The Student Room Group

The EDM society

Hey guys!

Didnt see any thread on here to do with Electronic Dance Music as a whole...... So here we are!!

If ya wondering what EDM (Electronic Dance Music) is, here is a list of genres associated with it;
-Dubstep
-Electro House
-Hardstyle
-Moombahton
-Drum & Bass
-Deep House
-Techno
-And many more tunage ya can rave to :smile:

This thread is all about your views on EDM and artists and songs ya love, so spill the beans!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Armin van Buuren and ASOT make me happy.
Noisia, so versatile they can go from dnb to house to dubstep and when you hear it you can its one of theirs straight away.
Reply 3
Original post by TheNacho63

Second :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TheNacho63

I'll third this and add Above & Beyond's Group Therapy
Reply 5
Original post by Mockery

I will see your Above & Beyond's Group Therapy and raise you Markus Schulz's Global DJ Broadcast :wink:

edit: not that I'm saying Markus Schulz is better than A&B.
Reply 6
Original post by Mockery

Ah, there's this really nice remix going round of 'There's a thing called love' in sets by Gareth Emery, Arty, Dash Berlin, etc. You wouldn't happen to know what it is would you? :smile:

Edit: ah nevermind, I've found it and it's a mashup

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by IcEmAn911
Ah, there's this really nice remix going round of 'There's a thing called love' in sets by Gareth Emery, Arty, Dash Berlin, etc. You wouldn't happen to know what it is would you? :smile:

Edit: ah nevermind, I've found it and it's a mashup

Clicked a very perky arse that appeared after the end of that video which led me to this fantastic tune that I haven't heard in ages.

[video="youtube;ReqPNqp8v14"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqPNqp8v14[/video]
Reply 9
This is an absolute classic from Solarstone. I think this is the version which Markus Schulz played at Tomorrowland a week or so ago :smile:

Original post by Mockery
Clicked a very perky arse that appeared after the end of that video which led me to this fantastic tune that I haven't heard in ages.

[video="youtube;ReqPNqp8v14"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqPNqp8v14[/video]

Ah this is such a classic. I'd love to hear PVD play this in a few weeks time at SW4 :biggrin:
Actually this was the one which Markus Schulz played at Tomorrowland :smile: But the one I linked to is still a wicked track!

Reply 12
Original post by Mockery

:sexface:
Reply 13
The one that started it all for me.

ABGT050 - 12 weeks left...
Reply 15
Original post by JKGB
The one that started it all for me.

We have a lot in common then :lol:

Here's another that initially sparked my interest and curiosity for trance:

[video="youtube;QKwK-ZhTurg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKwK-ZhTurg&list=PLeUXFNGOIsejByOb66RcRrPc9c FV7bsUV[/video]
Reply 16
Original post by RossClements
Noisia, so versatile they can go from dnb to house to dubstep and when you hear it you can its one of theirs straight away.

Exactly.
I've been listening to them since 2009 :h:
When it comes to Trance Music, I came across Tiesto back in 2005/06 through an old friend of mine who introduced me to 'Traffic' and this was the single track which started my whole journey into the world of Trance.

Since then I became hooked on DJ Tiesto and seeing him in 2006 in Edinburgh during his Elements of Life World Tour was an absolute highlight of my life especially as it was my very first ever Trance Event and what a way to kick things off, 6-7 hours of Tiesto being supported by JES.

From then onwards, I started venturing further into Trance and this whole #TranceFamily movement where we unite and show our love for DJ's/Groups such as Armin van Buuren, Markus Schulz, Above and Beyond, Dash Berlin, Orjan Nilsen, Omnia, Richard Durand, Andrew Rayel, Simon Patterson, Ferry Corsten, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Mat Zo, Arty and the list goes on and on. A few months ago I then developed my own society known as The UK Trance Music Society where we travel to events around the UK as well as abroad and this helped spur me on even more and I'm sure one day this will bankrupt me!!! I also listen to ASOT every week along with other Podcasts such as Aly & Fila's Future Sound of Egypt, Gareth Emery's Podcast, Ben Gold's Podcast, Markus Schulz's GDJB and of course live sets through Soundcloud from festivals such as EDC, Tomorrowland and Nature one :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by IcEmAn911
When it comes to Trance Music, I came across Tiesto back in 2005/06 through an old friend of mine who introduced me to 'Traffic' and this was the single track which started my whole journey into the world of Trance.

Since then I became hooked on DJ Tiesto and seeing him in 2006 in Edinburgh during his Elements of Life World Tour was an absolute highlight of my life especially as it was my very first ever Trance Event and what a way to kick things off, 6-7 hours of Tiesto being supported by JES.

I can't commend Tiesto enough for being responsible in the shaping and solidifying of my passion for trance.

[video="youtube;9KqGmwi_Z5w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KqGmwi_Z5w[/video]

Legend, regardless of his recent deviation from Trance.
Best trance album I ever bought was ASOT 2009. Some really really really great tracks on that one

Miami Vibe (Omnia Remix) - Monogato

Riddles in the Sand - Ron Hagen & Pascal M

The Fractal Universe - Mat Zo

Sunset Boulevard - Alex M.O.R.P.H. feat. Ana Criado

Faces - Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon

Addicted - Signum

Circles (Andy Blueman Remix) - Robert Nickson

Blade Runner - Dreastic

...just to name a few
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest