The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Am i the only one dreading the methods in context section
Original post by khazara
Am i the only one dreading the methods in context section

Nah I'm dreading RM too, especially the design a study question, and picking an appropriate test, I mean I know which tests are high and low to reject null hypothesis, but actually working the test out....no not a chance. Getting up tomorrowmat 6 to go over qualitative/quanta give data.

Anyone doing media - any predictions? I can't for the life of me remember anything about video games affected anti/pro-social behaviour. Should just accept that Im screwed..
Please may someone send me their notes on addiction, especially on Theory of planned behaviour as I really don't understand it!

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 483
Original post by Meldon94
Phew! Not the only one then, I feel better :biggrin: How did you find the January exam? I just found this particular exam so difficult! I mean, I get As in my other subjects, but struggle so much in psychology! Then again, I think a lot of people do because the grade boundaries are ridiculously low (such as the Jan one, 50% for a B)!

January exam was really hard, but found this one much easier. How did you do on it?
I'm doing Phobias and Media psychology, does anyone know what likely questions are going to come up?
Reply 485
Original post by mcrbus94
January exam was really hard, but found this one much easier. How did you do on it?

I think I did better than I did in January, but I don't think I did fantastically well :frown: So if everyone else found it easier, it means the grade boundaries are higher, and I'm likely to get the same UMS as January... *sigh* :frown: Hoping PSYA4 will save me somehow!
Hi guys,
I'm doing the PSYA4 exam on 17th June for Psychology... the topics I'm currently studying are Research methods, Depression and Addiction topics.... does anyone have any predictions for these topics? Also, is it possible to get an A grade if you answer just 2 of the 3 topics, but in very good detail?
Cheers
Anyone got any predictions for the possible phobias and anomalistic psychology questions? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have any notes on video games for media - despise that section and the book is pretty rubbish :confused:
Hey, for the PSYA3 exam, does anyone know where the find ?the paper or have a list of the questions and the marks? Im trying to revise for some exams and getting prepared, can anyone help?
Reply 490
I sat PSYA3 in January and answered one of the three questions. As you could expect, U. I thought that the one on Monday was great! Any tips from anyone for this Mondays exam? If you're writing essay plans then you only have to do it for 2 topics so that's a bonus i guess!
Reply 491
Hey, to anyone else studying addiction for PSYA4, seeing as Theory of Reasoned Action isn't in the specification anymore and there's nowhere near enough information on the Theory of Planned Behaviour to write a 24 mark essay on, how are you revising for it?! Are we allowed to basically outline the TRA and then just add in the perceived behavioural control bit to make it into the TPB? I'm so confused, it just seems to be much too small of a topic for a 24 mark question but I don't want to risk not knowing it :/
Original post by spanishovenfork
Hi guys,
I'm doing the PSYA4 exam on 17th June for Psychology... the topics I'm currently studying are Research methods, Depression and Addiction topics.... does anyone have any predictions for these topics? Also, is it possible to get an A grade if you answer just 2 of the 3 topics, but in very good detail?
Cheers

Same topics as me :}
PREDICTIONS
Depression --> therapies
Addiction --> theory of planned behaviour
RM --> no idea, sorry D:

here's the grade boundaries http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JAN13.PDF

To get an A you need 53/83 aprox
if you ace depression + addictions you only get 24+24 so 48 (and that's if you ace them). But if you do research methods and one of them and ace them then yes. But that's very difficult to do :P
So try and do well in 2 but then do a bit for the third topic too :smile:
Hope that helps :P
Reply 493
would love to leave out addiction altogether. Only finished up my Physics revision for tomorrow an hour ago. Only starting psya4 tomorrow evening after my exam. Hope its possible 13th to 16th for revision with a cram of research methods on the way in on the 17th.
Reply 494
Any predictions for schizophrenia essays?
I really hope classification and diagnosis of schiz. doesn't come up :colondollar:
Original post by beau_JF
Hey, to anyone else studying addiction for PSYA4, seeing as Theory of Reasoned Action isn't in the specification anymore and there's nowhere near enough information on the Theory of Planned Behaviour to write a 24 mark essay on, how are you revising for it?! Are we allowed to basically outline the TRA and then just add in the perceived behavioural control bit to make it into the TPB? I'm so confused, it just seems to be much too small of a topic for a 24 mark question but I don't want to risk not knowing it :/

Are you learning ao2 for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RosePetals.
Anyone have any notes on video games for media - despise that section and the book is pretty rubbish :confused:

I'm doing media and hate it to :frown: I completely failed the media section in January.... Haha!
All I have note wise ATM for video games (not gne over yet) is this:

Prosocial Behaviour and Games
1. Gentile et al-increases in short and long term, over 3—4 months, using 3 studies and 3 age groups, 2009
2. Obesity-the Wii burns calories but 4x less than real exercise but builds confidence
3. MSN-88% teens do because it is a buffer from shyness and adolescent stressors

Antisocial behaviour and Games (Anderson)
1. Experimental-arousal (bp, heart rate), hostile feelings (self-report measures) and aggressive behaviour (white noise, hostility scale) measured with slow-paced puzzle and first-person shooter
2. Correlation-600 teenagers have more aggressive feelings, teacher arguments and physically fights with more games, regardless of personality type
3. Longitudinal-430 7—9 year olds do 2 surveys in a year and were rated by their selves, peers and teachers (more exposure means more verbal and physical aggression)
4. Meta-Analysis-link between games and aggression

It doesn't make much sense to me at the mo... So good luck :L
what are peoples predictions for schizophrenia and anomalistic ?
Has anyone got any predictions for depression and addiction?
Original post by Imperiously
Has anyone got any predictions for depression and addiction?

Aqa are unpredictable, but therapies for depression haven't come up in a little while I don't think. Jan was clinical characteristics and diagnosis issues

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending