The Student Room Group

Transfer from Bristol to UCL????

Hey guys

Got my grades two days ago and was accepted to University of Bristol for economics.
However living in London and attend UCL was my dream. Don't get me wrong, Bristol is amazing. It's just I lived in Bristol for 5 years for high school already and it would be nice if I can go somewhere new to experience new things!

Since UCL does not operate in adjustment or clearing. The only two ways to get into UCL are take a gap year and reapply next year, or attend Bristol for a year than get transfer to UCL (If I'm right?). I prefer the second way and just wanted to ask you guys if there are anyone out there who has done it before and would be nice if some of you can share some personal experience towards this.

Thanks!
TC
Reply 1
Hi,

I have not done it however, it can be difficult to transfer from universities and typically they don't like it. The main reason is that most programs are not identical (even the same subject) between universities. Have you contacted UCL to see if they would accept a transfer?
Reply 2
Don't do it, UCL is in some ****ty part of London (Euston), the students are really snobby and have a massive Oxbridge and even Imperial chip on their shoulder. The facilities aren't even that great, buildings are all really old and un refurbished, and the academics aren't even that amazing. It's good but not 4th best in the world good. Conversely I've heard Bristol is amazing. don't know much about the university but the city is lovely I've heard. I can understand if you're sick of the place now and want to leave but it's only really worth it if you were going to LSE or Imperial. UCL isn't much better than Bristol. LSE and Imperial are also in much better parts of London.
Reply 3
Original post by peter12345
Don't do it, UCL is in some ****ty part of London (Euston), the students are really snobby and have a massive Oxbridge and even Imperial chip on their shoulder. The facilities aren't even that great, buildings are all really old and un refurbished, and the academics aren't even that amazing. It's good but not 4th best in the world good. Conversely I've heard Bristol is amazing. don't know much about the university but the city is lovely I've heard. I can understand if you're sick of the place now and want to leave but it's only really worth it if you were going to LSE or Imperial. UCL isn't much better than Bristol. LSE and Imperial are also in much better parts of London.

Wow. I didn't know UCL was that bad cause I've been to their open days and it look alright to me. Not sure about the buildings and the people tho. Didn't get much time to see around to be honest. Maybe it's just your personal opinion and I appreciate that! Imo, Bristol is lovely and perfect for overseas students like me. It's just the uni is literally 10 minutes by work from my old college. LOL Thanks anyway!
Reply 4
Original post by tp6cl4
Wow. I didn't know UCL was that bad cause I've been to their open days and it look alright to me. Not sure about the buildings and the people tho. Didn't get much time to see around to be honest. Maybe it's just your personal opinion and I appreciate that! Imo, Bristol is lovely and perfect for overseas students like me. It's just the uni is literally 10 minutes by work from my old college. LOL Thanks anyway!

Here's a PM that I had from someone just yesterday. We were talking about his time at UCL

I'd give my right arm to go to Bristol but alas I have property to maintain in London so must stay here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending