The Student Room Group

Anyone else entering the Foyle Poet's Competition?

It's the biggest poetry competition for 11-17 year olds in the country. With 7300 entrants last year. I've entered with about ten of my poems and I'm so scared but so excited - getting commended would be an impossible dream, and the prize for the winners is basically *drool* - a week-long writer's retreat with guidance and workshops with professionals, as well as poetry read-outs and staying with like-minded people. But there's barely any chance, so I won't get ahead of myself!

Anyone else taking the plunge?
Original post by paradoxicalme
It's the biggest poetry competition for 11-17 year olds in the country. With 7300 entrants last year. I've entered with about ten of my poems and I'm so scared but so excited - getting commended would be an impossible dream, and the prize for the winners is basically *drool* - a week-long writer's retreat with guidance and workshops with professionals, as well as poetry read-outs and staying with like-minded people. But there's barely any chance, so I won't get ahead of myself!

Anyone else taking the plunge?

Try the Christopher Tower Poetry competition for 16-18 year olds too - this year's theme is 'News' and there's more information on www.towerpoetry.org.uk/prize - good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending