The Student Room Group

OCR A2 ICT G063 exam - 11 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I hope this paper isnt like the january one, that was awful.
Reply 81
Yo how did everyone find it?! I'm not too sure personally it seemed like an okay paper I just hope the mark schemes aren't pinpoint precise! >_<
Reply 82
im in a position where i need a D/C to get a c. i revised like crazy, and i knew the a2 spec quite well. i just thought so many irrelevant questions came up that i dont remember learning. + a lot of AS material. i thought it was okay in general but i know a lot of people found it hard. i hope this brings the mark boundaries down
I found it quite hard and i revised everything :/ got stuck on the data protection question and my mind went blank when it came to digital tv and broadcasters. Also think i messed up my gannt diagram :frown: hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!
Reply 84
Yeah i revised alot man! Went through the OCR 240 Page book! >_<
SO much AS stuff came up. What did you put for the protocol question can you remember? - It asked how protocols enable communication between two devices; so i mentioned TCP/IP and SMTP ( which are both protocols that enable communication ) but everyone else put about standards making devices compatible with each other! >_<
Reply 85
Original post by sophielee123
I found it quite hard and i revised everything :/ got stuck on the data protection question and my mind went blank when it came to digital tv and broadcasters. Also think i messed up my gannt diagram :frown: hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!

****, yeah they both threw me too! The broadcasting one i left till last and just said that subscribers can choose to change the broadcasting angles which may lead to more customers :/ and that the feature is expensive. Completely blagged it! >_<

My gannt diagram was mad too, it was literally in a diagonal line haha! "/
Reply 86
yeah for protocols i wrote about standards like wireless device being compatible with all devices and that the NIC card needs to be compatible with all the connection lines such as ethenet cable. which now i think is so wrong :frown: i thought the gant chart was pretty easy though
Reply 87
Last minute i thought it would be about compatibility between devices ( which may be right man don't worry ) but it was specifically about protocols and not standards which is why i mentioned TCP/IP allows communication with any client PC on the network and simple transfer mail protocol allows mails to be sent to different cimputers which is good for staff "/ Which i'm now worried is wrong! But if it's wrong the question was too vague >_< Ahh i have no idea man!!
Reply 88
I think I've really messed this exam up, found it so hard and I needed 80/120 for my grade. I don't think I'm going to get it now. So much AS stuff and weirdly worded questions. Does anyone remember what the question was exactly for the wireless access point question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
It was something to do with why should the student set up WAP instead of wires? "/ i cant remember the precise wording man
Original post by Ashleyd
****, yeah they both threw me too! The broadcasting one i left till last and just said that subscribers can choose to change the broadcasting angles which may lead to more customers :/ and that the feature is expensive. Completely blagged it! >_<

My gannt diagram was mad too, it was literally in a diagonal line haha! "/

Haha glad you felt the same to makes me feel better! hopefully everyone would have struggled on that and they might bring the grade boundaries down. I added up all the ones ive left out or think i got wrong and there goes 24 marks bye bye haha. Oh well hopefully the other 96 are there !!!
Original post by Ashleyd
Yeah i revised alot man! Went through the OCR 240 Page book! >_<
SO much AS stuff came up. What did you put for the protocol question can you remember? - It asked how protocols enable communication between two devices; so i mentioned TCP/IP and SMTP ( which are both protocols that enable communication ) but everyone else put about standards making devices compatible with each other! >_<

I only made one point. i said that protocols allowed devices to be work with one another and then i wrote something crazy like it checked for errors haha!! << wrong. And then i randomly threw in TCP/IP protocol haha! not to worry seems everyone got stuck on this :smile:
Reply 92
I don't know how I found this paper... It had a LOT of AS stuff in it, which was kind of beneficial for me as I re-took it last week. But i guessed the answer to the protocol question and wrote about standards being compatible etc. I was really surprised to see that there was only one long question at the end ... as they've never done that before - but i'm not complaining, though I think it will affect the grade boundaries a lot.

Hopefully i did well, as I taught myself the whole subject!!!
AHHHH just glad its over :biggrin:
Original post by al0
I think I've really messed this exam up, found it so hard and I needed 80/120 for my grade. I don't think I'm going to get it now. So much AS stuff and weirdly worded questions. Does anyone remember what the question was exactly for the wireless access point question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree hun the questions were worded differently than usual! I need 80/120 for my A and i defo havent got that might even be struggling to get a B now :/ bye bye uni! erm for the wireless acess point i remember it being something about justifying it so like why would it be used. Cos it also mentioned wired connectivity didnt it! i just wrote that using a WAP you could move around as it didnt consist of cables also that external users could access it if you dont put a password on it. Also that signal can be weakened due to obstacles and walls and erm finally that if you move to far away distance can be a issue as well. Dont no whether thats right but that's what i put. hope thats ok for you
when you say that you think there only being one essay question will affect the grade boundaries. Do you think it will lower them or higher them? worrying now haha. I also resat AS so it helped me to about the spreadsheets but totally forgot data protection what did you put?
Reply 95
Original post by sophielee123
when you say that you think there only being one essay question will affect the grade boundaries. Do you think it will lower them or higher them? worrying now haha. I also resat AS so it helped me to about the spreadsheets but totally forgot data protection what did you put?

I don't know which way it will go, i would say that they should be higher as there was only one essay question. But because the exam itself was quite hard in the fact that there was a lot of justify questions should make the boundaries lower. So maybe it will balance out and be standard but my teacher did say that the grade boundaries for OCR june 2013 will be a lot higher - but that could of been to make me work harder idk
What was the question again for DPA? - i think i might've blagged that one
Reply 96
Not sure what to make of that paper tbh. I reckon grade boundaries might be lenient though (fingers crossed). btw thanks to everyone who shared revision tips/material :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
what did everyone write about the impact of digital tv on the broadcaster? I just banged on about pay per view and idk why?
Reply 98
Original post by Ashleyd
It was something to do with why should the student set up WAP instead of wires? "/ i cant remember the precise wording man

Was it to do with it being in the student's home or in the school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al0
Was it to do with it being in the student's home or in the school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending