The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Isco > Bale. (For Real Madrid at least)
Original post by sevchenko
Isco Just saved Ancelotti's bacon. How does Bale even fit into this Madrid team? Would he even improve them?

That's what I was thinking watching the first half. Ronaldo-Isco-Ozil seemed to the positions occupied. Maybe Bale instead of Ozil might see the former provide more of an attacking drive from that side but other than that, I wouldn't say it'd be a major improvement. Ozil on form is a pretty classy player to have and plus Di Maria can come in aswell.

If I was Bale watching that and thinking, where would I play, I'd be a tad worried.
Original post by Zürich
No chance. Malaga/Valencia have sold everything including the kitchen sink, and Sociedad's star player is a guy West Brom wouldnt
even sign given the chance.

clearly don't watch sociedad :sigh: you could do with 3 of their attacking players tbh and they got pardo who was the DLP who I thought would go to Real
Original post by Icecream1
Inigo Martinez (Sociedad’s CB) is being courted by some of Europes best teams. Xabi Prieto, Carlos Vela etc, they are in the CL qualifying rounds so they aren’t crap.
The fact that Liverpool were going to sign Diego Costa from A Madrid shows you that they have players that would improve Liverpool’s side.

He doesn't watch sociedad so just complained as their forward was used properly unlike when he was at arsenal Pardo is worth a mention(alonso's heir tbh) so is de la bella(spains 2nd/3rd best LB) and lets not forget about Antoine Griezmann
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
clearly don't watch sociedad :sigh: you could do with 3 of their attacking players tbh and they got pardo who was the DLP who I thought would go to Real

only once or twice, but Ive seen Vela...
Original post by Zürich
only once or twice, but Ive seen Vela...

Anyway I'd say looking at your style of play bar prieto(as rosicky and santi play in the hole so no shame there) the wingers are better for your team's style I'm surprised nobody talked about Griezmann as he's a player who would go to the top and better on the wings than aoc and podolski have been so would inigo and pardo(better than ramsey at the least and I thought would be the one who went to real for 35m as alonso's heir in time) I'd say arsenal and tottenham are stronger in squad depth but they're at least as strong as liverpool
Original post by jam277
Anyway I'd say looking at your style of play bar prieto(as rosicky and santi play in the hole so no shame there) the wingers are better for your team's style I'm surprised nobody talked about Griezmann as he's a player who would go to the top and better on the wings than aoc and podolski have been so would inigo and pardo(better than ramsey at the least and I thought would be the one who went to real for 35m as alonso's heir in time) I'd say arsenal and tottenham are stronger in squad depth but they're at least as strong as liverpool

Griezmann's a player weve been linked with actually. Cant say I know much about him but he's got a good reputation, not played for France yet though...

Im sure Sociedad would be up there but the overall point remains that there are about 7 teams who would be challenging for a top4 Spanish spot.
Original post by Zürich
Griezmann's a player weve been linked with actually. Cant say I know much about him but he's got a good reputation, not played for France yet though...

Im sure Sociedad would be up there but the overall point remains that there are about 7 teams who would be challenging for a top4 Spanish spot.

He's not playing due to the m'Vila incident so he's banned for another year. But tbh those 7 teams challenge for a top 4 english spot anyway so it's saying that the english league is at least as strong as the spanish league at the top. I do feel 5 teams are strong enough to win the title in england but it won't pan out that way in the season.
casillas didn't play last night btw
Original post by jam277
casillas didn't play last night btw

Didn't you know he's going to Barcelona? :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zubizarreta (sports director): "You never know what can happen until 2 September, but we are at this moment not planning to sign anyone."

Jesus and it repeats itself rofl.

However if we play like that with pressing and movement we may not need a CB. Even if we were to have had Thiago Silva last season he wouldn't have helped much. Problem was there was no pressing so CB's were easily mismatched. Looks like Busquets is dropping back to the 3 at the back again as well with the wing backs pressing higher.
93 million plus Coentrao for Bale? I sincerely hope Madrid do this. Would be damn amazing. The outrage some of the fans would feel :laugh:

Real Madrid truly are the most ridiculous club on the planet
Original post by DaveSmith99

I think now is the time for you lot to pounce for one of their midfielders. Its a complete joke, they are pissed off that we got Neymar so they can't let us have that big marquee signing :laugh:

Could go for Khedira, Modric or Ozil. They are not gonna be happy warming the bench so.
Original post by Malevolent
I think now is the time for you lot to pounce for one of their midfielders. Its a complete joke, they are pissed off that we got Neymar so they can't let us have that big marquee signing :laugh:

Could go for Khedira, Modric or Ozil. They are not gonna be happy warming the bench so.

Ozil is one of my favorite players :coma: not really what we need though. I'd take Khedira or Modric in a heartbeat, I've pretty much resigned myself to finishing the window with Baines and Fellaini though, which just makes me thoroughly depressed.
Ozil is one of my favorite players :coma: not really what we need though. I'd take Khedira or Modric in a heartbeat, I've pretty much resigned myself to finishing the window with Baines and Fellaini though, which just makes me thoroughly depressed.

Yeah Ozil is such a awesome player but you need a bit of hardwork in the midfield, Ozil can barely last playing CAM let alone a CM. I dunno I think Modric or Khedira is possible.

Supposedly they were trying to flaunt Khedira to PSG but PSG didn't want him so who knows :dontknow:

Could upset a few players if Bale goes :colone:
Original post by Malevolent
Yeah Ozil is such a awesome player but you need a bit of hardwork in the midfield, Ozil can barely last playing CAM let alone a CM. I dunno I think Modric or Khedira is possible.

Supposedly they were trying to flaunt Khedira to PSG but PSG didn't want him so who knows :dontknow:

Could upset a few players if Bale goes :colone:

Yeah I can see Khedira leaving. Modric pushed for a move to Madrid for quite a while though so I can't see him giving up and packing his bags already. It will be interesting to see how Ancelotti deals with a very packed squad.
Yeah I can see Khedira leaving. Modric pushed for a move to Madrid for quite a while though so I can't see him giving up and packing his bags already. It will be interesting to see how Ancelotti deals with a very packed squad.

Khedira would be a very good signing for you. One part I feel Madrid haven't improved is the defence, they were just as bad as we were last season and yet they were not dealing with injury crisis. Carvajal and Marcelo look to be very good going forward but they might have the same problem we have with Alves and Alba. Way too attacking.
Reply 2638

tbf it must be great as a fan seeing world class players coming in every season

Would love Arsenal to do that
Original post by yaboy
tbf it must be great as a fan seeing world class players coming in every season

Would love Arsenal to do that

For all the money the spend they sure don't seem to be winning as many trophies as they should be :tongue:

Latest