The Student Room Group

JP Morgan A-level Insight Day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by printergirl
how do i contact them? my fare will cost around £8 each day...

edit
ive just read the email 'You must book your travel within 48 hours / two working days of having your place at an assessment event confirmed by the RBS Early Career Team. ' i guess its too late! however it doesnt say anything about being in london and not allowed to book through them
they also say they'll reimburse london underground tickets on the day, why not train tickets then?

Seriously? I've been holding off booking the travel thing till finding out about accommodation. No point booking train tickets for the first evening if I'm staying in London. Not sure what to do now.
anyone have any idea what the test will be?
anyone have any idea what the test will be?

I had visions of Numerical and Verbal Psychometrics but I guess they could do an AC type activity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
I had visions of Numerical and Verbal Psychometrics but I guess they could do an AC type activity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is ac? so theres no way we can actually prepare?
on the timetable, what is the 'bank you build' challenge, i hope its a group activity rather than us having to do it individually, im quite nervous about these two days, when i applied i just thought we could network and work shadow!
what is ac? so theres no way we can actually prepare?
on the timetable, what is the 'bank you build' challenge, i hope its a group activity rather than us having to do it individually, im quite nervous about these two days, when i applied i just thought we could network and work shadow!

AC = Assessment Centre.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just relax, no one expects you to be amazing or anything. I don't know what that challenge is but I imagine it to be a group activity. As far as the interview goes, just prepare some answers and you can practice psychometrics online through SHL, Kenexa or Assessment Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AC = Assessment Centre.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just relax, no one expects you to be amazing or anything. I don't know what that challenge is but I imagine it to be a group activity. As far as the interview goes, just prepare some answers and you can practice psychometrics online through SHL, Kenexa or Assessment Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

one more question the start time is 10.15-11 so we can get there any time between? or does it mean get there by 10.15?
one more question the start time is 10.15-11 so we can get there any time between? or does it mean get there by 10.15?

Get there any time in that period but the earlier, the better really, most people are usually early :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Get there any time in that period but the earlier, the better really, most people are usually early :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On your briefing does it say 7:30am start for Friday? Just need to make sure that I am not imagining it and it does really say that!
Original post by polecon
On your briefing does it say 7:30am start for Friday? Just need to make sure that I am not imagining it and it does really say that!

Yeah, it does, haha, 6.15 train for me :frown:
Reply 209
Original post by Part A
Accommodation sorted, travel sorted... see you guys on Thursday.

just fyi i got moved to thursday so everything's sorted :biggrin:

is any one staying at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel? it says to drop bags off before the event starts but im not sure if ill have the time :s
Reply 210
Yeah, it does, haha, 6.15 train for me :frown:

My train will probably be the same time.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you bringing with you?
Original post by polecon

I'm basically bringing myself obviously and a bag with some snacks in with the briefing sheet, pen, paper, CV and that's about it. They'll probably give us all that but just in case.
I'm basically bringing myself obviously and a bag with some snacks in with the briefing sheet, pen, paper, CV and that's about it. They'll probably give us all that but just in case.

Original post by polecon

does anyone know what the building looks like, i looked at google street view but that didnt help, and the postcode is EC2M 3TP, i have no clue as to how to get there from liverpool street underground station

and what background research/preparting are you doing any good links or suggestions for me?
does anyone know what the building looks like, i looked at google street view but that didnt help, and the postcode is EC2M 3TP, i have no clue as to how to get there from liverpool street underground station

and what background research/preparting are you doing any good links or suggestions for me?

It's like a kind of traingle shaped building, haha. It has a little thing outside it that has the temperature on it and says RBS. Google Image 'RBS London Bishopsgate', you can't miss it. Google Map 'RBS, Bishopsgate, London' and not the postcode.

Not really, just think of good examples for questions, practice tests online and look at their website to find out some information.
Reply 214

are you a boy or a girl
Reply 215
It's like a kind of traingle shaped building, haha. It has a little thing outside it that has the temperature on it and says RBS. Google Image 'RBS London Bishopsgate', you can't miss it. Google Map 'RBS, Bishopsgate, London' and not the postcode.

Not really, just think of good examples for questions, practice tests online and look at their website to find out some information.

RBS do have offices at 135 Bishopsgate as well. This is so confusing. Luckily im going on the 12th and 13th so could one of you guys going tomorrow let us know where we are actually meant to go!
Original post by EM1995
RBS do have offices at 135 Bishopsgate as well. This is so confusing. Luckily im going on the 12th and 13th so could one of you guys going tomorrow let us know where we are actually meant to go!

Yeah, will do. Pretty sure the other building is next door anyway? Haha. So will just go in and hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
Yeah, will do. Pretty sure the other building is next door anyway? Haha. So will just go in and hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I think they're just across the street from each other. Cheers pal and good luck.
anyone got any useful sites for info on rbs?
anyone got any useful sites for info on rbs?

http://www.rbs.com

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending