The Student Room Group

Degrees offered by colleges

Hello

I have a few questions that i hope you can answer.

Is a degree that is offered by a College, but validated by a local University still acceptable to employers? or do they prefer that you attend the University?

Secondly how is the University of Essex viewed by employers? is the University respected?

I hope somebody can reply this time! Thanks
Reply 1
It probably doesn't make much difference, I did the first year of a Foundation degree many years ago at a local college but all the certificates and info sheets only state De Montefort, the accrediting uni on them. So I wouldn't mention it unless asked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
The University of Essex is respected, it's not Russell group but in specific research subject areas it ranks quite high.
Whether employers rank it highly is another matter, most employers care more about what you studied and what relevant work experience you have than where you studied. The ones that specify say Russell group universities, tend to also expect good A levels and GCSEs, in other words a consistent academic record. If the university you attend has good links with employers you want to work for, this is more useful.
Original post by jordanlfc1993
Hello

I have a few questions that i hope you can answer.

Is a degree that is offered by a College, but validated by a local University still acceptable to employers? or do they prefer that you attend the University?

Secondly how is the University of Essex viewed by employers? is the University respected?

I hope somebody can reply this time! Thanks

On your degree certificate it will say which University you got it from, not the college. So, whether you attended a college or University, it would say the same.

Essex university is respected yes. It is a 1994 group university which is kind of on par with the russell group Universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending