The Student Room Group

LLB hons or LLB hons with business

Hi I'm starting universty in September at BPP university and I've chosen to do LLB (hons) with business but now I'm in two minds. Which one be better, straight law or law with business as I want to go into the corporate and commercial field
Original post by sonia786
Hi I'm starting universty in September at BPP university and I've chosen to do LLB (hons) with business but now I'm in two minds. Which one be better, straight law or law with business as I want to go into the corporate and commercial field

Hi Sonia, I'm a third year student at BPP.

One thing to bear in mind is that if you choose the LLB (Business) option you must choose your optional modules from those flagged as 'Business' modules. If you choose to do the 'normal' LLB you can still choose to do the 'Business' options if you wish. Both are qualifying law degrees and you study the same compulsory modules on both. So unless you really really want the 'Business' title on your degree certificate there is in no reason at all to choose it.

In my opinion the extra word on the CV adds nothing and might even be detrimental. Plus two years through your degree you might decide you'd rather to a Jurisprudence module than Company Law, who knows?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
So I can do normal the normal ones with business modules ?
Reply 3
I've just changed the course from LLB with business to LLB hons hopefully I've made the right decision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I can do normal the normal ones with business modules ?

You can choose any optional module you like if you choose to do the straight LLB Hons.
There is nothing stopping you taking the exact same optional modules and compulsory modules that you would have done if you had chosen to do the LLB Business Law degree. For example, if you were going to choose Company Law and Employment Law as options on the Business Law degree then you can still choose these on the normal degree. But the converse is not true. You can choose to do Media Law and Jurisprudence on the normal degree, but not on the Business Law degree.

The LLB Business Law degree gives you nothing at all extra beyond the word 'Business' on your certificate.
Reply 5
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that out, I think il for straight LLB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that out, I think il for straight LLB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
I was just wondering which campus your going to be studying at for the LLB
Reply 7
Hi Farheen the one in Leeds :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile