The Student Room Group

Graduation dilemma?

I think my graduation is too much hassle.... I hated uni and had no friends I never went uni but I passed.
I was never fussed about going to the ceremony bit my parents were keen but now they have split and there's so much conflict. I get 2 free tickets so if they both come I'd want my bf so they'd be civil but then that's extra money for another person. It's Al a 2 hr 30 min drive from where I live now so fuel money and I'd want to not drive there n back as I'd have to drive but if I stay in a hotel that's more money. And I have a dog... so if both parents and bf come there's no one to have dog (I won't do a kennel) so I'd have to oay fir 2 nights at a dog friendly and that's just money I'd rather not spend. And money to hire the gown and all.

It honestly just seems such a hassle and a waste of money for me especially when I down feel proud bc I literally skived uni dk hoe I passed and I have no friends to celebrate with. I've only had a debate about going because my parents were pressuring now they've gone it's up to you we get it's stressful. Mum also doesn't really want to go with my dad so it's a bit awkward.

So do poeple think id regret going? For me personally does it sound worth it? Like I will end up spending 200 which I don't have anyways. My parents don't have money so they can't help. It's hassle and money for nothing right??
Reply 1
Original post by Iamamazing22
I think my graduation is too much hassle.... I hated uni and had no friends I never went uni but I passed.
I was never fussed about going to the ceremony bit my parents were keen but now they have split and there's so much conflict. I get 2 free tickets so if they both come I'd want my bf so they'd be civil but then that's extra money for another person. It's Al a 2 hr 30 min drive from where I live now so fuel money and I'd want to not drive there n back as I'd have to drive but if I stay in a hotel that's more money. And I have a dog... so if both parents and bf come there's no one to have dog (I won't do a kennel) so I'd have to oay fir 2 nights at a dog friendly and that's just money I'd rather not spend. And money to hire the gown and all.

It honestly just seems such a hassle and a waste of money for me especially when I down feel proud bc I literally skived uni dk hoe I passed and I have no friends to celebrate with. I've only had a debate about going because my parents were pressuring now they've gone it's up to you we get it's stressful. Mum also doesn't really want to go with my dad so it's a bit awkward.

So do poeple think id regret going? For me personally does it sound worth it? Like I will end up spending 200 which I don't have anyways. My parents don't have money so they can't help. It's hassle and money for nothing right??

Totally do what you feel is right. It is just a day, and only special if it means something to you. For my undergrad i didnt go, as did not want to travel and also did my online so didnt really know anyone there either. 6 years later still dont regret it.

Take care,

Greg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending