The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by Lifeisgood:)
Yeah, I know right?? For like 2 weeks this summer I was looking at all the details of the course, the societies, about the college, the bars and basically getting my hopes up prematurely but now... it's actually happening! :h: They are, aren't they? :smile: Looking forward to matriculation in the cathedral on the 2nd? :biggrin: Yeah, nice short walk from the science site... That's what I like :smile:

Those are the best kind of results days aren't they? The kind where the results exceed you expectations! :biggrin: Awww thank you! :smile: I got 2A*s (Maths and Biol) and 2As (Chem and Phys)... The A* in Biol was a bit of a shock lol cos I have not got 90+UMS on any of the papers I did before this summer :L

Haha yes I did exactly the same! Although looking at the course content I've realised that I've seriously forgotten so much chemistry - I might need to go over my notes a few times before we go! :P Have you thought about which option modules you want to do yet? I don't know whether I want to do the molecules in action one or something else :colondollar:

Oh yes I'm looking forward to matriculation so much! Also can't wait to get a gown :biggrin: I'm going to feel like Harry Potter :P Is Collingwood a gowned college? Haha yes location was a deciding factor in college choice :P

I know, definitely! :biggrin: Those are amazing results, well done! Yeah same for me with maths, thought I'd failed C4! :dontknow:
Reply 2041
My conditional offer is still AAB, I got A*A*C ..uni is still making a decision, going to ring then up tomorrow. Do you guys think ill still be considered even though I dropped a grade? :/
Original post by Sabeena
My conditional offer is still AAB, I got A*A*C ..uni is still making a decision, going to ring then up tomorrow. Do you guys think ill still be considered even though I dropped a grade? :/

Depends on the uni :/ my conditional offer was AAB I got ABC and was accepted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2043
Guys on results plus direct it says
"NO DRILLDOWN|IMPORTANT NOTICE: To view your grade results click 'My results'.
PLEASE NOTE: Your detailed analysis reports will not be available until Friday evening."
What do they mean by Friday evening? Tomorrow night? It could have sworn it used to say that we can view our results analysis the day after results day so that should be in two hours?
Any ideas?
Reply 2044
Original post by Tennisisthesport
Depends on the uni :/ my conditional offer was AAB I got ABC and was accepted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right congrats to you! :smile: .. Aston is my firm & I really want to get in. Going to have to wait till tomorrow it seems.. Sleepless night ahead:frown:
Original post by Chris-69
At AS I ended up with BBBC in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Ended up taking BBC in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Managed to get predicted grades of AAB, applied to Manchester for Chem Eng, got an interview and managed to get an offer of AAA.

Managed to achieve AAA today which I never in a million years thought I'd end up with at the end of AS. Something to think about for those disappointed with their AS results! Don't think many people thought I could go up two grades in Maths, gladly proved them wrong!

It's so satisfying when you prove someone wrong. I agree it's never too late to turn it all around. Congratulations on your results and getting into university.
Original post by Sabeena
Oh right congrats to you! :smile: .. Aston is my firm & I really want to get in. Going to have to wait till tomorrow it seems.. Sleepless night ahead:frown:

Good luck :smile: I got my results at 6 this morning and thought I hadn't got into either of my unis, after panicking for 2 hours until track updated I could finally relax :wink: I'm sure u will do fine :smile: have you heard of anyone else going there that has dropped a grade and still got a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2047
Original post by Tennisisthesport
Good luck :smile: I got my results at 6 this morning and thought I hadn't got into either of my unis, after panicking for 2 hours until track updated I could finally relax :wink: I'm sure u will do fine :smile: have you heard of anyone else going there that has dropped a grade and still got a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: & nope not as of yet.. My teachers though said that someone had two grades lower than their offer and still got into their firm so I'm jus praying for tomorrow. Aston is also one of the clearing unis as of many so I hope they'll be a little lenient towards me seeing as got two grades higher than they asked :tongue:
Original post by fatimaja
Okay, so I got:
History A
Biology A
English B
Chemistry B

My english is 3 marks off an A and im sending it for remark, so hopefully should go up, and dropping chemistry. I want to apply for international relations and am really keen on Cambridge. Does anyone have any idea of my chances? The offer they give is A*AA, and Im pretty sure that I think I'll be predicted 2 A*'s for A2 but I know they do look at AS ums', so does anyone have any advice? Thanks and hope everyone got what they wanted.

Also, did anyone actually get an A in chem for aqa? Havent met anyone that has yet :/

*** sorry, im applying for IR for other unis, I meant HSPS for Cambridge, any advice pleeease? :smile:
Reply 2049
To those of you upset with AS results;
I got ABBC at AS in psychology, maths,biology and chemistry
Dropped the A in psychology for A2, and carried forward BBC
Ended up getting A*A*A in maths bio chemistry.
Its possible brahs
Reply 2050
Original post by fatimaja
Okay, so I got:
History A
Biology A
English B
Chemistry B

My english is 3 marks off an A and im sending it for remark, so hopefully should go up, and dropping chemistry. I want to apply for international relations and am really keen on Cambridge. Does anyone have any idea of my chances? The offer they give is A*AA, and Im pretty sure that I think I'll be predicted 2 A*'s for A2 but I know they do look at AS ums', so does anyone have any advice? Thanks and hope everyone got what they wanted.

Also, did anyone actually get an A in chem for aqa? Havent met anyone that has yet :/

I did overall for AS I resit it along side doing A2. I got a high B overall :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Hi guys hope u had good results. Can sme1 help me in my problem i got A*AA in A level and my uni asked me to get AAA and a C in english. I highly doubt dat i will get C in my next week gcse results but does any1 think dey will still accept me with a D in gcse english since i got higher grades in A level dan what dey asked me to get

My firm uni is city university london and my course is accounting and finance
Original post by Dilzo999
It's so satisfying when you prove someone wrong. I agree it's never too late to turn it all around. Congratulations on your results and getting into university.

It is! Some of my teachers had little faith in me and its all good feeling to achieve in spite of that.. And thank you very much! :smile:
Can someone please help me?! I have really random AS results and now I have no clue what kind of uni entry requirements I should be looking at! :frown: I got an A in photography (full marks in coursework) a C in psychology (A in one exam and D in the other) and a D in English Language which i'm retaking. Most entry requirements i'm looking are BBB/ABB/ABC etc however because i'm thinking for my overall a-level i'm probably gonna get an A* in photography, a B/C in psychology and a C in English, should I be looking at courses with higher or lower entry requirements? Would unis with a BBB requirement or something similar accept A*CC/A*BC? I've got quite a good personal statement as I'm a house captain, prefect etc and have done skydiving for charity and all that extra-curricular stuff they like (without sounding cocky) so I don't know?! I still don't know what I want to do at uni and entry requirements are a huge factor in my decision so can someone who's been in a similar situation to me previously or knows anything about this help me out?! My future depends on this and i'd be really grateful! Thank you :smile:
Aab (b was two marks off an a for chemistry), should I still apply for medicine? Also have an a in English AS, which I took in year 11.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi guys!
I am at AS Level and i got:
Biology: A (262/300)
Maths: A (262/300)
Chemistry : B (223/300)
Physics: B (217/300)

I want to do medicine in university, do you think i stand a good chance considering i only have work exp at a dentist and a consultancy? Honest truth please. :biggrin:

Thanks in advance
Reply 2056
Original post by Nick5757
Maths: Physics:
Unit 1: 98 Unit 1: 96
Unit 2: 100 Unit 2: 106
Mechanics 1: 83 Unit 3: 47

Chemistry DT Product Design
Unit 1 83 RM1 90/120
Unit 2 118 RM2 40/80
Unit 3 46

Absolutely delighted with my AS exam results in maths, chemistry and physics but am absolutely perplexed by DT tried so hard to make my coursework (RM1) perfect and nail the exam which I thought went really well. Did anyone else take edexcel DT Product Design and get a below-expected result OR have I just stuffed this subject up (wouldn’t be the first time)?

Congratulations to everyone regardless of what you achieved facing exams isn’t easy and these results play a big step in our lives.

Hi there, I also did DT:tongue:roduct design and got far lower than i expected. My teacher's only started teaching the syllabus 2 weeks before our exam, and i was therefore HIGHLY unprepared. Not only did i have a lack of AS standard knowledge, but i also had no experience in this subject as i did not do it at GCSE level, so i had no idea what i was supposed to be writing about.
I don't quite know how to approach this situation as i want to ensure this doesn't happen to me again next year, or even to any future students attending Clitheroe Royal Grammar School Sixth Form, who are planning to do DT.

I really like my teacher's but i feel they need a real lesson in the way to go about teaching a subject, and they need to learn that even though the practical side of the subject is far more enjoyable, 50% of our grade comes from learning the syllabus.
If anyone else feels they can add anything or offer any guidance, please do not hesitate to provide a comment. I would really like to see somebody else's angle on this situation.

Thanks, and sorry about the rant.

Emily:smile:
Original post by TheAsian
Aab (b was two marks off an a for chemistry), should I still apply for medicine? Also have an a in English AS, which I took in year 11.

Original post by harsh.boy365
Hi guys!
I am at AS Level and i got:
Biology: A (262/300)
Maths: A (262/300)
Chemistry : B (223/300)
Physics: B (217/300)

I want to do medicine in university, do you think i stand a good chance considering i only have work exp at a dentist and a consultancy? Honest truth please. :biggrin:

Thanks in advance

You can both still apply for medicine just make sure that you apply wisely. Some universities require an A for chemistry at AS. A friend of mine had similar grades and got an interview at Barts, UEA and st georges.
Original post by katekatiekate
Can someone please help me?! I have really random AS results and now I have no clue what kind of uni entry requirements I should be looking at! :frown: I got an A in photography (full marks in coursework) a C in psychology (A in one exam and D in the other) and a D in English Language which i'm retaking. Most entry requirements i'm looking are BBB/ABB/ABC etc however because i'm thinking for my overall a-level i'm probably gonna get an A* in photography, a B/C in psychology and a C in English, should I be looking at courses with higher or lower entry requirements? Would unis with a BBB requirement or something similar accept A*CC/A*BC? I've got quite a good personal statement as I'm a house captain, prefect etc and have done skydiving for charity and all that extra-curricular stuff they like (without sounding cocky) so I don't know?! I still don't know what I want to do at uni and entry requirements are a huge factor in my decision so can someone who's been in a similar situation to me previously or knows anything about this help me out?! My future depends on this and i'd be really grateful! Thank you :smile:

I dont think you should worry my offer was BBB for Pharmacy but i got ABC and my firm uni still let me in
Original post by Sagittarius94
I dont think you should worry my offer was BBB for Pharmacy but i got ABC and my firm uni still let me in

ok thank you! :smile:

Latest