a call saying I was successful and to come for the next interview on Monday. Where I will be put in store and see how I get on. (Don't understand). Please has anyone done this? How do I go about it. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I know this is a little late but how long was it before they called you to say you were successful?
Hi. I have an interview next week for an optical assistant. I'm so nervous. What type of questions can i expect?
Hi I have an interview on Tuesday for an optical assistant, does anyone have any advice? I just want to know what questions they might ask
Hi, I've got an interview on Tuesday for an optical assistant. Has anyone got any advice? I just want to know what questions they will ask really
What did you guys wear to your interview? I’ve got one tomorrow and very unsure what to wear?
Wear something smart , when I went for an interview with them I wore a smart black dress with tights and shoes .
And when people are interviewed in my store now they are very impressed with how some people attend the interviews!
Good luck
Original post by Jadenicole99
What did you guys wear to your interview? I’ve got one tomorrow and very unsure what to wear?

I have an interview tomorrow at specsavers, how did the interview go and what questions did they ask you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending