The Student Room Group

Can i study A levels by only using books..

Can i study A levels by only using books and past papers no tutors or teachers. i have a problem i got 3 A-C in IGCSE but i am gonna retake 2 exams in november the results will be released on january therefore i cant apply to a college until September 2014 so i plan to apply in september 2014 for A2 levels
Reply 1
Hi Farid1996,

It's certainly possible, but you may have to use more motivation if you don't have a tutor. Also, you'll have to make sure you understand the syllabus and perhaps do some background reading to enforce that. Looking at a variety of past papers to gage the type of questions you could be asked in the exam will also help :smile: good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course you can, my school is so damn **** I had to study everything from books anyway -.-

It's possible, MUCH more rewarding, more interesting, makes you more independent.

And when you get your results you can go 'hehe, that was all me, HUEHUEHUEHUE HOOOOOHOOOO MWUAHAHAHA'
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lord Frieza
Of course you can, my school is so damn sh!t I had to study everything from books anyway -.-

It's possible, MUCH more rewarding, more interesting, makes you more independent.

And when you get your results you can go 'hehe, that was all me, HUEHUEHUEHUE HOOOOOHOOOO MWUAHAHAHA'

I completely agree, with the help I got from my college I would've probably only got C's maybe B's in my easiest subjects and D's in my hardest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farid1996
Can i study A levels by only using books and past papers no tutors or teachers. i have a problem i got 3 A-C in IGCSE but i am gonna retake 2 exams in november the results will be released on january therefore i cant apply to a college until September 2014 so i plan to apply in september 2014 for A2 levels

Of course you can ! I studied without tutors and got awesome results :smile: the trick is determination. Remember that those books are written by the exam board, or people with experience with the exam board, so anything you need to know is in the books. Learn them and you're sorted.
Reply 5
Thanks guys really helpful.
Reply 6
It depends on the subject. Whether it requires some understanding or just plain memorization.
Yeah if you have difficulty with certain topics try exercising different sources.

Quick Reply

Latest