The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flyylikejetz
Why does the uterus lining shed away in terms of a HSW type question ?

when the egg is not fertilised, corpus luteum breaks down, no progesterone is released, progesterone maintains thickness of uterus lining
Original post by ActaNonVerba
when the egg is not fertilised, corpus luteum breaks down, no progesterone is released, progesterone maintains thickness of uterus lining

oh yes, lol questions are based on the roles of lh and fsh so much I forgot the roles of progesterone and oestrogen!
Reply 3582
Original post by master y
sure!

can i get your email or something?
Reply 3583
Original post by master y
sure!

It's okay, ive sent it to your TSR inbox
hey guys, hope revision is going well. Could someone help me out with the following question please, Jun 12: Q 5 b ii) I don't understand the mark scheme answer and why that is an advantage. No one has been able to help me with this question :frown: :frown:
Original post by rm.xo
can i get your email or something?

Bring me in aswell!!! :frown:
Reply 3586
I'm really struggling with DNA sequencing can someone explain it step by step and then how you analyse results - I will be internally grateful.
Also how much detail has your revision of BIOL4,2 and 1 for the synoptic essay been ?
Remember guys, if you get stuck on what stimulates what in eostrogen cycle, remember my FOLP anagram. =)
Reply 3588
i have tried my best to revise this unit (along with two resist) and on all three mocks i have got CC and once D!! there seems to be loads of application q's and no matter how much i revise if find the questions so difficult :frown: anyone feel like this! also i think ions may come up! x
please aqa, no restricting mapping and I love you FOREVER! <3
Reply 3590
Original post by pjanoo
Exactly the same with me, I'm losing 1-2 marks per section on silly things. What do you need in this exam to get the final grade you want?

I need a B in this exam but would like the A, i'm not sure UMS point wise though /: but think of it this way, getting 60-65 marks already is a C/B borderline, then you only need to get 10 marks in the essay and you have an A*!

75% - a*
70% - a
65% - b
and so on going down about 5% each time :smile:
Reply 3591
Original post by marleyxd
Why do CGP and Nelson Throne say completely different things regarding Taxis?

CGP: When in unfavorable conditions woodlice would move faster + Less turning
NT: When in unfavorable conditions woodlice would move faster + More turning

Which one is right?

CGP. If you think about it, if you turn more, youre more likely to stay in the same place. If you run in the same direction for ages, you move further away than if you were running around in a circle.

NT contradict what they say in the book on their chapter 9 exam style question question 1
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JacobG
I'm really struggling with DNA sequencing can someone explain it step by step and then how you analyse results - I will be internally grateful.
Also how much detail has your revision of BIOL4,2 and 1 for the synoptic essay been ?

:K:
Reply 3593
Original post by Scienceisgood
Remember guys, if you get stuck on what stimulates what in eostrogen cycle, remember my FOLP anagram. =)

Fat Old Lady Periods is what my teacher suggested haha
Original post by Lyont
I need a B in this exam but would like the A, i'm not sure UMS point wise though /: but think of it this way, getting 60-65 marks already is a C/B borderline, then you only need to get 10 marks in the essay and you have an A*!

75% - a*
70% - a
65% - b

Typically, assuming you get everything right, you don't even need to do the essay and you can get an A/A*. =P
Any one else praying for 'Cycles in Biology' to come up as the last question on the paper? :tongue:
Reply 3596
Original post by Lyont

75% - a*
70% - a
65% - b

That's true :smile: but I think this year the boundaries will increase a little, they seem to be increasing by about 4-5 marks year on year as students get more resources from past papers, I'd love for it to stay the same though or even decrease!! That would be soo good :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HarryAlexSmith
Any one else praying for 'Cycles in Biology' to come up as the last question on the paper? :tongue:

It would be really good but came up in 2011 I think :frown:
Reply 3598
Original post by Scienceisgood

what's the FOLP anagram please? and how does it work? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3599
can some pleaseeeeeee explain restriction mapping and it's use? pleaseee

Latest

Trending

Trending