The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by master y
but this isnt mentioned in the book! Do lipids require aTP? How are these formedd... :s-smilie:

That's why you use TSR:wink: and I'm not entirely sure, but the creation of large macromolecules requires ATP so I'd go with yes...just google it.
Reply 4241
Original post by Jake1313
Nope pretty much all there! Just remember the permeability of the loop of henle is controlled by ADH. Can link this in to homeostasis and the risks of taking ecstasy!

What's this loop of henle stuff? you're all making me feel like I don't know anything! D:
Can someone just do a few notes on what to write if water importance essay comes up? There are plans in here but is mostly in note form, little bit extra would help please xx
I really hope ATP essay comes up tomorrow... or enzymes... or something thats just broad like that.

If things like carbs, or water, or whatever come up i'll probably cry.
I HATE THIS EXAM. DOWN WITH BIOL5!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR :mob: this is worse than ukcat....
Original post by JacobG
anyone have a nice document with lots of plans for essays summarised ?

How about this?
http://www.studentcreche.co.uk/biologysynopticstudentcreche.pdf

If you ctrl + f and search 'title' you can skip through the different essays they provide content for :smile: I think there's around 10 different ones based on the synoptic content aqa have said :smile:
Reply 4247
What could I write about the use of ATP that's not on the spec? Please help
Original post by mbisababe
have you tried the june 2011 paper?! pure hell, dont know how ill cope if the exams like that tomorrow :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No i haven't, is it that bad?
What mark did you get?
Reply 4249
Original post by Tikara
What's this loop of henle stuff? you're all making me feel like I don't know anything! D:

Don't think you need to know it. It's useful for the synoptic essay and it links in some key topics. Might be worth a quick look before tomorrow!
Reply 4250
Hey guys, I am sharing some bullet notes I had. Most of them are taken from mark schemes.:smile: I wanted to post exam pack questions but the file was too big.:mad:
Reply 4251

yeah did this is class, is about looking under the microscope and using a scale to measure the length.. weird, we have never even learnt that thought it would be about the properties of the microscope

7bii is just sampling techniques so like big sample so representative of the area and make sure its random to avoid bias i think
Original post by Tikara

Because 2 A* marks on the essay are for making points "outside the specification" people tend to go overboard learning wayyy more than they need.

I think that 7bii is about making sure that you have a random sample so that it is non baised and that your sample is large enough so that it is representative, but haven't got a clue about question 7b, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, can someone explain question 5ai to me in this specimen paper? I thought that during an action potential sodium ions move INTO the axon which is why it becomes less negative? the markscheme says that sodium iions move out of axon.

heres the link:]

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL5-W-SQP-07.PDF

thank you :smile:
Original post by master y
i hate this exam. Down with biol5!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr :mob: this is worse than ukcat....

much worse.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
No i haven't, is it that bad?
What mark did you get?

definitely the hardest out of 2010, 2011 and 2012
i got 69 in the paper, which was an A, but only because it was a decent essay at the end (the cycle one i think)
Original post by sals1234
Hey guys, can someone explain question 5ai to me in this specimen paper? I thought that during an action potential sodium ions move INTO the axon which is why it becomes less negative? the markscheme says that sodium iions move out of axon.

the markschemes ****ed...its completely wrong, what youve written is correct :smile: there is alot of mistakes in that markscheme
Reply 4258
Original post by Jake1313
Don't think you need to know it. It's useful for the synoptic essay and it links in some key topics. Might be worth a quick look before tomorrow!

Yeah thanks, having a quick look now :smile:
Reply 4259
Original post by sals1234

It's wrong, sodium ions do move into the axon. Good ol' aqa.

Latest

Trending

Trending