The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE - Transom House

Hey, anyone been offered Transom House for accommodation because they was late in getting there offer in? Not sure whether to take the offer or just find my own accommodation.
Original post by Tannerz
Hey, anyone been offered Transom House for accommodation because they was late in getting there offer in? Not sure whether to take the offer or just find my own accommodation.

hey! I'm in Transom House.. I really fancied marketgate, but transom looks lovely on the unite webpage, I've just created a group on Facebook to see who else are in transom, hopefully other people will join the group!
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Im still undecided whether or not to take Transom or find somewhere else! No where is close to Frenchay so looking more likely going to be in Transom. What flat did they offer you?
Reply 3
No worries, going to accept Transom, looks decent.
Original post by Tannerz
Im still undecided whether or not to take Transom or find somewhere else! No where is close to Frenchay so looking more likely going to be in Transom. What flat did they offer you?

Sorry about the late reply. Frenchay have on-site accommodation perhaps you could look into that if you don't like Transom House. I'm in Bower Ashton it's a shame they don't have on-site accommodation. I'm in flat 304. How about you?
Reply 5
Naa, i'm just going to take Transom, looks decent enough and has some decent places right near it. I'm in 104, still can't find anyone on the FB freshers group that is in the same room and there is only another 4 or 5 that have said that they are in Transom.
Reply 6
I have a Transom offer but it is in a room with 2 guys, I'm sure that will be loads of fun..:confused:

Anyone in 306 or nearby? Part of me wants to reject and hold out for Frenchay...
Original post by Tannerz
Naa, i'm just going to take Transom, looks decent enough and has some decent places right near it. I'm in 104, still can't find anyone on the FB freshers group that is in the same room and there is only another 4 or 5 that have said that they are in Transom.

Haha yeah it does, I've noticed no one seems to be talking about Transom house, its all about marketgate this year from what I've read. I have no clue who's in my halls of residence either. Quite worrying.. would of liked to get to have known people before I arrived there.
Original post by christanmu
I have a Transom offer but it is in a room with 2 guys, I'm sure that will be loads of fun..:confused:

Anyone in 306 or nearby? Part of me wants to reject and hold out for Frenchay...

There is either 4 or five to a hall.. don't worry! you might be in luck, there might be a girl! haha, I don't know who's in my halls of residence.. how did you find out?
I'm in 304 so I'm not far away from you! If you don't feel happy where you are they usually change you room:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Bethanchelsey
There is either 4 or five to a hall.. don't worry! you might be in luck, there might be a girl! haha, I don't know who's in my halls of residence.. how did you find out?
I'm in 304 so I'm not far away from you! If you don't feel happy where you are they usually change you room:smile:

It's a 4 room hall, but on Unite it says there are only 2 people in it, and they still haven't offered my room up despite my reservation 'expiring', so i'm guessing they aren't exactly full to the brim! I'm gonna, hold out until results day then ring!

I'm not even fussed about it being a girl; just 4 guys that have never met eachother, it could be kind of weird - I don't really have any interest in boys either they are too focused on sex and alcohol, whereas my friends and I are a little more refined :tongue: What are you taking?
Original post by christanmu
It's a 4 room hall, but on Unite it says there are only 2 people in it, and they still haven't offered my room up despite my reservation 'expiring', so i'm guessing they aren't exactly full to the brim! I'm gonna, hold out until results day then ring!

I'm not even fussed about it being a girl; just 4 guys that have never met eachother, it could be kind of weird - I don't really have any interest in boys either they are too focused on sex and alcohol, whereas my friends and I are a little more refined :tongue: What are you taking?

Oh, I see.. The hall I am in is a 5 room hall.. I've noticed that room 'A' hasn't got anybody in it.. You could always ring up and see if you could swap halls? Or even come into the one that I'm in, might be easier considering we've spoke over here. haha!
I've also paid the deposit so I'll definitely be there:smile:
I'm taking graphic design in Bower Ashton.. hopefully some one in my halls will be in the same campus as me.. don't fancy being stuck in the city on a bus full of people I don't know alone.. how about you, what are you studying?
Original post by Bethanchelsey
Oh, I see.. The hall I am in is a 5 room hall.. I've noticed that room 'A' hasn't got anybody in it.. You could always ring up and see if you could swap halls? Or even come into the one that I'm in, might be easier considering we've spoke over here. haha!
I've also paid the deposit so I'll definitely be there:smile:
I'm taking graphic design in Bower Ashton.. hopefully some one in my halls will be in the same campus as me.. don't fancy being stuck in the city on a bus full of people I don't know alone.. how about you, what are you studying?

Hmm well I have managed to blag myself until Thursday to pay, so I have the chance to see if I can get into Frenchay through clearing.. Are you with girls or mixed? But yeah definitely agree it would be a lot better to know somebody before we go :tongue:

I'm doing Law at Frenchay sowwwy, totally feel the bus thing though haha :tongue: I've only ever been to Bristol once and didn't exactly walk around.. Miiiight be getting lost!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending