The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone recieved an email from Ucas?
If it makes anyone feel better, SKY and BBC News said that this year more applicants are getting into universities more than ever before! Meaning more good grades for everybody. *yay*
How much sleep did you guys get? I only got around 3 hours XD.
Original post by ythursday
got aad (whoops politics went from an a at as to a d :tongue: ) needed aab, but sheffield let me in anyway!

Theoretical physics here i come!!!!!

yay,. Down it fresherr!!
Will the results come by post if i am overseas student?
Reply 1145
Help!
I just got a place at my firm which I'm so happy about but i also got a place at my insurance. Do i need to phone up my insurance or something to let them know i'm not going to attend?
Finally got through to my firm after like 1 hour of trying. They STILL havent made a decision about my application. I thought they got results on saturday? Will wait until mid-day and try again. If they havent decided and i decide to ask them to release me, would all the good clearing places be gone by tomorrow? What a crap position to be in right now! :angry:
Original post by Chezsa
Help!
I just got a place at my firm which I'm so happy about but i also got a place at my insurance. Do i need to phone up my insurance or something to let them know i'm not going to attend?

Nope, you shouldn't need to. Your insurance will be informed that your firm accepted you unconditionally.
Original post by Chezsa
Help!

No. If firm is willing to take you they automatically priority, no need to contact insurance.
Original post by Infamous12
Finally got through to my firm after like 1 hour of trying. They STILL havent made a decision about my application. I thought they got results on saturday? Will wait until mid-day and try again. If they havent decided and i decide to ask them to release me, would all the good clearing places be gone by tomorrow? What a crap position to be in right now! :angry:

Nope there should still be loads of places available. Clearing won't open until 5. :smile:
Reply 1150
A*AA can't believe it, proudest moment of my life so far
Reply 1151
Still waiting on Warwick to decide whether or not to let me go. Got A*A*B2 when I needed A*A*A2. When is the latest I can expect track to be updated with the decision by?
Got rejected from both unis amd can't apply through clearing because I haven't been released by my insurance even though I asked them to release me 30 mins ago :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ermahgerd
ermah****ernggerd
2 UMS off an A* on the art
two ****ing UMS
I mean, I still got in, but I worked so ****ing hard for an A* and just didn't get it.

and yeah. been doing a lot of retakes, that was my third attempt at C3 actually
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1154
Original post by Ecosse_14
Nope, you shouldn't need to. Your insurance will be informed that your firm accepted you unconditionally.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by 123456789012
That's very nice! Well done. I got AAAB as well, and the B was in the subject I wanted to carry on with at A2. We're pretty much in the same situation. :beer:

Well done to you too! I think I'm going to carry on with it regardless, as if I retake one unit it should be fine. It is annoying though.
Reply 1156
Accepted by my firm and rejected by my insurance, haha. A bit cheeky :P! I spent ages trying to use ucas.ac.uk and wondering why it wouldn't load
Congratulations and commiserations where appropriate. To some things may seem bleak, even unfair at the moment but almost everyone ends up enjoying themselves wherever they end up and can't imagine having gone anywhere else.
I got ABB (only 7 marks away from AAB but I won't think about that for now hehe) :woo::woo::woo:
Original post by Robbie242
im so nervous 1 hour till I get the bus to get to my school to pick up my AS-levels. I have to prove 5 teachers wrong

look em in the eye like a BOSS!

Latest