The Student Room Group

Result not as expected, what can I do?

Thanks for the neg. How immature.

I''m unsure if anyone else had been in this situation and can offer any advice, but I figured I'd try.
Today, I received my results, and I looked down at the piece of paper to be faced with A*, A*... and a B.
The B was in Art and Design. I'm completely distraught. Last year I banked a pretty good A, and all the way through this year I've thought that my standard of work hasn't worsened, only improved, and although you can't be told your grade from the first or the second unit, I thought I was going to keep my A. I handed my work in every week to be marked and I consistently received "A" from my teacher, so today, much to my surprise, I've ended up with a B.
Part of my work was also put away to be shown as an example to other students.. so I can't understand why they would do this if it was a B grade? I worked so so hard, certainly not to end up with a B.
I've emailed my teacher, and I'm eagerly waiting a reply to see what has gone on.
Does anyone know what options I have in order to get the grade I believe I deserve? I understand it's not as simple as requesting a re-mark for a particular exam, so I'm unsure if anything can even be done.
This has really put a downer on my day. I can't believe it. :frown:
Thanks in advance for any help. I hope you've got the grades you needed/hoped for.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by badbodydouble
Thanks for the neg. How immature.

I''m unsure if anyone else had been in this situation and can offer any advice, but I figured I'd try.
Today, I received my results, and I looked down at the piece of paper to be faced with A*, A*... and a B.
The B was in Art and Design. I'm completely distraught. Last year I banked a pretty good A, and all the way through this year I've thought that my standard of work hasn't worsened, only improved, and although you can't be told your grade from the first or the second unit, I thought I was going to keep my A. I handed my work in every week to be marked and I consistently received "A" from my teacher, so today, much to my surprise, I've ended up with a B.
Part of my work was also put away to be shown as an example to other students.. so I can't understand why they would do this if it was a B grade? I worked so so hard, certainly not to end up with a B.
I've emailed my teacher, and I'm eagerly waiting a reply to see what has gone on.
Does anyone know what options I have in order to get the grade I believe I deserve? I understand it's not as simple as requesting a re-mark for a particular exam, so I'm unsure if anything can even be done.
This has really put a downer on my day. I can't believe it. :frown:
Thanks in advance for any help. I hope you've got the grades you needed/hoped for.

Take a look at the thread here for some general guidance: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312328

Do you have any specific questions following that?
Original post by Illusionary
Take a look at the thread here for some general guidance: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312328

Do you have any specific questions following that?

Yes. Does the EAR 3 check apply to Art and Design?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by badbodydouble
Yes. Does the EAR 3 check apply to Art and Design?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest