The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Accommodation

Who else is staying in vine court? ... Also who else is studying law and business?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rywoolley1
Who else is staying in vine court? ... Also who else is studying law and business?

Ooo hi, I'm staying in Vine Court too! But I'm studying accounting and finance.. Still in the same building though! :smile: I'm so excited for uni now, did you receive your welcome pack today?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
I've been offered Vine Court catered, but I really don't want to go. I dunno what to do, do I swap with someone, or do I just go? I wanted Self-Catered and I'm not really willing to settle for anything else.
Reply 3
Original post by daehnerys
I've been offered Vine Court catered, but I really don't want to go. I dunno what to do, do I swap with someone, or do I just go? I wanted Self-Catered and I'm not really willing to settle for anything else.

Call them up and ask if they can swap you!

You could always go for private halls if that fails.
Reply 4
Original post by daehnerys

Call them up and tell them. Loads of people have been given the opportunity to change and I'm sure they'll be able to change yours too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'll be studying Law and Business! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Do you know anyone else starting i dont know anyone! :-( haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by rachelxoxo
Call them up and tell them. Loads of people have been given the opportunity to change and I'm sure they'll be able to change yours too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't given the option to change. I REALLY wanted to go on campus and self-catered, but got off-campus and catered. Called up twice and refused point blank to change me despite there still being places in self-catered halls. It was more of a take-it-or-leave-it attitude when I rang.
Reply 8
Original post by KittKatt
I wasn't given the option to change. I REALLY wanted to go on campus and self-catered, but got off-campus and catered. Called up twice and refused point blank to change me despite there still being places in self-catered halls. It was more of a take-it-or-leave-it attitude when I rang.

There are private halls which you can look to stay at instead!
Reply 9
Original post by Kyalimers
There are private halls which you can look to stay at instead!

I'll be going into my first year - I don't really want to stay in private halls as I need to make new friends and don't have anyone to live with anyway and I also don't want to live alone. That would be depressing.
I'll be going into my first year - I don't really want to stay in private halls as I need to make new friends and don't have anyone to live with anyway and I also don't want to live alone. That would be depressing.

It's a non-issue really. There's plenty of people who live in private halls for their first year. Sure, it's not the same but it's better than living somewhere you don't want to! And you don't have to be in a group to live in private halls. For example, you can request that you want to stay with only girls and they try to accommodate that usually.

And lastly, you'll always make friends on your course regardless of where you live!
Reply 11
Original post by Kyalimers
It's a non-issue really. There's plenty of people who live in private halls for their first year. Sure, it's not the same but it's better than living somewhere you don't want to! And you don't have to be in a group to live in private halls. For example, you can request that you want to stay with only girls and they try to accommodate that usually.

And lastly, you'll always make friends on your course regardless of where you live!
Probably more expensive though. And meh. And I really don't mind it being 'all girls' or not. I actually put on my accommodation form that I wanted mixed.
Probably more expensive though. And meh. And I really don't mind it being 'all girls' or not. I actually put on my accommodation form that I wanted mixed.

T'was only an example :tongue:. It's probably the same price, if not cheaper. Uni accom is ridiculously priced because they know most students will go for it in 1st year! Anyhow, the decision is yours -was only giving some options :smile:
Original post by rachelxoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

orly?

I wanted self-catered accommodation at campus, they were nice enough to offer me Vine Court but catered for instead. When I called up to ask them to change to self-catered, they said I'll have to go on a waiting list until the end of October, and even then being on a waiting list isn't a guarantee.

My friend wanted the same choices as mine, they ended up on a student village with catered for.
Reply 14
Original post by RedSovietSpiderman
orly?

I wanted self-catered accommodation at campus, they were nice enough to offer me Vine Court but catered for instead. When I called up to ask them to change to self-catered, they said I'll have to go on a waiting list until the end of October, and even then being on a waiting list isn't a guarantee.

My friend wanted the same choices as mine, they ended up on a student village with catered for.

Hmm, you are lucky because most people wanted Vine Court and didn't get it. This sounds wrong but try calling them and say that you want self catered cos you have special food requirements e.g. allergic to certain foods, ingredients etc. It might work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
anyone know how far vine court is from the medical/sherrington building???
Original post by aqila
anyone know how far vine court is from the medical/sherrington building???

About 15 minutes walk.
Reply 17

I was the same but after going down to the accommodation office and explaining (which didn't get me very far) and speaking to a different person on the phone, I was ready to just accept the off-campus catered until I got a phone call this morning saying I'd been put on a waiting list (which nobody had told me) and was offered a room in Prospect Point. You never know, it might be worth giving it another go and phoning again to see if there are any on-campus self-catered rooms available. Hope this helps.
Reply 18
Original post by zararose
I was the same but after going down to the accommodation office and explaining (which didn't get me very far) and speaking to a different person on the phone, I was ready to just accept the off-campus catered until I got a phone call this morning saying I'd been put on a waiting list (which nobody had told me) and was offered a room in Prospect Point. You never know, it might be worth giving it another go and phoning again to see if there are any on-campus self-catered rooms available. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! I accepted the place and then found a place in private halls through UNITE which is on-campus and self-catered. I rang Liverpool again and told them I didn't want the room they offered me, so basically cancelled the room :smile:
Reply 19
Thanks for the info! I accepted the place and then found a place in private halls through UNITE which is on-campus and self-catered. I rang Liverpool again and told them I didn't want the room they offered me, so basically cancelled the room :smile:

That's great, where are you staying now then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending