The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help me out;

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL5-W-SQP-07.PDF

Q9 i)

Quote me please, thank you! :smile:
Reply 3181
what are everyones predictions on the essay? and do you think they would repeat an essay from the past papers? really stressing about the essay :/ how are people revising for the essay?
does anyone know how inaccurate/accurate the spec paper is for this unit? I'm marking it now and the whole of question 5 has answers that have the opposite movement of ions (the general consensus from me and the internet is that sodium ions diffuse INTO the axon during depolarisation, and potassium diffuses out of the axon during repolarisation?)
Original post by nanodesu512
does anyone know how inaccurate/accurate the spec paper is for this unit? I'm marking it now and the whole of question 5 has answers that have the opposite movement of ions (the general consensus from me and the internet is that sodium ions diffuse INTO the axon during depolarisation, and potassium diffuses out of the axon during repolarisation?)

yeah it's wrong... don't listen to the spec paper!
Original post by rommy123
what are everyones predictions on the essay? and do you think they would repeat an essay from the past papers? really stressing about the essay :/ how are people revising for the essay?

I know some people are memorising essay plans and things, but personally I'm just practicing coming up with plans for essay titles and writing a couple under timed conditions without memorising them...I would worry that if I was to learn essay plans I wouldn't fully answer the question they actually ask, instead sticking to a similar but not the same title I had planned and learnt

Posted from TSR Mobile
predictions for essays? and how are people revising for the essay? plans, mind maps, timing yourself...?
Reply 3186
I have some questions if anyone wants to answer feel free :

What is a primer?

Give two roles of a primer?

What is a DNA probe?

Describe briefly and explain how gene therapy may be used to treat a person with CF?
Reply 3187
Original post by James A
(Glucose) Co Transport.

Nice one G!
I'm up for this exam!
Wanna fire some questions? Starting from co-ordination all the way upto genetics..?

Original post by medicalmillie
predictions for essays? and how are people revising for the essay? plans, mind maps, timing yourself...?

I thought maybe something to do with these topics:
Water / Osmosis
Movement of substances
Energy transfers
ATP use
They haven't come up yet and are on the synoptic specification
I don't like any of them if they do come up! :redface:
Original post by safis
I have some questions if anyone wants to answer feel free :

What is a primer?

Give two roles of a primer?

What is a DNA probe?

Describe briefly and explain how gene therapy may be used to treat a person with CF?

Is a short single stranded piece of DNA that attaches to the end of a DNA fragment.

Two roles: To provide a starting base sequence for the addition of nucleotides.

To initiate the PCR reaction.

A probe is a short single stranded DNA fragment that is complementary to the target DNA. It is radioactively labelled/fluorescently labelled
Original post by YWArtist
Nice one G!
I'm up for this exam!
Wanna fire some questions? Starting from co-ordination all the way upto genetics..?

Brah, start us off :tongue:
Original post by James A

pg 157 in NT book it talks about the growth factors being made by ALL CELLS located in the plant, but i thought IAA was only produced by the growing tip??? Please help :frown:
Reply 3192
Original post by James A

Reflex arc pathway and why its effective
Reply 3193
You can't really say 25marks worth on an osmosis essay..
Essay on energy transfer... what would people say? And out of spec stuff ????
Reply 3195
Original post by JessicaTSR
I thought maybe something to do with these topics:
Water / Osmosis
Movement of substances
Energy transfers
ATP use
They haven't come up yet and are on the synoptic specification
I don't like any of them if they do come up! :redface:

Thanks :smile: i really hope an ATP one comes up or Movement of substances,, are there any more that are have not come up but are on the synoptic specification?
Thanks :smile: i really hope an ATP one comes up or Movement of substances,, are there any more that are have not come up but are on the synoptic specification?

Not that I could see, although they can reword and combine areas together I suppose :smile: who knows!

Could anybody enlighten me on SCID? Seems to have bypassed my notes..
you would isolate a gene from dna using restricition endonuclease right?
anyone got any tips for the HSW questions, really struggling with them...
How many examples are people hoping to write about in the essay?

Latest

Trending

Trending