The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Computing - COMP3 11/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
For the seven marker, I wrote something along the lines of this (not in pseudo code):

Traverse along the list until a node is reached with priority 'Low'
This is the current node
Create a new node with process name 'Database' and priority 'Normal'
Pointer of new node is to point to current node
Change previous node pointer to point to new node
Original post by fizzbizz
For the seven marker, I wrote something along the lines of this (not in pseudo code):

Traverse along the list until a node is reached with priority 'Low'
This is the current node
Create a new node with process name 'Database' and priority 'Normal'
Pointer of new node is to point to current node
Change previous node pointer to point to new node

Sorry for miss-doubting your thinking on the floating point bro first of all,think I misunderstood-sorry :smile:

This is what confused me I thought they wanted it as the more specific version of a linked list with the pointers and things changing and it was a bit confusing,so you were mean't to be quite general? Toughest question on it by far for marks(7!)
Original post by TheGreat1
is the exponent not -3 ?
because you had to move 3 places to the left

Nope because moving the decimal point to the left makes the mantissa represent a smaller number, so the exponent needs to be larger to "scale it back up" so to speak.
dan for the algorithm question I wrote in pseudo code....-_-
Reply 324
Original post by SerialVelocity
I got 40 for the denary. :P To convert -7.75, I did this:

Convert -7.75 to fixed point:

7.75 = 0111.11
-7.75 = 1000.01

Move the radix point 3 to the right (so that there is no trailing 0's):

That is the mantissa, the exponent is 3.

damn, i panicked and started flipping bits :s-smilie:
Do you guys think I'll get a mark for writing post fix order?
i kinda wrote anything cause that was the only one i remembered. Found it hard to remember everything so i was quite disappointed. Attempted the SQL questions but definitely failed the 7 mark network one and the 8 mark algorithm.

What was the differences between non routable ip address? i had no idea.
Hoping boundaries are low :frown:
Original post by KING2011BOB

e) What does the output give you? (Not too sure whether im right)

THis one was Reverse Polish Notation I think
Reply 327
Original post by KING2011BOB
Sorry for miss-doubting your thinking on the floating point bro first of all,think I misunderstood-sorry :smile:

This is what confused me I thought they wanted it as the more specific version of a linked list with the pointers and things changing and it was a bit confusing,so you were mean't to be quite general? Toughest question on it by far for marks(7!)

Original post by pixelfrag
dan for the algorithm question I wrote in pseudo code....-_-

Exactly what I thought until I read the question about ten times :L Normally they say write in pseudo code right? That word did not show itself though! Writing in psuedo code would've been really difficult since we weren't told how to refer to certain things like the pointers etc.

But yeah I cannot recall dropping more than ten marks hmm
(edited 10 years ago)
Well I wrote in pseudocode. Hopefully they will accept it.
What did you put for the 2 differences between static and dynamic structures?

I put:
- Static is fixed size but Dynamic can change size at run-time.
- Dynamic has pointers but static doesn't?
Original post by pigs can fly
Do you guys think I'll get a mark for writing post fix order?
i kinda wrote anything cause that was the only one i remembered. Found it hard to remember everything so i was quite disappointed. Attempted the SQL questions but definitely failed the 7 mark network one and the 8 mark algorithm.

What was the differences between non routable ip address? i had no idea.
Hoping boundaries are low :frown:

I put:
- Routable can be used to locate a host on the internet but Non-Routable can't.
- Routable used for internet, Non-Routable used for private network.

Not sure if that's correct though!
Original post by JASApplications
What did you put for the 2 differences between static and dynamic structures?

I put:
- Static is fixed size but Dynamic can change size at run-time.
- Dynamic has pointers but static doesn't?

What I said.
Original post by JASApplications
I put:
- Routable can be used to locate a host on the internet but Non-Routable can't.
- Routable used for internet, Non-Routable used for private network.

Not sure if that's correct though!

I said routable assigned by RIPE NCC in europe and managed by IANA. Routable can be accessed while non-routable is private and cannot
Refusing to check any of these posts cos they'll likely depress me, but well done peeps! This was my last exam so I am now a free man :woo:
Reply 334
Original post by absism
<type> listed char as one of the types, which wasn't one of the types listed in the original figure. Dk about the other error. :/

Aw man! I put that then changed it to Insert Column :frown:

I think the other error was in the definition for <procedure-def>

<procedure-def>::=procedure<identifier> (<paramlist>)

but a procedure definition didn't HAVE to have any parameters, it could've just been procedure <identifier>.

I think :smile:
Reply 335
I said its possible to have two identical non-routable IP addresses if on different networks, but every routable IP address in the world must be unique

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 336
honestly want to send flowers to AQA for not putting anything to do with Common Gateway Interface/Web Server Extensions in the exam.. :woo:
For the parity bit question, the parity bit had to be a 1 because it was odd parity, but then I wasn't sure for the start bit and stop bit. I ended up putting 0 for the stop bit and 1 for the start bit. Not sure though!
Reply 338
Original post by NightStrider
Well I wrote in pseudocode. Hopefully they will accept it.

I did too, and so did quite a few other people I know. I wrote in pseudocode and then wrote an algorithm in english because I was panicking! A few people wrote it in real code, like in Pascal. The question was a bit vague so if there are quite a lot of people who've done it different ways I'm sure that'll be taken into account :smile:
Reply 339
Just did my computing exam today. Hopefully I have bluffed it like I did with my theory last year and I can get a B!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending