The Student Room Group

is it worth getting it remarked?

for my AS results i got ABCC, and one of the C's was history, which i plan to study at university. I got a B in one exam, and an E in the other. It seems like such a drop, especially considering that i usually am a straight A/B student, and got an A during mocks (sorry i realise that sounds really big-headed), and there is a massive drop between a B and an E...
so is it worth getting it remarked to see if it was a marking issue or that i just royally screwed it up?
Reply 1
Original post by lollipopsunshine
for my AS results i got ABCC, and one of the C's was history, which i plan to study at university. I got a B in one exam, and an E in the other. It seems like such a drop, especially considering that i usually am a straight A/B student, and got an A during mocks (sorry i realise that sounds really big-headed), and there is a massive drop between a B and an E...
so is it worth getting it remarked to see if it was a marking issue or that i just royally screwed it up?

Everybody feels rubbish when they don't do well in the subject they want to take at University but realistically if you are getting an E in the exam, you need to think how you would handle A2 and even doing it at Uni.
Getting a remark could help but realistically I don't see an E going up more than one grade to a D or if you are very lucky a low C which won't really change your grade.

Just take it and try again next year,
And think about other subjects you may be good at in UNI.

Good luck.
Original post by doctordee
Everybody feels rubbish when they don't do well in the subject they want to take at University but realistically if you are getting an E in the exam, you need to think how you would handle A2 and even doing it at Uni.
Getting a remark could help but realistically I don't see an E going up more than one grade to a D or if you are very lucky a low C which won't really change your grade.

Just take it and try again next year,
And think about other subjects you may be good at in UNI.

Good luck.

i got a B in the other exam. And came out a C, although i was predicted an A. I chose history because i really, really love it, and i'm not picking another degree subject just because this was one bad grade, in one module. Which is why i want to see if its worth having it remarked, if it really was crap marking it could go up to a C and give me a B overall, that happened to a friend of mine once..maybe thats wishful thinking though...
Reply 3
Original post by lollipopsunshine
i got a B in the other exam. And came out a C, although i was predicted an A. I chose history because i really, really love it, and i'm not picking another degree subject just because this was one bad grade, in one module. Which is why i want to see if its worth having it remarked, if it really was crap marking it could go up to a C and give me a B overall, that happened to a friend of mine once..maybe thats wishful thinking though...

Go for the remark!
But don't get your hopes up and try and put the blame elsewhere..

Quick Reply

Latest