The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brittanna
Here you go:

Thannks!

Will keep it for a last minute test of how much I know :biggrin:
Original post by suncake
It's in the 'integration using trigonometry' bit in the textbook. There was a whole chunk of questions using it too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh :colondollar: How embarrassing :colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 3762
Original post by MedMed12
:frown: it can only get better, I promise!

Hmm maybe i'll take a gap year?
Original post by brittanna
Remember that because you're integrating it parametrically, you want to integrate between the θ\theta values. So find the values of θ\theta when y=0. Integrating between these two values will only give you the top half of the ellipse, so you then need to double it. You could also integrate between 00 and 2π2\pi if you wanted to do it all in one go.

Thanks, such a silly error, need to focus more on the question
Original post by ACBLISS
Hmm maybe i'll take a gap year?

I was thinking of one :P
Its definitely an option, but you sure about that? I'll PM :smile:
Reply 3765
Original post by mightyscott
I appreciate that people worked hard and that stress got to many people a bit (people were tearing up in the exam hall), and I myself froze at the beginning of question 3 for a bit. However apart from the speed and distance and stuff like that which threw everyone off everything was on the syllabus Afterwards people moaned how they couldnt get ff(0) because they didnt give the equation of f(x), but if you're a proper a level maths student you would see that it was a simple linear line (which they said at the top).
Everything was on syllabus, but it was a proper test. I'm not great at maths, but a little bit of common sense helped me through most of those questions

Yeah I understand what you mean, some of the questions were do-able. Infact, most of them were. The ones that really threw me off were the first question- I spent 30 minutes on that =.= .. The proving tan question and the last question. Let's just hope C4 goes well! Though i highly doubt that...
Reply 3766
Original post by deanna3006
I think a* boundaries don't get changed (which is ridiculous)

Posted from TSR Mobile

T___T .. Well isn't that my only A* out the window.
I'll probably get a B if I get lucky now.
*Sigh*
Original post by Knoyle quiah
Thanks, such a silly error, need to focus more on the question

No problem :smile:.
Original post by RainieXD
T___T .. Well isn't that my only A* out the window.
I'll probably get a B if I get lucky now.
*Sigh*

UMS doesnt change, raw marks do though so it may not be :smile: don't doubt yet, focus hard for c4 :smile: and whatever happens happens, but hopefully you'll be happily surprised :wink:
what papers/questions are everyone doing, done all edexcel, solomon/zigzag worth it???
Reply 3770
Original post by May-o2q
Could someone please help me with question 4b and 5b please? I don't know how to solve this kind of question. Thanks in advance :smile:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371315036.673431.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371332320.100616.jpg

Hey you did part a right of question 4 why is the answer in the book divided by 2 not kept as 4.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Knoyle quiah
what papers/questions are everyone doing, done all edexcel, solomon/zigzag worth it???

C4 solomon is too easy, have you tried the practice papers?
Original post by orange94
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371332320.100616.jpg

Hey you did part a right of question 4 why is the answer in the book divided by 2 not kept as 4.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

You forgot to square root the 4
Reply 3773
Original post by hawraaj313
does anyone have a list of formulas we need to memorise?

hey think this might answer your question :smile:
C4.gif
Reply 3774
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371332599.752413.jpg
Question 4 in excersie 3d part a)

Why do you divide the answer by 2? Cause that's the answer in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3775
Hey guys I have a question, for vectors in c4 they sometimes ask us to work out te area of a triangle, would I get full marks if I used the cross product from fp3?
Original post by Jakub675
Hey guys I have a question, for vectors in c4 they sometimes ask us to work out te area of a triangle, would I get full marks if I used the cross product from fp3?

Well I'm sure you might because in the mark schemes sometimes they show alternative methods of getting answers etc. So yeah I guess so man
How'd you do this. Number 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3778
Original post by HARDZ994
Well I'm sure you might because in the mark schemes sometimes they show alternative methods of getting answers etc. So yeah I guess so man

Thanks man I'll probably do it the c4 way, and use cross product just to check my answer
Reply 3779
Original post by .raiden.
You forgot to square root the 4

lol my friend does this strange method in working it out ... she said that you divide it by 2 because 4^1/2 is 1/2 so that why you do it. it sounds like a bunch of crap and she confused me? thats wrong , what she said right?

what do you think??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending