The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy A2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Hey. I'm doing PHIL3 tomorrow and my teacher said that in Moral Philosophy a question will come up on Moral Truths and one on Moral Decisions. I looked back at the two past papers available and that seems to be the case. But it doesn't say it anyway on the specification so I was just wondering if anyone know if that's a fact orrr if it was just my teacher basing it off the past papers?

Good luck everyone btw! :smile:
Reply 201
thank you so much for the essay!! It's really good :biggrin:
Anyone got any Rights political philosophy notes?

Want to compare with this sh*t textbook I've been using!!
Original post by Anya!
Hey. I'm doing PHIL3 tomorrow and my teacher said that in Moral Philosophy a question will come up on Moral Truths and one on Moral Decisions. I looked back at the two past papers available and that seems to be the case. But it doesn't say it anyway on the specification so I was just wondering if anyone know if that's a fact orrr if it was just my teacher basing it off the past papers?

Good luck everyone btw! :smile:

I don't think it's necessarily a fact? They probably could ask two meta ethics questions because that section of the spec is broken into two separate bits- moral truth and denial of moral truth. But if previous exams are anything to go by then yes there should be a normative ethics one :smile: I think it will be Kant on a practical problem :biggrin:
I'm still awaiting on an announcement from AQA on BBC News tomorrow morning:

"All Philosophy exams have been cancelled on the grounds that they're a pile of w*nk. All candidates will be given an A grade for even attempting to read our textbooks."

Wishful thinking...ha...:redface:
Reply 205
Anyone have an essay plan on how to tackle a practical applied moral essay with a deontology focus??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 206
Is anybody doing philosophy of mind as one of their two modules? I see a lot of moral philosophy stuff, but almost no one i speak to does phil of mind
Reply 207
yep i am doing Phil of mind!
My bet is on some form of dualism probably!
Original post by Aynesie
Is anybody doing philosophy of mind as one of their two modules? I see a lot of moral philosophy stuff, but almost no one i speak to does phil of mind

Because its horrible haha!

I'm doing it, expecting a question on dualism or a sort of general one on mental states etc. Then just talk substance dualism, reductionist etc
Original post by Gillymander95
I'm still awaiting on an announcement from AQA on BBC News tomorrow morning:

"All Philosophy exams have been cancelled on the grounds that they're a pile of w*nk. All candidates will be given an A grade for even attempting to read our textbooks."

Wishful thinking...ha...:redface:

Oh my God that would be the best thing that could ever happen!
But it never wouldn't..
Reply 210
Im doing Moral/Mind tomorrow, anyone else? My teacher seems to be assured that something related to Dualism will come up for Mind!
Reply 211
anyone doing political philosophy how would you tackle a rights and utility question?! like how would one be worded and what would you write? its on the spec but swear my teacher has taught me like nothing!!
Anyone have any ideas on what's likely to come up for philosophy of religion? :smile:
Reply 213
Original post by jonny_page
Because its horrible haha!

I'm doing it, expecting a question on dualism or a sort of general one on mental states etc. Then just talk substance dualism, reductionist etc

Agreed! Although unfortunately my school doesn't give us an option and we have to do it. A dualism question would be very very nice, much rather that than anything on functionalism or behaviourism
Reply 214
Original post by Dan37
Im doing Moral/Mind tomorrow, anyone else? My teacher seems to be assured that something related to Dualism will come up for Mind!

Same here, and like I just said, dualism would be great for me!
Can someone explain to me what an infinite regress is, it relates to the cosmological argument for philosophy of religion..I'm slowly giving up on passing this exam..
Original post by CrazyGal95
Can someone explain to me what an infinite regress is, it relates to the cosmological argument for philosophy of religion..I'm slowly giving up on passing this exam..

It's the argument that asks if God caused existence/the universe/etc, who caused God...and then who caused that God. The argument would go on forever, an infinite regress. (In basic)
Original post by Aynesie
Agreed! Although unfortunately my school doesn't give us an option and we have to do it. A dualism question would be very very nice, much rather that than anything on functionalism or behaviourism

im doing mind too.. I really hate dualism though, i'd have no idea what to write! what arguments can you put for substance dualism? i can't find many..

have an important maths exam tommorrow and i feel like ive neglected philosophy too much now :/
Reply 218
Original post by moffintop
anyone doing political philosophy how would you tackle a rights and utility question?! like how would one be worded and what would you write? its on the spec but swear my teacher has taught me like nothing!!

I'd personally contrast utilitarian rights (Mill/Bentham/Singer) with natural rights (Locke/Gewirth), evaluating as I went along, but that'd be a mean essay.
Original post by ItsJustMeAgain.x
It's the argument that asks if God caused existence/the universe/etc, who caused God...and then who caused that God. The argument would go on forever, an infinite regress. (In basic)

Ok thanks, I get it now in simple terms..The notes I had seemed complicated
Also what what be the problems with the concept of infinity? that there has to be an end at some point?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending