The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

damn, got 3 a*s in maths, f maths and physics despite getting 45% in fp2..something's wrong here, not that i'm complaining
I'll miss seeing this thread pop up all the time!
Hi guys hope u had good results. Can sme1 help me in my problem i got A*AA in A level and my uni asked me to get AAA and a C in english. I highly doubt dat i will get C in my next week gcse results but does any1 think dey will still accept me with a D in gcse english since i got higher grades in A level dan what dey asked me to get My firm uni is city university london and my course is accounting finance
Maths - A (548/600ums) (M1 - 100/100!) (C4 - 97/100!!)
Physics - A (503/600ums) (Unit 5 - 110/120)
Product Design - A (361/400ums) (Coursework A2 - 97/100) (A2 exam - 72/100. With only a few weeks of LEARNING, I am pleased. Did coursework for most of the year.)
Didn't get any A*s as an average of 90%+ had to be achieved in A2 modules. Bit annoying, but at least I didn't get any B's. I did get a D in my extended project though, I don't know where I went wrong.
Going to Southampton Uni to read Mechanical Engineering.
Overall very happy and relieved!
Hope everyone got what they wanted/needed.
Biology: A
Maths: B (3 UMS off an A)
Psychology: B (6 UMS off an A)

Frustrated that I was so close to AAA, but I still met my ABB off for Biological Sciences at Exeter, so I'm still happy! :biggrin:
Reply 2125
Original post by MyNameIsRay

My teacher misinformed and told me I had to do the stats resit with my new exam board (Edexcel), which I did and I got a high A (89/100 UMS).

So my Stats resit counted towards nothing, and I had to keep my original stats mark. This cost me an A in Maths, which in turn cost me a £3,000 scholarship (also could have easily costed me my uni place but luckily it never.)

That sucks so much. I'd find that teacher and demand the £3000 from them!
Reply 2126
Original post by tn234
Not really, they couldn't give a **** to be honest and actually discouraged me from retaking modules and constantly put me down (also reminding me that I could never get the grades I did) but thats just my sixth form and my teachers really disliked me for some reason. :frown:

I had A-level teachers like that. My Maths Stats teacher actually took me aside once to tell me that he didn't think that i'd even pass, and that if he was a betting man then he'd bet that i'm going to fail! It wasn't even light-hearted. He straight up said that he thinks i'll do the worst in the class. I have no idea why, or why he felt the need to pull me outside the class to say this to me.

I got a high B in the end, so screw him. He really disliked me for some reason. I wasn't a problem for him or anything, in fact I sat on my own in the class because I joined a week late and didn't know anybody in there..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Cll_ws
I had A-level teachers like that. My Maths Stats teacher actually took me aside once to tell me that he didn't think that i'd even pass, and that if he was a betting man then he'd bet that i'm going to fail! It wasn't even light-hearted. He straight up said that he thinks i'll do the worst in the class. I have no idea why, or why he felt the need to pull me outside the class to say this to me.

I got a high B in the end, so screw him. He really disliked me for some reason. I wasn't a problem for him or anything, in fact I sat on my own in the class because I didn't know anybody in there..

More teachers should start practicing this brilliant technique :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Max Hodgkins
Maths - A (548/600ums) (M1 - 100/100!) (C4 - 97/100!!)
Physics - A (503/600ums) (Unit 5 - 110/120)
Product Design - A (361/400ums) (Coursework A2 - 97/100) (A2 exam - 72/100. With only a few weeks of LEARNING, I am pleased. Did coursework for most of the year.)
Didn't get any A*s as an average of 90%+ had to be achieved in A2 modules. Bit annoying, but at least I didn't get any B's. I did get a D in my extended project though, I don't know where I went wrong.
Going to Southampton Uni to read Mechanical Engineering.
Overall very happy and relieved!
Hope everyone got what they wanted/needed.

what was your c3 UMS ?
Original post by Ray2013
Hey!
Yes, I did, and I want to continue taking them on to A2. Hope it works out!

Yes hope as hope can do. But you must be really tough to do 8 A levels when there is no more Jan exams.
Original post by tn234
Not really, they couldn't give a **** to be honest and actually discouraged me from retaking modules and constantly put me down (also reminding me that I could never get the grades I did) but thats just my sixth form and my teachers really disliked me for some reason. :frown:

Felt this way through year 13. I dont even know why my teachers disliked me! I wanted to retake a chem unit to get an A* but head of chemistry was being condescending and I wanted to prove him wrong. I ended up not doing as well as I wanted to so I feel like a ****, but im so sure marking this year for a2 was really harsh and some of my marks dont seem right...too scared for a remark though :/
Finally got my AS results. 5 As, including General studies, with 100% UMS in maths. Shocked is an understatement.
Original post by King Hotpie
Finally got my AS results. 5 As, including General studies, with 100% UMS in maths. Shocked is an understatement.

What maths units did you take?
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
What maths units did you take?

AQA C1, C2 and M1
Original post by King Hotpie
AQA C1, C2 and M1

Everything 100 UMS?

Congrats !
Reply 2135
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Felt this way through year 13. I dont even know why my teachers disliked me! I wanted to retake a chem unit to get an A* but head of chemistry was being condescending and I wanted to prove him wrong. I ended up not doing as well as I wanted to so I feel like a ****, but im so sure marking this year for a2 was really harsh and some of my marks dont seem right...too scared for a remark though :/

I feel like theres been a lot of harsh marking in Edexcel maths too, my marks just don't seem to match what I thought was a much better performance in the exam.
Reply 2136

Now that I think about it I have been hearing marking is harsh a lot recently O_O I'm with AQA though, you? gutted because its too late now anyways :grumble: but I can't help but blame myself also.

Yeah I feel like in yr 12 there was no problem at all but ever since I kept asking for higher predicted grades well I asked twice/thrice (eg Maths AS was a B but my teacher wouldn't predict me an A and accused me of cheating when I did get an A in mock exams... In the end I got an A in all my modules for maths) all my teachers have ganged up and developed a mutual hatred towards me, even though i'm a bit of a goody two shoes if i do say so myself :colondollar: All I wanted was to be loved and supported by my teachers T_T now I'm secretly putting my middle fingers up at them :flower2:
Reply 2137
Original post by joereed
I feel like theres been a lot of harsh marking in Edexcel maths too, my marks just don't seem to match what I thought was a much better performance in the exam.

Would be a miracle if enough people felt this way and were offered a free remark :O I got an A in every biology module but then a C and E in the last modules I did this summer... Or I could just be a failure T_T
Original post by joereed

Funnily enough I was worried for edexcel maths the most but I ended up doing better than my other exams (but still not good enough!) edexcel biology was ****ing disgusting. Theres this guy who got pretty much full marks in every bio module, if he gets less than 98% you know edexcel's marking was harsh! Need to find out what he got now to check lol

Original post by tn234
Now that I think about it I have been hearing marking is harsh a lot recently O_O I'm with AQA though, you? gutted because its too late now anyways :grumble: but I can't help but blame myself also.

Yeah I feel like in yr 12 there was no problem at all but ever since I kept asking for higher predicted grades well I asked twice/thrice (eg Maths AS was a B but my teacher wouldn't predict me an A and accused me of cheating when I did get an A in mock exams... In the end I got an A in all my modules for maths) all my teachers have ganged up and developed a mutual hatred towards me, even though i'm a bit of a goody two shoes if i do say so myself :colondollar: All I wanted was to be loved and supported by my teachers T_T now I'm secretly putting my middle fingers up at them :flower2:

With ocr for chem and edexcel for bio and maths. All of the exam boards suck, its just hard to pick who sucks the most :lol: so happy I dont have to put up with their crap anymore now that im at uni!

Are you in year 12? Well done on your maths modules :smile: yeah im not a teachers pet but I do my work in class and contribute to discussions..they have no reason to hate me. Oh well, not gonna see any of them anymore so to hell with them LOL.
Reply 2139
Funnily enough I was worried for edexcel maths the most but I ended up doing better than my other exams (but still not good enough!) edexcel biology was ****ing disgusting. Theres this guy who got pretty much full marks in every bio module, if he gets less than 98% you know edexcel's marking was harsh! Need to find out what he got now to check lol

With ocr for chem and edexcel for bio and maths. All of the exam boards suck, its just hard to pick who sucks the most :lol: so happy I dont have to put up with their crap anymore now that im at uni!

Are you in year 12? Well done on your maths modules :smile: yeah im not a teachers pet but I do my work in class and contribute to discussions..they have no reason to hate me. Oh well, not gonna see any of them anymore so to hell with them LOL.

I wish I was smart enough to have full marks or just be naturally intelligent and do the bare minimum for revision. Naah i'm off to uni come september whooo :biggrin:

Latest