The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iSoftie
That video is easily a fake. Did you notice that they were all men? Also the same things going on with Egypt - you extremists are framing the soldiers and are inciting a "civil war", and of course America will support the Muslim Brotherhood as they are best friends.

Yeah yeah it's so ruddy fake, you got me!!!Please don't tell anyone!
What about this one? Are the soldiers being framed too?

I knew you'd answer me something like that and I feel sorry for you. I've got one thing to ask though: Who is the oppressed and who is the opressor in the ongoing conflict? If you tell me the Syrian soldiers of Assad are the oppressed, then I am gonna commit a suicide!
Reply 441
Original post by Ama2007
The purpose of this thread is to express your opinion and back it up with evidence...if you wish...which you seem to have failed epic-ally...instead all you have managed to do is come on here and shout pro-Assad slogans just like a mad hooligan. So, yes I do agree you have added nothing to this discussion.

Whether assad wins or loses he will be in history books for ever as a mass killer of his OWN people...:cool: which is something to be proud off for future pro-asses...

Not only that, he will be held accountable for his action not by the court of law, or the International Court for Garbage, or Human Rights, instead he will stand in front of his own people and they will do what they wish with him...He killed their mothers, fathers, sons THEY (not you or I) will get what they want.

Neither you or anyone who still supports the criminal will get in their way to get justice. They have fought for it, they have given their souls for it thus they SHALL get what they want...today, tomorrow, after few months...it doesn't matter!

In the end they will get their freedom and their dignity whether you like it or not. That's life. No pain no gain :wink:

If you took a flight to Damascus you would realise just how silly you look.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 442
Original post by Syrian Guy

I knew you'd answer me something like that and I feel sorry for you. I've got one thing to ask though: Who is the oppressed and who is the opressor in the ongoing conflict? If you tell me the Syrian soldiers of Assad are the oppressed, then I am gonna commit a suicide!

lol there is no need...people like that exist, they have nothing sensible to say (if you go through the whole thread you will see the utter nonsense) so he just keeps coming up with "assad will win...assad is winning...assad is good man...assad is been betrayed by the western media...assad is so cute..."

The best thing to do is ignore them they will come to their senses one day or will just live miserably having the thought of children raped by army personnel on their mind for the rest of their life...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 443
To answer your question, you need to understand that pro Assad people went to the street supporting him, because most of them are brainwashed. Mind you, Saddam had also his supporters so did Ghaddafi. They literally worship Assad and they don’t want him to step down because they “fear the future of the country.”

A lot of people are saying that it's only brainwashed people who are rebelling. Is there any real way to measure this - What you consider to be a "brainwashed" person might just be someone who really supports the current government and doesn't want a change.

There are also other reasons why pro Assad rallies were held in and outside Syria. As for the rallies inside, most of them work for the government. Apart from the brainwashed whose hearts are tamed by Assad, the others, the Sunnis in particular, are coerced to join the pro Assad rallies and if somebody refuses, the informers, who are all over the place, snitch on him and in the process he’ll be punished and will be labeled as a “traitor.”

I see - So coercion, informants, and threats could also be the main driving force behind pro-rebel demonstrations? I.e if someone refuses to take part they get labelled a traitor, so they go out and pretend to support a cause whether that's pro-assad or pro-rebel, in order to keep their family safe?

I don't dispute the 100,000 death figure, but this also includes civilians who were attacked by rebels, syrian service personnel who were killed by rebel suicide bombings, people who died in crossfire and whose killers can't really be determined with any degree of certainty.

Let me categorically state that I have no problem with the Syrian military and the FSA attacking each other - I believe in peace so I don't like it when armies go to war but I understand why it's sometimes necessary and that they should stick to attacking only military targets. Recently I've felt that the rebels seem to be going after other targets, such as suicide bombing civilians. If you ask anyone whether suicide bombing civilians in pursuit of a "cause" can ever be justified, most if not all will say no. I believe that this is why the FSA are being labelled terrorists - Because they are doing things that terrorists do - Suicide bombing, attacking service personnel, waging war against the state. The Damascus suicide bombing a while ago reminded me of the IRA murder of Aery Neave. He was a UK government minister a few decades ago and the IRA (Irish "rebels"/"terrorists"/"freedom fighters" depending on who you ask) murdered him by planting a bomb in his car. The IRA were wrong to do this. Whether or not their political aims were legitimate, they did not have the right to murder a civilian in cold blood to make their point. People who do that scare me. If they are prepared to murder a civilian in cold blood just to make a point, can they ever really be fit to govern a population?

From what I have seen so far, the Syrian military is only attacking the rebels, but trying to leave civilians out of it. This is precisely what NATO say they do when they bomb urban areas in other countries - Attack military targets and keeping civilian casualties to as low a level as possible, if not entirely 0. While I may not agree with such military operations, I think the broad intention of an army to minimize civilian casualties is a commendable one, and I certainly won't fault the Syrian military for doing this.
Reply 444
Original post by Bart1331
A lot of people are saying that it's only brainwashed people who are rebelling. Is there any real way to measure this - What you consider to be a "brainwashed" person might just be someone who really supports the current government and doesn't want a change.

I see - So coercion, informants, and threats could also be the main driving force behind pro-rebel demonstrations? I.e if someone refuses to take part they get labelled a traitor, so they go out and pretend to support a cause whether that's pro-assad or pro-rebel, in order to keep their family safe?

I don't dispute the 100,000 death figure, but this also includes civilians who were attacked by rebels, syrian service personnel who were killed by rebel suicide bombings, people who died in crossfire and whose killers can't really be determined with any degree of certainty.

Let me categorically state that I have no problem with the Syrian military and the FSA attacking each other - I believe in peace so I don't like it when armies go to war but I understand why it's sometimes necessary and that they should stick to attacking only military targets. Recently I've felt that the rebels seem to be going after other targets, such as suicide bombing civilians. If you ask anyone whether suicide bombing civilians in pursuit of a "cause" can ever be justified, most if not all will say no. I believe that this is why the FSA are being labelled terrorists - Because they are doing things that terrorists do - Suicide bombing, attacking service personnel, waging war against the state. The Damascus suicide bombing a while ago reminded me of the IRA murder of Aery Neave. He was a UK government minister a few decades ago and the IRA (Irish "rebels"/"terrorists"/"freedom fighters" depending on who you ask) murdered him by planting a bomb in his car. The IRA were wrong to do this. Whether or not their political aims were legitimate, they did not have the right to murder a civilian in cold blood to make their point. People who do that scare me. If they are prepared to murder a civilian in cold blood just to make a point, can they ever really be fit to govern a population?

From what I have seen so far, the Syrian military is only attacking the rebels, but trying to leave civilians out of it. This is precisely what NATO say they do when they bomb urban areas in other countries - Attack military targets and keeping civilian casualties to as low a level as possible, if not entirely 0. While I may not agree with such military operations, I think the broad intention of an army to minimize civilian casualties is a commendable one, and I certainly won't fault the Syrian military for doing this.

well....you haven't seen much!

No one pretends to support a cause, they're feeling it and it's part of their lives till Assad is ousted.

Do please pay careful attention to the following vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwCeuaIzPmw
Reply 446

Is this old soul chatting rubbish?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msA35ATXol8#at=428

I've watched that video. Beats a jihadi-styled suicide bombing anyday :wink:

EDIT: Dang, I hate getting negged talking the truth. Too bad these liberalfags only follow what the BBC tell them. :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 447

I could barely stomach 26 seconds very slick propaganda.
Reply 448
No one pretends to support a cause, they're feeling it and it's part of their lives till Assad is ousted.

I watched it, it's one of those political videos where people say how much better their government would be. What is the relevance of this video?

Syrian Guy, you expressed some concern about some of the people in pro-assad protests might only be there out of coercion. It's perhaps a good thing that we consider this coercion thing a bit further. What proof can you offer me that the people at the anti-assad protests aren't just there out of coercion?
I watched it, it's one of those political videos where people say how much better their government would be. What is the relevance of this video?

Syrian Guy, you expressed some concern about some of the people in pro-assad protests might only be there out of coercion. It's perhaps a good thing that we consider this coercion thing a bit further. What proof can you offer me that the people at the anti-assad protests aren't just there out of coercion?

I posted that video because you said if someone refused to take part in a demo, they would “pretend” to support a cause so that they keep their families safe.

I don’t know how to get you a proof because from what I’ve seen, people went to the streets believing in something. They relish the prospect of living in a democratic country where everyone’s equal. They don’t need elections rigged by the ruling party. They don’t want a president forcing his people to say:“There is no God but Assad” That’s why their minds are fixated on achieving their goals despite the big loss of lives where many children and women have been slaughtered across the country. So yes I don’t think the protesters were bludgeoned into taking to the streets!
Reply 450
I'd rather live in a Syria under Assad than under a salafist regime

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 451
as we see in this article which written in 1982 http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/pdf/The%20Zionist%20Plan%20for%20the%20Middle%20East.pdf israel want to break syria down into 4 parts. 1-Sunni state based in damascus 2-Alawi state 3- Sunni state based in Alleppo 4-Druze state
If we don't know the plans of zionists on the middle east we cannot realise what is going on currently in the middle east...
Reply 452
Original post by shwareb
I am 100% with Bashar Al-Assad, the true leader of the Syrian Arab Republic and not those FSA scums.
Syria was so beautiful when I used to visit it, and look at it now.
Bashar Al-Assad is loved by his people and had done very well with Syria´s limited natural resources, making a beautiful country. If the people did not love him he wouldn´t still be the leader today.
The so-called "FSA" is a terrorist organisation predominantly composed of radical islamists from foreign arab countries, funded by the USA and Israel and their "puppet-states" Qatar, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

You guys should check out liveleak once in a while to see what the FSA scums are doing to the syrian people.

May God help the Syrian people and long live its leader Bashar Al-Assad!

You have just nailed it......indeed long live mighty Assad!
Reply 453
Original post by Markell
You have just nailed it......indeed long live mighty Assad!

The problem is he wont :tongue:

he killed more than 100,000 and he is going to get his fair share of the cake!!

The arrogance you display here is utter disrespect for those lost in this war and you should be ashamed of yourself if you consider yourself a human being otherwise continue as you are praising a murderer because you would like to be one day-thats the only explanation.

Thankfully there is not many of your kind around. Most people have finally realised the truth in syria and that Bashar talks garbage to cover his back

Dont worry he will see the results of his actions not by the UN and the "Syrian Army of hypocrisy" but by the syrian people. They will get what they want, why? because they deserve the freedom, they sacrificed so many lives...guess why? so bashar can be a lesson for every tyrant to put a foot on this earth, they will teach him the meaning of freedom and that in the end the righteous always wins.

He can kill all he likes but the syrians will keep coming at him until they get their well deserved freedom :wink:.....wonder why its taken 2 years to "end" the syrians? Because they are braver than he thought tehy are stronger than he thought. They surprised him thats for sure.They united, and stood infront of him like no other person can...despite the lack of military support they are still standing in front of the biggest mass killer of all time. What does that tell you?

Courage. Bravery. Great spirit.

vs.

Cowardness and child rape?

hmm take your pick :wink:

Thats the way it is whether you like it or not. NOTHING, can change the facts.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 454
Original post by Ama2007
The problem is he wont :tongue:

he killed more than 100,000 and he is going to get his fair share of the cake!!

The arrogance you display here is utter disrespect for those lost in this war and you should be ashamed of yourself if you consider yourself a human being otherwise continue as you are praising a murderer because you would like to be one day-thats the only explanation.

Thankfully there is not many of your kind around. Most people have finally realised the truth in syria and that Bashar talks garbage to cover his back

Dont worry he will see the results of his actions not by the UN and the "Syrian Army of hypocrisy" but by the syrian people. They will get what they want, why? because they deserve the freedom, they sacrificed so many lives...guess why? so bashar can be a lesson for every tyrant to put a foot on this earth, they will teach him the meaning of freedom and that in the end the righteous always wins.

He can kill all he likes but the syrians will keep coming at him until they get their well deserved freedom :wink:.....wonder why its taken 2 years to "end" the syrians? Because they are braver than he thought tehy are stronger than he thought. They surprised him thats for sure.They united, and stood infront of him like no other person can...despite the lack of military support they are still standing in front of the biggest mass killer of all time. What does that tell you?

Courage. Bravery. Great spirit.

vs.

Cowardness and child rape?

hmm take your pick :wink:

Thats the way it is whether you like it or not. NOTHING, can change the facts.

Bashar al Assad is better for Syria than FSA ALQUIDA EXTREMISTS, AL-NUSRA/FSA AND OTHER ALQUIDA LINKED MALITIAS WANT TO MASSACRE, THE ALAWI, DRUZE, CHRISTIAN MINORITIES; they kill civilians who support the president, they killed Christian leaders (beheading, shouting 'god is great' at the same time! lol they don't know the meaning of 'god is great') they recruit children, praise the animal binladen, and are destroying Syria; also one rebel ate the heart of a dead soldier...their animals! Bashar al Assad as the legitimate leader is doing what any other leader would do when their country is invaded by al-Qaida thugs seeking to destroy and kill (half of these scumbag rebels are foreigners believe it or not#)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 455
Original post by g4adaffi
Bashar al Assad is better for Syria than FSA ALQUIDA EXTREMISTS, AL-NUSRA/FSA AND OTHER ALQUIDA LINKED MALITIAS WANT TO MASSACRE, THE ALAWI, DRUZE, CHRISTIAN MINORITIES; they kill civilians who support the president, they killed Christian leaders (beheading, shouting 'god is great' at the same time! lol they don't know the meaning of 'god is great') they recruit children, praise the animal binladen, and are destroying Syria; also one rebel ate the heart of a dead soldier...their animals! Bashar al Assad as the legitimate leader is doing what any other leader would do when their country is invaded by al-Qaida thugs seeking to destroy and kill (half of these scumbag rebels are foreigners believe it or not#)

Coming from someone who supports Gaddifia....not very credible I must say :tongue:
Reply 456
Does anyone know of any good twitter or facebook accounts which I can follow/like to get updates on Syria (from both viewpoints if possible)? Thanks :smile:
Reply 457
Original post by Zabaar
Does anyone know of any good twitter or facebook accounts which I can follow/like to get updates on Syria (from both viewpoints if possible)? Thanks :smile:

solidarity for a free syria (FB)
Reply 458
Original post by Ama2007
Coming from someone who supports Gaddifia....not very credible I must say :tongue:

quiet fool, what do you westerners know whats happening their, idiot! just let the bbc propaganda machine brainwash you, long live bashar!
Reply 459
Original post by g4adaffi
quiet fool, what do you westerners know whats happening their, idiot! just let the bbc propaganda machine brainwash you, long live bashar!

Since when did pro-gaddifi hooligans became experts on syrian affairs? Have you ever been to syria? I doubt... Have you any knowledge about syria apart from your brainwashed comments? I doubt...

Bashar is nothing like Gaddafi....

Gaddafi is an angel compared to Assad, he was fighting for his own cause his own green book, he had some democracy going on but not to the extent people wanted, even then He got his fair share which should be a lesson for every tyrant and oppressor!

I just wish the syrians learn from the libyans that this is not how you deal with mass killers and oppressors...they get a different kind of treatment.

Your not worth holding a discussion with if you blatantly support a mass killer.

Today alone...60 kids were killed in a massacre by Bashar al-assad. The youngest was a 2 week old baby. His mother died under the rubble :frown:

You dont need no BBC to tell you that killing kids is a criminal act no matter what religion they are or what race they belong to or what a 2 week year old baby's ideology is:rolleyes:?

FYI: I hardly go on BBC...never mind read the news on their website....:tongue:

May they rest in peace!
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending